R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-24-2005, 08:50 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Tamiya tires, inserts, wheels questions.

Just need someone to run through all the tamiya "slicks" and inserts and wheels to get ready for upcoming season. I will be running indoor carpet, outdoor grape-soda sprayed parking lot and properly prepped dedicated asphalt track. Black-can sport tuned 540's

Type A tires for carpet and outdoors if it's cool out (similar to CS-22's?), but it's the inserts I'm confused about. Blue/green/black?

Outdoors; B's?, B's, B2's, B3's? huh? Which type and inserts too for asphalt up to 55degrees.

Under what conditions will which tire/insert combo run too cold or overheat?

Which wheels are best performance and which ones are most durable. Tricks? Do I need to do anything to the wheels before I run (ie, true off the 2 ribs running around the inside of the wheel, etc, etc...
TCSracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 10:05 PM   #2
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCSracer
Just need someone to run through all the tamiya "slicks" and inserts and wheels to get ready for upcoming season. I will be running indoor carpet, outdoor grape-soda sprayed parking lot and properly prepped dedicated asphalt track. Black-can sport tuned 540's

Type A tires for carpet and outdoors if it's cool out (similar to CS-22's?), but it's the inserts I'm confused about. Blue/green/black?

Outdoors; B's?, B's, B2's, B3's? huh? Which type and inserts too for asphalt up to 55degrees.

Under what conditions will which tire/insert combo run too cold or overheat?

Which wheels are best performance and which ones are most durable. Tricks? Do I need to do anything to the wheels before I run (ie, true off the 2 ribs running around the inside of the wheel, etc, etc...
this is for TCS racing only right? for inserts. blue are soft, green is medium, black is hard. i might have blue and green mixed up. not sure. someone will correct me

A's are for indoor and carpet. A's for asphalt. When it gets hotter, use the B3s.

B's are impossible to find now. B3s are just as good. B2s are only for the insane (they dont work at all.. im sure some of the TCS racers who used them will gladly share their horror stories).

for rims, just use the Tamiya dish rims. some are off set (+2mm). thats just for added stability.

hope that helps. there's a TCS thread in the racing forum. more people visit there, and you can get more help from more experienced racers. im still a newbie
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote