R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-23-2005, 11:32 AM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default Batteries & Charger for XRAY T1R

Guys,

I am new to the hobby, I have been able to purchase a second hand Xray T1R at a reasonable price, the only thig missing is Batteries and a Charger.

Can you tell me what type of batteries are required for this car, what do I need to ask for ?

Can you suggest a quality reliable make ?

I will also need to buy a good charger, any info on makes and models for the above would be helpfull ?

Thanks

Dave
inet-projects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 01:00 PM   #2
Tech Regular

What are you using it for? Racing or bashing?

John
jrabbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 01:01 PM   #3
Tech Regular

What are you using it for? Racing or bashing? Also are you working with a budget?

John
jrabbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 01:10 PM   #4
Tech Initiate

Default Both

Hi,

Not sure what you mean by bashng, If you mean just for midweek club night sessions then yes, but I also bought the car to get me into racing, I intend to buy the 05 in the future and give this one to my young son when I get a understanding of tyres, setups, et etc.

Budget not really an issue, best bang for the buck.

Thanks

Dave
inet-projects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 01:32 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Batteries u would be looking at either GP 3700's or IB 3800's get them matched if u can There are many matchers like FUSION, SMC, POLE POSITION and many more if you don't have a set budget get a Novak Smart tray or some thing similiar to equalize the cells This helps improve the performance of time and extends the life of the cells. there are many good chargers on the market The Duratrax ICE is a excellent charger for the price. The MUCH MORE Cell Master is another excellent charger. U really can't Go wrong just buy the best u can afford. Here are some battery sites.

http://www.fusionbatteries.com
http://www.tmxpress.net/

Cheers Superkarter
Superkarter is offline   Reply With Quote