R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-25-2005, 08:20 AM   #106
Tech Champion
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
Why was there a need for a new GP cell if what you guys have been saying is true ?
Are you for real? You have been doing this for long enough that you already know the answer to your own question. No battery company everstops developing it products.

Asking that question opens up a can of worms you wont like. Intellect revises their batteries every week. Why is Intellect revising it's cells if they are already the best like you say?
__________________
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 10:24 AM   #107
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 436
Default

Wow, why has everyone skipped over the date code issue? I still like the idea, the cells and match are only as good as the date it was done. Nimh die with age, used or not.

Not sure what I was thinking, guess you guys with teams are just letting them use the crap packs and selling the good ones to us. What a load of bs. This is why I made the used car salesman anolgy earlier.

Eddieo, "they were just crazy runtime". But there was a reason you wanted to keep them and it was'nt because they were average packs as you are trying to convince me and everyone else. Voltage is based on time, longer run time lower voltage pack can outperform a hi volt low runtime pack. As far as I know your other "customer" may be a local racing buddy, rep, etc.

"All our stuff is in stock, feel free to buy it up....sold 150+ packs in 5 days....doubt we will have anything left come next week.", sounds like more salesman bs to me.......

Brian

Last edited by XCrash; 11-25-2005 at 10:40 AM.
XCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:04 AM   #108
Ike
Tech Master
 
Ike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,131
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCrash
Wow, why has everyone skipped over the date code issue? I still like the idea, the cells and match are only as good as the date it was done. Nimh die with age, used or not.

Not sure what I was thinking, guess you guys with teams are just letting them use the crap packs and selling the good ones to us. What a load of bs. This is why I made the used car salesman anolgy earlier.

Eddieo, "they were just crazy runtime". But there was a reason you wanted to keep them and it was'nt because they were average packs as you are trying to convince me and everyone else. Voltage is based on time, longer run time lower voltage pack can outperform a hi volt low runtime pack. As far as I know your other "customer" may be a local racing buddy, rep, etc.

"All our stuff is in stock, feel free to buy it up....sold 150+ packs in 5 days....doubt we will have anything left come next week.", sounds like more salesman bs to me.......

Brian
Were you beaten when you were a child by a battery matcher or something? Years ago it was impossible to get comparable cells to what sponsored drivers had (back when 1200 and 1700s were all the rage). But with the cells today and having a lot more matchers to choose from I've seen the numbers that some team drivers get, and they're not much better (if at all) than what you can buy for yourself.
Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:14 AM   #109
Company Representative
 
Danny/SMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Elkton, VA
Posts: 3,097
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Since this 3700 forum has turn into a SMC one, using a LRP and Pitbull3 charger. I charged both IAW the website's direction"30mv" and discharge them using the intergy 30 tray and between 2-3 race weekends the cell' shrink wrap will start coming off
What do you mean by IAW ?

Your Pitbull is set at .03 for a six cell pack ?
Danny/SMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:23 AM   #110
Company Representative
 
Danny/SMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Elkton, VA
Posts: 3,097
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
Are you for real? You have been doing this for long enough that you already know the answer to your own question. No battery company everstops developing it products.

Asking that question opens up a can of worms you wont like. Intellect revises their batteries every week. Why is Intellect revising it's cells if they are already the best like you say?
I'm as real as can be. I will not sit around and let Rick assume that we can't get GPs and let him and Oscar keep telling everyone that GP is better when in fact they aren't.

If GPs are that good how many do you think are running them in Cleveland ? In mod sedan which you said a few weeks ago that IB don't work well in that class the top 3 running IB3800s matched by us. Maybe we should start saying that we have a special nuclear zapper and only SMC IBs are good. We decide not to say things like this and we don't want to take away the credit from our drivers that are doing a great job.

You may also want to check with one of your European buddies who told you once that IBs aren't as good as GPs. This driver went to a race and wasn't allowed to bring his packs aboard the plane. When he got to the track he borrowed GPs and IBs and we noticed that the IBs were better. By the way this guy is an Orion driver and never had the chance to try IBs before.
Danny/SMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:29 AM   #111
Company Representative
 
Danny/SMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Elkton, VA
Posts: 3,097
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCrash
Wow, why has everyone skipped over the date code issue? I still like the idea, the cells and match are only as good as the date it was done. Nimh die with age, used or not.

Not sure what I was thinking, guess you guys with teams are just letting them use the crap packs and selling the good ones to us. What a load of bs. This is why I made the used car salesman anolgy earlier.

Eddieo, "they were just crazy runtime". But there was a reason you wanted to keep them and it was'nt because they were average packs as you are trying to convince me and everyone else. Voltage is based on time, longer run time lower voltage pack can outperform a hi volt low runtime pack. As far as I know your other "customer" may be a local racing buddy, rep, etc.

"All our stuff is in stock, feel free to buy it up....sold 150+ packs in 5 days....doubt we will have anything left come next week.", sounds like more salesman bs to me.......

Brian

Keep believing that Team Drivers are doing good because of packs and all they other stuff. The reason why they are Team Drivers is because they have won many races with off the shelf product.

I'm not sure what else to tell you but what I have written is how it goes down for us.

Where do you race at and what class do you run ? Next time there is a major race there we can send one of our Team Drivers. We will have him give you his personal packs and he will pick up some of our packs out of the counter at the track. If your able to beat him in a clean race then I will give you 100% sponsorship that will include what you think are special packs.
Danny/SMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:45 AM   #112
Ike
Tech Master
 
Ike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,131
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
Keep believing that Team Drivers are doing good because of packs and all they other stuff. The reason why they are Team Drivers is because they have won many races with off the shelf product.

I'm not sure what else to tell you but what I have written is how it goes down for us.

Where do you race at and what class do you run ? Next time there is a major race there we can send one of our Team Drivers. We will have him give you his personal packs and he will pick up some of our packs out of the counter at the track. If your able to beat him in a clean race then I will give you 100% sponsorship that will include what you think are special packs.
Danny, can I have the same deal? Except I want to give your team driver the packs to save him some money <Goes and looks for his old 1700 packs>
Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:48 AM   #113
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Dallas,Tx
Posts: 3,666
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer
Default

Xcrash(Brian)-I would have to admit your an Idiot.I wanted to stay away from Name calling but I dont think you have a clue.
You word things to a way that they are ONLY 1 sided.Ever heard of truthful debate????
You said:
Not sure what I was thinking, guess you guys with teams are just letting them use the crap packs and selling the good ones to us. What a load of bs. This is why I made the used car salesman anolgy earlier.
There isnt THAT many team drivers on board.They dont get packs EVERY batch so NO they dont use crap packs.Those are either stick packed or sold to someone else.I guarantee you find some store with the good SMC's and they will be 1.19-.1.20 at 35amps.How could you ask for anything more.
Quit using excuses for your lack of setup and driving skills.It's getting OLD.

Out of 300 packs the guy decided to keep 2 packs?He said there was 2 packs that mirrored these and they went to the Distributor to sell.
Are you going to blame SMC/Br00d/Surge/Orion or any other matcher for what happens at the Distributor and or Shop?Get real.
Important Note:Not every batch has packs being withheld.Alot of times the TOP PACKS go out for sale all the time.
I recieved some packs from my sponsor 2 months ago and they were 1.18's.Due to the new batch the one's on the shelf were 1.19's and 1.20's.
I still beat the guys who had those batteries.So what gives with your equation now?
Please dont post unless it's backed up with HONEST KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE.Your talking out your Arse.

P.S.Looking back at older post when ORION/PEAK was pushing Sanyo 3300's and Danny was helping GP build up their cell and offer them to the R/C world. Trinity or Orion/Peak offered no thanks to Danny for doing this.I gotta give credit where credit is due.He is doing the same thing with IB and I have had my Ib's for 5 months now with NO issue's.
Promatch got away from the OLD Ib's and even stated he didnt like them due to issue's he had with them.He went with GP3700's and notice he was getting beat everywhere by IB3800's if the driver's skill levels were the same.
Well if you NOTICE he's offering IB's again and fazing out GP's.
I hope this new cell is as good as Orion/Peak Says.But is it just that or just a cell with new shrink wrap?
Used Car Salesmen is a joke Brian.He is simply stating that the latest packs are UNREAL compared to packs in the past and are SUPER hot right now and in HIGH DEMAND.He is honest and you jump him for it?What gives?
If your the man you speak to be then why not take him up on his offer.He sends a driver with his packs and he gets counter packs and if you beat the guy he offers 100% sponsorship.Sounds fair to me.
Whatcha got to say?
__________________
*****Look me up on Ebay. I will have alot of stuff going up as 7/7/2016. User name is Dalracer.**** This is going to be a BIG ONE!!!!!!
Just wanted to say Thanks to RcTech for all these years of Great Information.
TexRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:49 AM   #114
Company Representative
 
Danny/SMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Elkton, VA
Posts: 3,097
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

No need to dig out your 1700s this deal is only offered to Brian.
Danny/SMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:54 AM   #115
Ike
Tech Master
 
Ike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,131
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
No need to dig out your 1700s this deal is only offered to Brian.
I know man, I was just messing around.

Since I brought up the 1700s... Anyone who complains about what type of batteries they can purchase today haven't been in RC that long, especially not trying to make 8 minutes whith the older Sanyo and Panasonic cells. It was probably the main reason 1/12th scale racing lost much of its popularity. Had the difference in sponsored driver's cells and the cells I can buy been as great as it was back then I would not have gottne back into RC after over 10 years away. The cells today are so wonderful compared to the crap we used to use, and most people take that for granted.
Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 02:05 PM   #116
Tech Elite
 
EddieO's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,414
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

The were 420 1.201 and 422 1.203....the other two packs I sent out to a customer (sorry, not a local guy, just a very good customer)....were 419 1.205 and 418 1.203....HUGE difference!! Another customer got some 415 1.209 cells (sorry, 7 seconds isn't gonna be a .006 difference in voltage, yer nuts)

I can tell you without a doubt, I sent packs with higher runtime and higher voltage to customers in the last batch. This batch did not have as high of runtime....but the voltage numbers were nuts across the board, providing a much much more conistent batch accross the board.

The previous batch, we grabbed nothing for team packs until every order was filled.....customers got all the top cells.....

And having more runtime with lower voltage, typically doesn't always perform as good as a less runtime pack with higher voltage....it was at least this way the 3300 packs....still will be a bit before we figure out how it is with the ib3800 sells...

As for what's in stock?? Well....we were able to make over 180+ 1.20x or better voltage packs out of 2000 cells (which is makes about 300 packs)....so over 50% of the stuff was 1.20

Don't believe me? Well, put yer money where you mouth is....fly me out to your place, put me on a polygraph.....wanna bet $1000 that I pass?

Later EddieO
__________________
www.teambrood.com
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 02:42 PM   #117
Tech Master
 
John Doucakis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 1,108
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

It is normal for each individual matcher to claim that their product is the best.
It is annoying when each other start bashing at the other's products, and try to prove how bad the other matcher's products are..

No matter what results you refer to for proof of your product being the best it makes no sense as one can make comparisons ONLY if the whole team from each mathcing company is present at this particular event.

So which was the last event the above occured, where all team drivers from each matcher were present and who was the winner?

Was it IIC in Vegas?
John Doucakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 02:52 PM   #118
Tech Elite
 
EddieO's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,414
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

You will never find an event where everyone is present.....Vegas did have a good number of them though...



Later EddieO
__________________
www.teambrood.com
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 03:00 PM   #119
Company Representative
 
Danny/SMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Elkton, VA
Posts: 3,097
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doucakis
It is normal for each individual matcher to claim that their product is the best.
It is annoying when each other start bashing at the other's products, and try to prove how bad the other matcher's products are..

No matter what results you refer to for proof of your product being the best it makes no sense as one can make comparisons ONLY if the whole team from each mathcing company is present at this particular event.

So which was the last event the above occured, where all team drivers from each matcher were present and who was the winner?

Was it IIC in Vegas?

Yes the IIC was an event where IB and GP were able to battle it out. Over 50% of the A main racers used the IBs and yes GP won the 2 mod sedan classes with IB powered cars in 2nd place.

At that race the Orion guys were announced as using the GP3700SP2. Now we find out that this is a new lower IR cell with higher voltage. That is fine but all along they have been saying that the GP3700 is better than the IB3800. Maybe the new SP2 is better or as good but not the regular lower voltage GP3700.

Anyway these message boards are made to give it info and help fellow RC racers. Maybe in Europe the cell of choice is GP but here in North America it's clearly IB. Sorry to annoy you.
Danny/SMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 03:10 PM   #120
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Holland, Gouda
Posts: 113
Default

Yes in Europe is the choice now 3700 for a simple reason.
The IB3800 are not allowed at most races yet.
So here we have no choice.

This Big event now in Europe (speed weekend) is also an example no IB3800 allowed in mod only in stock.


Arjen
Arjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KoPropo MUCHMORE TeamOrion SHV IB4200 VMX m3ndo5a R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 17 07-08-2008 03:04 PM
TeamOrion Wasp CRF engine suck_my_exhaust Singapore R/C Racers 3 03-13-2008 04:30 AM
lipo 3200 Teamorion 20c m3ndo5a R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 12-23-2007 09:42 PM
F103GT, TC4 RTR, BC112C, GP3700SP2, Smart Tray SE act2007 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 35 09-25-2007 04:39 PM
WTB: GTB, TeamOrion 4800Lipo, Tires/Rims Peter_PaP Australia Wanted to Buy 2 06-15-2007 05:03 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:45 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net