R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-17-2007, 11:36 AM   #1261
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just read this entire thread......whew.

A track near me runs F103GT TCS rules in endurance racing. I am going to dive in this weekend, pick up a kit and get it up and running.
Going to picl up and extra body and paint it like the Dyson team.

Old 07-18-2007, 04:35 PM   #1262
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Yesterday I took some time and hit the track- cleaned it a bit and took care of a couple other issues, as took a few laps. My good friend Alfonso, one of the best TC drivers in town, has been testing with a Tamiya 103GT 1/10th direct drive pan car/ touring car/ F1? He finnaly got it set up, and ran Gas TC tires front and rear, w/ Lipo and Novak 3.5R motor...wow...it was fast and show crisp handling. I sparred with him and my TC was faster on the straits, and comming out of corners...the Tamiya 103GT had at least the same amount of corner speed, but was better turning in and scooting thru corners...the TC was faster and better over all, as per the bottom line results, but I'm very impressed at what that $130 car did. Tire wear was amazingly low, for the high speeds and run times- 10 minutes straight per pack. Its very tough, and very easy to work on. Its got lots of hop-ups and plenty of parts available, and they are sooooooo cheap! Hopefully my pan car can work like that 103GT and even better...awaiting some new tires and then back to the track.
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:04 PM   #1263
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to idwurks Send a message via Yahoo to idwurks

I am def. working on getting one of these within the next few weeks. My biggest problem is... I dont know what livery to paint the body
idwurks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 07:28 AM   #1264
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie View Post
They are for mounting your servo. It's catered to fit those that are slightly smaller to fit the plastic servo holder.

Check out the page on installation of electronics. It's written there.

Hope it helps!
Alfie
Thanks.Mario.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 05:46 PM   #1265
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to idwurks Send a message via Yahoo to idwurks

Where are you guys finding your decals? Obviously they are pieced together from random kits, but can you give me some ideas? I especially love that redbull livery as well as the porsche spyder.
idwurks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:02 PM   #1266
Tech Apprentice

I am trying to get people to run f 103 in our track. Most of them are former TC drivers, but Nitro is the big thing right now (dont ask me why).

Can somebody tell me if they are running this in some club and how about their experiences with this car?

Thanks.
pepecueva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:56 PM   #1267
MD
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)

I have an F103gt and I ran it in one of the TCS races and enjoyed it. Setting it up for the parking lot is a little tricky, but carpet would be easier. I don't know of anyone in my area who has one yet. I think some guys run them at Trackside.
MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:47 PM   #1268
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Alfie

I had tried running at another track where Nitro cars ran.

The trick is to run foams on those track because of the oil residue on the surface of the track that will help keep the F103GT dialled.

Rubber tires won't work there.

Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepecueva View Post
I am trying to get people to run f 103 in our track. Most of them are former TC drivers, but Nitro is the big thing right now (dont ask me why).

Can somebody tell me if they are running this in some club and how about their experiences with this car?

Thanks.

Retired Fleet: DDM • F103GT-R™ • F103LM TRF • F103LM • RC10L3 Team Touring • YR4M2 Type J PRO • YR4M • YR-F2 SP • Boomerang • Mountaineer • JPS • Clod • Bullhead • TLT-1 • Avante 2001 •
Alfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:11 PM   #1269
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idwurks View Post
Where are you guys finding your decals? Obviously they are pieced together from random kits, but can you give me some ideas? I especially love that redbull livery as well as the porsche spyder.
The Spyder is custom cut decals from vinyl. Some of the front black decals are from other kits but all the DHL, Adidas, Porsche, Hyatt ones are custom.
slcf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:29 PM   #1270
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Ian_da_bomb Send a message via Yahoo to Ian_da_bomb
Default Bumper

Guys, I just finished building my F103GT kit, and my only problem is that I purchased the kit without the Courage body, and bought the body off a local tamiya guy. What that means is that the front bumper is not the correct setup for running the Courage body. What parts do I need to run the body?

The rears arent a problem because they are included in the kit, but the fronts, I am not sure what to do. Please LMK!

Ian
Ian_da_bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:21 PM   #1271
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_da_bomb View Post
Guys, I just finished building my F103GT kit, and my only problem is that I purchased the kit without the Courage body, and bought the body off a local tamiya guy. What that means is that the front bumper is not the correct setup for running the Courage body. What parts do I need to run the body?

The rears arent a problem because they are included in the kit, but the fronts, I am not sure what to do. Please LMK!

Ian
Courage kit's bumper basicly is very much the same as your GT's bumper kit but with the 2 short body post...I am sure someone asked the exact same question in this thread before cause I read that before. You have to cut 2 base body post on your existing bumper plate and drill 2 new holes for the short body post for the Courage body..

Courage body does not required a foam bumper like when it was used on TC ...
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:20 PM   #1272
Tech Regular

I understand thats an option. I was hoping I could get my hands on a true Courage bumper somehow and not have to cut into the body in 2 other spots. I think it would look pretty lame to have 4 front body post holes jah?

Do you know the part number for that bumper? I think I have it in the directions that came with the body, but I am not sure how to go about doing that. I guess worst case I could have a friend create a new carbon bumper piece...

This looks like the bumper, but I dont see how this fits to the chassis...

This is what it has now...

EDIT: Well I read through the thread, and it seems there is a part number #9000030, but according to the thread, Tamiya has been out of stock forever. So I guess I may need to fabricate something up

Last edited by Ian_da_bomb; 08-01-2007 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:07 PM   #1273
Tech Regular

Well I stared at the thing for a few minutes, and this is my semi-temporary solution. The body mounts up perfectly and all I will need to do is find a way to reinforce it a little bit for longevity.
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya Direct Drive Touring Car-f103gt_bumper.jpg  
Old 08-01-2007, 04:09 PM   #1274
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_da_bomb View Post
Well I stared at the thing for a few minutes, and this is my semi-temporary solution. The body mounts up perfectly and all I will need to do is find a way to reinforce it a little bit for longevity.
Nice solution. I can make another chassis now that I've seen this... Thanks.
slcf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:21 PM   #1275
Tech Regular

You might even be able to remove the rear reinforcement of that part, and use the most forward screw holes. That way you can attach all 3 front screws to it.... I will try to find a more permanent solution soon. I know as soon as I hit a crub or a wall, it will tear the bumper off.