R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-2007, 10:44 AM   #976
Tech Master
 
madjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,769
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Difuser
Just think John in a week you get to put a face to all the love here.......
looking forward to it!
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:00 AM   #977
Tech Addict
 
MrBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OC
Posts: 746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara
Can somoene share the F103GT Courage setup @ Tamiya Track - Ca? Already planning for the North America Final trip..........need summer to come and test outdoor. Way too much snow right now outside....thanks
/\ Scroll up 13 posts /\ #964
__________________
TEAM ORION - AVIONICS - KYOSHO - KO PROPO - PEAK

"Racing is about the journey not the destination if it wasn't it would simply be called Arriving"

"The solution is people need to spend more of their efforts on promoting and finding more people to race with, rather then a personal quest to form a class that they can win at."
MrBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:02 AM   #978
Tech Elite
 
mtveten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,668
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlack
So now we have public show down between TurtleMaster and Mark, no pressure guys.
No showdown he gave up and quit the class.

Come TCS I am sure there will be plenty of racers as fast or faster than me but Turtle gave up trying to be one of them.

Mark
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:37 PM   #979
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtveten
No showdown he gave up and quit the class.

Come TCS I am sure there will be plenty of racers as fast or faster than me but Turtle gave up trying to be one of them.

Mark
so mark.. can i have your set up for SIR? i was thinking about bringing up my F103GT.. but now im having second thoughts since i havent had much wheel time with it.

dan.. see you in a week man! john..when you flying in?
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:45 PM   #980
Tech Master
 
madjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,769
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
so mark.. can i have your set up for SIR? i was thinking about bringing up my F103GT.. but now im having second thoughts since i havent had much wheel time with it.

dan.. see you in a week man! john..when you flying in?
Friday evening...the whole job thing keeps getting in the way of my hobby
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:48 PM   #981
Tech Master
 
linger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Retired
Posts: 1,132
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
so mark.. can i have your set up for SIR? i was thinking about bringing up my F103GT.. but now im having second thoughts since i havent had much wheel time with it.
Hebiki, concentrate another class. Send you F103GT to me. I'll tune it in.
__________________
I used to be a spitter, now I'm a swallower. I graduated.
linger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:31 PM   #982
Tech Elite
 
mtveten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,668
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
so mark.. can i have your set up for SIR? i was thinking about bringing up my F103GT.. but now im having second thoughts since i havent had much wheel time with it.

dan.. see you in a week man! john..when you flying in?
FRONT
gold springs
3mm spacer above upper arm, 1mm spacer below knuckle.
Steering links mounter on underside of knuckle in rear postion, .5deg toe out
b3s with tamiya hard insert, 1/2 to 3/4 (depending on grip level) pargaon 1min soak.


SHOCK
80wt w/ 3 hole white piston.
white spring with red dot (the ones that comes with the hop-up shock)
2mm spacer under front shock mount

POD
flex pate t-bat w/ stock o-ring setup, ~ 2 turns tighter than factory setting.
50/50 mix of tamiya medium & soft friction grease w/ plastic friction discs, springs adjusted for even light tension
Shock adjusted to make pod level with chassis.
~8oz total battery weight, 3200 lipo w/ 1 oz of lead centered under battery

REAR
B3s w/ tamiya kit type foam strips (the softest charcoal one) narrowed to 24mm.
paragon over full tire, 3min soak.
Diff set just tight enough to not slip w/ 2 spring washers

GEARING
23/104 w/ the kit included silver can

I'll be up the Friday before TCS if you want to give my car a try to see how it compares to yours.

Mark
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:13 PM   #983
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by linger
Hebiki, concentrate another class. Send you F103GT to me. I'll tune it in.
you serious? cus ill send it up if you wanna borrow it? just replace anything worn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjack
Friday evening...the whole job thing keeps getting in the way of my hobby
no kidding. same with home ownership. really hampers my racing budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtveten
FRONT
gold springs
3mm spacer above upper arm, 1mm spacer below knuckle.
Steering links mounter on underside of knuckle in rear postion, .5deg toe out
b3s with tamiya hard insert, 1/2 to 3/4 (depending on grip level) pargaon 1min soak.


SHOCK
80wt w/ 3 hole white piston.
white spring with red dot (the ones that comes with the hop-up shock)
2mm spacer under front shock mount

POD
flex pate t-bat w/ stock o-ring setup, ~ 2 turns tighter than factory setting.
50/50 mix of tamiya medium & soft friction grease w/ plastic friction discs, springs adjusted for even light tension
Shock adjusted to make pod level with chassis.
~8oz total battery weight, 3200 lipo w/ 1 oz of lead centered under battery

REAR
B3s w/ tamiya kit type foam strips (the softest charcoal one) narrowed to 24mm.
paragon over full tire, 3min soak.
Diff set just tight enough to not slip w/ 2 spring washers

GEARING
23/104 w/ the kit included silver can

I'll be up the Friday before TCS if you want to give my car a try to see how it compares to yours.

Mark
Mark... my car sucks. its a yugo..and yours is a bentley. i havent even driven yours yet and i can already tell you mine sucks really bad. i will gladly take you up on that offer. i arrive early thursday morning and will be at the track both days.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:21 PM   #984
Tech Elite
 
mtveten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,668
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

I dunno if I'll make it up Thursday but I have Friday off so I will see you then for sure.

Mark
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:56 PM   #985
Tech Adept
 
shaggys40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 103
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Got my f103gt on the track for the first time at SIR and .... it was Horrible!!! I almost threw it in the garbage .... but i kept messing with it, and I found out one adjustment that truly would make or break my car .... FRONT TOE!!! I had too much toe in, so I tried a little toe out, and it was like driveing a completely different car. I could actually get it around the track without doing any donuts!
Now I'm gonna take your set up Mark and run with it. I will try to make it down Sunday to race with ya
__________________
I have some RC cars and other stuff.....shaft drive forever!!
shaggys40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:36 AM   #986
Tech Initiate
 
Lotus111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 46
Send a message via MSN to Lotus111
Default

My car turns left when I accelerate.
Checked on the twickboard and of course it had tweak.

- Did anybody hade the same experiance?
- How would you solve it?

a. But reciver and ESC on the same site
b. but washers/spacers under front knuckle
c. but adidional weight on the other site


Thanks
__________________
>> no limits <<
http://mcc-konstanz.spaces.live.com
http://de.youtube.com/user/stecher111
http://www.bawue-cup.de
Lotus111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:33 AM   #987
Tech Master
 
dag32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,632
Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)
Default

Decided not to run F103GT @ TCS so I'm selling the car with ESC, servo and LiPo's check it out here.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=153908
dag32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:10 AM   #988
Tech Elite
 
mtveten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,668
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus111
My car turns left when I accelerate.
Checked on the twickboard and of course it had tweak.

- Did anybody hade the same experiance?
- How would you solve it?

a. But reciver and ESC on the same site
b. but washers/spacers under front knuckle
c. but adidional weight on the other site


Thanks
Balance the car, the easiest way to balance the electronics is to center them on the chassis 1 in front of the other and run your wires up the center along the shock. With the electronics centered your weight distribution should be close enough to race but if you want it perfect you need only add bit of weight to the light.

Mark
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:09 AM   #989
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 557
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Dont know if this has been asked before but what parts would I need to convert my F103 to touring car spec? Any help appreciated.
$$$... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:11 AM   #990
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,524
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtveten
No showdown he gave up and quit the class.

Come TCS I am sure there will be plenty of racers as fast or faster than me but Turtle gave up trying to be one of them.

Mark
i'm certainly glad i quit looking at the thread when i did. cause the response to your above posts wouldn't have been pretty and no need to screw up another thread with our crap. its not that i gave up trying to be faster,(cause i already was) its that when i went over my track statements i realized i was charged full price for my kit while you and your dad got discounts, which i thought was really wierd seeing how i race there every week and you haven't been there in over a year. so much for supporting the LHS. I won't be stepping up and doing that again.

btw, someone has taken over the turtlemaster screen name and changed the password so this is my new one.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB Old direct drive car or sprint car mopar70 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 04-23-2008 10:30 AM
Direct Drive Diff Help/Question Rockin Johny Electric On-Road 0 04-17-2008 10:53 AM
200mm direct drive touring car Tomoyuki Electric On-Road 13 06-26-2007 12:40 PM
Direct Drive Touring Cars scoobydo Electric On-Road 35 04-25-2005 03:46 PM
1/12 direct drive cars TFR Electric On-Road 13 08-31-2001 11:34 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:33 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net