Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya Direct Drive Touring Car >

Tamiya Direct Drive Touring Car

Like Tree92Likes

Tamiya Direct Drive Touring Car

Old 01-19-2007, 08:06 AM
  #796  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (39)
 
RCBuddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,047
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hebiki
pick one up tomorrow..and ill see you at tamiya on saturday!

my cell is still the same.. call me up sometime.
And I thought you wouldn't notice...hee hee

I will be picking one up on saturday from Speedtech. Assuming that he's got enough of them. I'll drop by Tamiya if your going to be there Chris, let me know.

PM me your cell, it got erased when I transferred over to my treo...
RCBuddha is offline  
Old 01-19-2007, 08:09 AM
  #797  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (39)
 
RCBuddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,047
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Solara
I don't think it is as realiztic as F201...but for F103GT owner, it is the option.

Link/info provided by member TTSO and Rcstudy.com





http://www.ccn3.aitai.ne.jp/~chevron/fsl013b-1.htm
That actually looks decent, I'm going to build a second chassis just to use all the old F-1 Bodies I have laying around.
RCBuddha is offline  
Old 01-19-2007, 08:48 AM
  #798  
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Those narrower tyres gives it an F3 sort of look
I might just have to build a second car and use the unpainted Sauber body
NiMo is offline  
Old 01-19-2007, 08:59 AM
  #799  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RCBuddha
And I thought you wouldn't notice...hee hee

I will be picking one up on saturday from Speedtech. Assuming that he's got enough of them. I'll drop by Tamiya if your going to be there Chris, let me know.

PM me your cell, it got erased when I transferred over to my treo...
ill "should" be at tamiya tomorrow. i'll start building tonight and probably finish at Tamiya

now i gotta get this thing to work with Tamiya tires and courage body

PM'ed you my cell. i assume yours has changed? ill save it when you call me. my number hasn't changed
Hebiki is offline  
Old 01-19-2007, 03:43 PM
  #800  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (39)
 
RCBuddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,047
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hebiki
ill "should" be at tamiya tomorrow. i'll start building tonight and probably finish at Tamiya

now i gotta get this thing to work with Tamiya tires and courage body

PM'ed you my cell. i assume yours has changed? ill save it when you call me. my number hasn't changed
I'll drop by tamiya sometime around lunch...I need to stop by speedtech, then ultimate...its a day in search of kits and parts...
RCBuddha is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 09:47 AM
  #801  
Tech Apprentice
 
Justinian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Orting, WA
Posts: 72
Default

I went to 3racings's website to get the laydown servo mount and some titanium turnbuckles. When I tried to order it threw up a page about sending an inquiry

How do you order from their site?? Is there a US distributor that may be able to get those parts more readily???
Justinian is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 09:56 AM
  #802  
Tech Elite
 
streetracer745's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,291
Default

ive seen lots of parts on ebay. chassis and servo mounts and stuff.
streetracer745 is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 01:16 PM
  #803  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,254
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone know a good TAMIYA slick/rubber tire spec and insert that is good for indoor carpet? Looking for soemthing ppl typically use for indoor carpet TCS race (Trackside or others) and it is for typical TC and F103GT...thanks for sharing.
Solara is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 03:34 PM
  #804  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (9)
 
Darkseid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Kansas City, KS
Posts: 9,045
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I've been skimming over the last couple pages and have been VERY impressed by the look of these cars. I've been considering adding this car to my garage.

One thing though, where are you guys getting those amazing team decal sets from? The Audi and Ferrari would be at the top of my list. But the Calsonic was also good looking.
Darkseid is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 03:46 PM
  #805  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (9)
 
Darkseid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Kansas City, KS
Posts: 9,045
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

One more thing...

Those of you that are painting your own bodies, are you guys buying the Courage Kit and getting yourselves an extra body, or are you simply getting the F103GT chassis kit and getting the clear body?
Darkseid is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 05:18 PM
  #806  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Afro Puff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 316
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

If you want to run a different Courage, you'll need to get the Courage kit and an extra clear body. If you get the regular kit and buy a clear Courage body, the bumper won't fit under the body and you'll need to find a front bumper elsewhere because SOMEONE has been out of them since the car came out (thank you Tamiya).
Afro Puff is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 05:53 PM
  #807  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
414MPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 989
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Solara,
A's at Trackside for both the Touring and '03GT. Wheels and inserts are personal preferance, but deffinatley A tires, p/n 53433, 1 pair per box (2 each) with no insert or wheel included, $17.00 MSRP per Tamiya USA web http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=53433

Marty
414MPH is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 07:26 PM
  #808  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (9)
 
Darkseid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Kansas City, KS
Posts: 9,045
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Afro Puff
If you want to run a different Courage, you'll need to get the Courage kit and an extra clear body. If you get the regular kit and buy a clear Courage body, the bumper won't fit under the body and you'll need to find a front bumper elsewhere because SOMEONE has been out of them since the car came out (thank you Tamiya).
Thanks

The bumper thing sounds familiar...especially since the F103GT and the TA05 share the same replacement bumper set. Finding this replacement bumper set for the TA05 and F103GT is like finding a four leaf clover.
Darkseid is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 11:26 PM
  #809  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,254
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 414MPH
Solara,
A's at Trackside for both the Touring and '03GT. Wheels and inserts are personal preferance, but deffinatley A tires, p/n 53433, 1 pair per box (2 each) with no insert or wheel included, $17.00 MSRP per Tamiya USA web http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=53433

Marty
Thanks Marty, will saved this information..............I assume on F103GT, using Type A tires...front and back are both 24mm? And do ppl usually using harder insert on the front and softer at the rear?

I was spoil by those CS27 pre-glue, I have no idea how to choose insert nor I don't even know I need insert....LOL.
Solara is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 11:29 PM
  #810  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,254
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Darkseid
One more thing...

Those of you that are painting your own bodies, are you guys buying the Courage Kit and getting yourselves an extra body, or are you simply getting the F103GT chassis kit and getting the clear body?
I am sure most ppl are buying the kit PLUS the extra clear body for the different scheme/color courage.........$140 courage kit, included the pre-painted body alone is almost $60 retail. I think that is a bargain for a full kit then buying them seperate.

Not unless you are going to make it F10"3-racing" GT.
Solara is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.