Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-07-2007, 10:07 PM   #721
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtypec
Lol...my brother did the Ferrari.

Remember how I said I'll do the Jordan 7Up scheme...well here she is. I still think the 7Up scheme looks best as an F1 car, hands down. In any event, here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.
nice work Rod, looks great
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:41 PM   #722
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default extra washer

Hi

I was just wondering why everyone adds a washer to the diff?
junn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:04 PM   #723
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by junn
Hi

I was just wondering why everyone adds a washer to the diff?

Are you refering the washer that's in Diff? Its because the stock one is too 'loose' so add washers to tighten the diff.

Last edited by Ben.C; 01-07-2007 at 11:15 PM.
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:53 AM   #724
Tech Adept

Default tight diff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.C
Are you refering the washer that's in Diff? Its because the stock one is too 'loose' so add washers to tighten the diff.
But I thought you run a loose diff to so that the rear of the wouldnt loose traction. When I had an F103 I used to loosen the diff so it wouldnt spin out, maybe I was adjusting the wrong thing for traction.

So, if you want traction on asphalt you loosen the t-plate, suspension disks and soften your shock? and so it doesnt matter how tight the diff is? What about the front end? Can I assume that like in touring cars if the car oversteers you harden up the front end? Sorry to sound like a newbie but I think my ideas about setting up these cars were completely wrong.

Thanks for your help
Old 01-08-2007, 12:30 PM   #725
Tech Master

Quote:
But I thought you run a loose diff to so that the rear of the wouldnt loose traction. When I had an F103 I used to loosen the diff so it wouldnt spin out, maybe I was adjusting the wrong thing for traction.

So, if you want traction on asphalt you loosen the t-plate, suspension disks and soften your shock? and so it doesnt matter how tight the diff is? What about the front end? Can I assume that like in touring cars if the car oversteers you harden up the front end? Sorry to sound like a newbie but I think my ideas about setting up these cars were completely wrong.

Thanks for your help
?
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:28 PM   #726
Tech Adept

Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo
?
??
Old 01-08-2007, 11:52 PM   #727
Tech Master

Quote:

Thanks for your help

Original setting is fine, but the diff will slip like mad with a mild mod motor in it. Like say a 13 or 14 turn...I have friends with 7.5R BL in there and it slips like nuts, feels like turbo lag.I'm running a 14 turn in it and I need the extra washer to tighten things up.

Loosen the t-plate will get you more traction on asphalt and soft spring up front to give the car more turn in.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:05 AM   #728
Tech Adept

I have a few questions about this chassis.

-is it now a national class in north america for tcs?
-what tamiys hop ups are available for the car?
-im assuming type a's medium narrow are better than the painted body kit supplied slicks?
-if I run medium narrows with the courage body will I need offset wheels? if so how much?
-which parts tend to break easy, i want to order sprares with my chassis
-any place online where I can get chassis and parts for cheap. Im thinking of ordering from rcmodel.com.hk
-has anyone ordered from shopping.rcmodel.com.hk? did you get charged brokerage fees or taxes? (im in canada)

Thanks

Carthik
SeaKayCarthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:54 AM   #729
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKayCarthik
I have a few questions about this chassis.

-is it now a national class in north america for tcs?
-what tamiys hop ups are available for the car?
-im assuming type a's medium narrow are better than the painted body kit supplied slicks?
-if I run medium narrows with the courage body will I need offset wheels? if so how much?
-which parts tend to break easy, i want to order sprares with my chassis
-any place online where I can get chassis and parts for cheap. Im thinking of ordering from rcmodel.com.hk
-has anyone ordered from shopping.rcmodel.com.hk? did you get charged brokerage fees or taxes? (im in canada)

Thanks

Carthik
To answer your questions
-We are assuming that 103GT will replace F201, but we are still waiting on the 07 Rules
- As far as hopups go, you really dont need alot. The aluminum motor mount is a must, and the Special damper is nice for tuning. I have 2 chassis, one set up with the stock FRP , and the other with the carbon lower deck. I have not run the FRP chassis yet, but hope to this week.
- The guys I have talked to that ran the"kit" tires, which are the old 26mm super slicks have said they worked decent, but Type A's will be better.
- I believe that the kit comes with +2 offset rims, I would stick with those.
-With a full body, damage should be less than in the F1 days, which was pretty minimal to begin with. I would probably have a spare gearbox housing on hand, and maybe a spare pair of front axles and uprights.
- I just ordered from rcmodel.com.hk. They are pretty good, but they dont have a good way of showing in stock inventory, and they will take your money and then tell you that stuff is out of stock. That said, they are easy to deal with, and they will try and work with you to get what you need. Speedtech is another good source of stuff for these cars.
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 10:05 PM   #730
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
To answer your questions
-We are assuming that 103GT will replace F201, but we are still waiting on the 07 Rules
- As far as hopups go, you really dont need alot. The aluminum motor mount is a must, and the Special damper is nice for tuning. I have 2 chassis, one set up with the stock FRP , and the other with the carbon lower deck. I have not run the FRP chassis yet, but hope to this week.
- The guys I have talked to that ran the"kit" tires, which are the old 26mm super slicks have said they worked decent, but Type A's will be better.
- I believe that the kit comes with +2 offset rims, I would stick with those.
-With a full body, damage should be less than in the F1 days, which was pretty minimal to begin with. I would probably have a spare gearbox housing on hand, and maybe a spare pair of front axles and uprights.
- I just ordered from rcmodel.com.hk. They are pretty good, but they dont have a good way of showing in stock inventory, and they will take your money and then tell you that stuff is out of stock. That said, they are easy to deal with, and they will try and work with you to get what you need. Speedtech is another good source of stuff for these cars.
Thanks for those answers I needed BP. Here in Canada F103gt is a class, and it is in the US too, so Im assuming there would be a North american finals atleast for the class. And you were right, there is no more f201 class in Canada this year.

Some more questions:

-Can anyone Verify the offset of wheels in the kit?
-But I will be running medium narrows, not 26mm, does that affect the offset?
-Which tires are wider, medium narrow or 26mm? rcmodel only has medium narrow type A's. Any reason why I should stick to 26mm?
-I need help selecting an insert for my type A's, my tcs events this year 4 will be outdoor and 2 indoor
-Does the courage finished body kit come with inserts? if so, what type?
-I will be ordering one spare gearbox and spare front parts, anyone have any experience with other parts that brake/broke and reccomend them?
-I am also planning on purchasing this spur gear set so I can play with the gear settings, will I need additional pinions?

http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_i...oducts_id=7978

Thanks for all the help.

Carthik
Old 01-09-2007, 10:26 PM   #731
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to tamiyarcracer

Quote:
Thanks for those answers I needed BP. Here in Canada F103gt is a class, and it is in the US too, so Im assuming there would be a North american finals atleast for the class. And you were right, there is no more f201 class in Canada this year.

Some more questions:

-Can anyone Verify the offset of wheels in the kit?
-But I will be running medium narrows, not 26mm, does that affect the offset?
-Which tires are wider, medium narrow or 26mm? rcmodel only has medium narrow type A's. Any reason why I should stick to 26mm?
-I need help selecting an insert for my type A's, my tcs events this year 4 will be outdoor and 2 indoor
-Does the courage finished body kit come with inserts? if so, what type?
-I will be ordering one spare gearbox and spare front parts, anyone have any experience with other parts that brake/broke and reccomend them?
-I am also planning on purchasing this spur gear set so I can play with the gear settings, will I need additional pinions?

http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_i...oducts_id=7978

Thanks for all the help.

Carthik
Wheels in the kit are 2mm offset, 26mm
Should come with a soft strip foam insert.
Get all the pinions you can. they are all Tamiya .04 module.
As for the 26mm tires, they are wider. If there is a gearing restriction, then they will give you a rollout advantage, over someone using 24mm medium narrow tires.
get the motor mount too.
tamiyarcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 10:37 PM   #732
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
Wheels in the kit are 2mm offset, 26mm
Should come with a soft strip foam insert.
Get all the pinions you can. they are all Tamiya .04 module.
As for the 26mm tires, they are wider. If there is a gearing restriction, then they will give you a rollout advantage, over someone using 24mm medium narrow tires.
get the motor mount too.
I plan on getting all the upgrades that tamiya makes for the chassis since there arent much, and when they release a new one I can keep my car updated and it wont cost me much later. Does rcmodel have 26mm type a's? I found some 26mm wheels but they have no offset, here is a link:

http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_i...oducts_id=8330

can I use those tamiya aluminum andonized spacers on the hexes to give me the offset? does offset +2 basically mean +2mm per wheel?

As for the pinions, I dont know what type (tooth number) the upgraded gears I linked above work with? anyone know?

Thanks

Carthik
Old 01-10-2007, 12:27 AM   #733
Tech Adept

guys once again need your help while I'm ordering my chassis

First off, what pinions is this chassis compatible with?, I know 0.4 type but they range from 20t to 52t, I will be using an aluminum motor mount.

Also, anyone know the tamiya part number for +2 offset 26mm wheels? I prefer dish but if that doesnt exist any other kind or stock kit ones will do.

Thanks,

Carthik
Old 01-10-2007, 12:54 AM   #734
Tech Master

Quote:
guys once again need your help while I'm ordering my chassis

First off, what pinions is this chassis compatible with?, I know 0.4 type but they range from 20t to 52t, I will be using an aluminum motor mount.

Also, anyone know the tamiya part number for +2 offset 26mm wheels? I prefer dish but if that doesnt exist any other kind or stock kit ones will do.

Thanks,

Carthik
AS for pinion, you can get 20-26 teeth.Also depending on what motor you'll be running.

As for the part no. for the rims, you can check it out from tamiya's website.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:59 AM   #735
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.C
AS for pinion, you can get 20-26 teeth.Also depending on what motor you'll be running.

As for the part no. for the rims, you can check it out from tamiya's website.
So the chassis can only support pinions 20-26t? I will be running silver can. I checked tamiya's site, I cant find +2 offset 26mm rims.

Carthik