R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-15-2006, 02:39 PM   #601
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack

MrBlack

pulled the trigger... (see you guys out there soon)
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya Direct Drive Touring Car-img_3511.jpg  
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:59 PM   #602
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by over gear
whoa!! nice! where did u get those decals?? me want
The Redbull decals are from the Tamiya Redbull Audi TT kit. Also, the Redbull "bull" sticker that came with the decal set was almost too large and had a "DTM" number rectangle on it, so I ended up using a Redbull decal from an AMS decal sheet that my brother graciously let me have. There are all kinds of cool schemes that could be done and I look forward to doing another one as they are a lot of fun. I hope this helps.
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:25 AM   #603
Tech Apprentice

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Here is another F103GT with a few decals from the Courage and some from the '99 Audi R8R.
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya Direct Drive Touring Car-audi_courage_ty.jpg  
Tyree Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:43 AM   #604
AWK
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Is there anyone in the SoCal area or otherwise who might be interested in painting up a body for me when I am able to get the body? I have an idea based on a real car, the decal sheet needed, and plenty of reference. The only things I am missing are the bodyset.....and the ability to do it myself, so I am hoping somone oculd help me out.

Does anyone know the part number for needed to get the Courage to work with the F103GT kit?

Last edited by AWK; 11-16-2006 at 01:26 AM.
AWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:57 AM   #605
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyree Phillips
Here is another F103GT with a few decals from the Courage and some from the '99 Audi R8R.
Okay... This one puts me over the edge. HOW COOL IS IT TO SEE LEMANS IN RC!!!!! This makes me feel like I have an old boring Advan Courage body that I spent oh, 10 seconds on. These, all of these painted bodies look fantastic. I love scale r/c.

I'm off the ceiling now...

Are you guys in SoCal racing the F103GT or is it Saturday track day at Tamiya?

Does Speedmind have decals or is that a white-wall tire? The tires look very cool.
slcf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:08 AM   #606
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

if i remember right, those are wheels that speedmind sells, with the white rim. they have a lot of colors, combined with white or chrome rim, i think... looks nice!

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:50 AM   #607
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyree Phillips
Wow! Looks sweet. Now I'm really kicking myself for not masking off the light buckets (errr yeah it's for weight savings).

Good news, I heard that there is another shipment of bodies arriving very shortly (or maybe their already here)
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:03 AM   #608
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjack
MrBlack

pulled the trigger... (see you guys out there soon)
Interesting 540 motor you have there?

"Racing is about the journey not the destination if it wasn't it would simply be called Arriving"

"The solution is people need to spend more of their efforts on promoting and finding more people to race with, rather then a personal quest to form a class that they can win at."
MrBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:18 AM   #609
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcf1
So far the cars shown are being run at Tamiya on Saturday practice days.

I know there are other hot spots but The Tamiya locals are very much into the fun and scale of the hobby more so then trophy chasing.

"Racing is about the journey not the destination if it wasn't it would simply be called Arriving"

"The solution is people need to spend more of their efforts on promoting and finding more people to race with, rather then a personal quest to form a class that they can win at."
MrBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:18 AM   #610
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i'd like to point out the biggest problems with having several scale bodies to choose from, especially in a "spec" class.. ONE will always be better then the others, and that will be what everyone runs anyhow... as the fella pointed out about dale at protoform being competitive, if one body shows a competitive advantage, people will likely gravitate towards it anyhow... all of my bodies look as if they werre inspired by the wet bar of soad in my shower, but i like to go fast, and if a body offers that speed to me OR the other guy on the track, i know what i will have to run...

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:41 AM   #611
Tech Master

I wouldn't actually care if the whole field uses the Courage shell, it has good looking lines, it handles well, and it can look like other cars when done in their replica paintwork, so do we really need an alternative shell?
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:51 AM   #612
Tech Apprentice

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcf1
Okay... This one puts me over the edge. HOW COOL IS IT TO SEE LEMANS IN RC!!!!! This makes me feel like I have an old boring Advan Courage body that I spent oh, 10 seconds on. These, all of these painted bodies look fantastic. I love scale r/c.

I'm off the ceiling now...

Does Speedmind have decals or is that a white-wall tire? The tires look very cool.
Thanks for the compliment. The Speedmind wheels are black with a white rim. It is a molded wheel as you see it and it is available in many other colors. I'll use those wheels for show only!
Tyree Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:01 PM   #613
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrc
i'd like to point out the biggest problems with having several scale bodies to choose from, especially in a "spec" class..
Who said anything about a "spec" class. This is one-make racing at it's best. You can bring your shell that looks like a peice of soap but I will probably think it's the ugliest thing on the track. Seems to me everyone here who is excited about this body set for the F103GT isn't thinking about painting it ugly colors with ugly stickers. NiMO said it right. Who cares? People who race with Tamiya are into scale looks and scale racing. If you want a slot car to race with that's fine with me but you're missing the point of why we like what we see. Just having a new body set that looks exactly like the real thing is what's cool.

Plus I dare say that some of the racers posting here would be hard to beat with any other 190mm 4wd chassis on the track with a F103GT + high-downforce body like the courage with their choice of tire / motor / battery. Or maybe I'm smoking something...

I'm stoked. We are going to use this style of car for P1 racing in SLC. Use this Courage shell and stuff what ever you want underneath. A true prototype class with everyone using the same shell. How you engineer the car is up to you. You will have to run longer races up to 4 hours (until we plan something bigger) so it's not about all out speed but endurance too. It would be really cool if some of you running the GT/Courage could join us for the 4 hours of Salt Lake race in May.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:06 PM   #614
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlack
So far the cars shown are being run at Tamiya on Saturday practice days.
Nice place to run a body that you'd like to keep in good shape. How many are usually running together?
Old 11-17-2006, 12:21 AM   #615
AWK
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrc
i'd like to point out the biggest problems with having several scale bodies to choose from, especially in a "spec" class.. ONE will always be better then the others, and that will be what everyone runs anyhow... as the fella pointed out about dale at protoform being competitive, if one body shows a competitive advantage, people will likely gravitate towards it anyhow... all of my bodies look as if they werre inspired by the wet bar of soad in my shower, but i like to go fast, and if a body offers that speed to me OR the other guy on the track, i know what i will have to run...
Have you been to the TCS races lately? With the new rules for this season in GT2 especially, there were all kinds of shells being used. At Nats I saw: Skylines, Porsches, Lexus SCs, Corvettes, and Nissan Zs. Clearly most people know the Skyline is the most neutral, but people like trying other things. Even in GT1 it was a good mix of NSXs, F430s, 360s, and some Skylines.

Its more exciting to have a bunch of nice scale bodies to choose from than having a whole field of Mazda 6s running around (unless you are Dale that is..)
AWK is offline   Reply With Quote