R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-13-2006, 10:42 AM   #586
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schumacher
Will Protoform Porsche GT-1 body (for 190mm pan cars, discontinued) fit on F103GT?
It will only fit with some modification and only if you where to use the Mini wheels and tires. The TC tires and wheels are too large.

Also even with the Mini wheels you will have a little too much ride height.

"Racing is about the journey not the destination if it wasn't it would simply be called Arriving"

"The solution is people need to spend more of their efforts on promoting and finding more people to race with, rather then a personal quest to form a class that they can win at."
MrBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:48 AM   #587
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo
If it is high downforce shells you want, then Active Hobby in Japan make these 190mm shells for the F103GT

It;s a slippery slope first people begin running these and then something a little sleeker and then ...and then ...and then we start running door stops with a riduculous interpritaion of the cockpit and then magically everyone starts to complain that they look lame and suddenly the market dissapears.

If everyone values this type of racing try and keep it scale looking.

"Racing is about the journey not the destination if it wasn't it would simply be called Arriving"

"The solution is people need to spend more of their efforts on promoting and finding more people to race with, rather then a personal quest to form a class that they can win at."
Old 11-13-2006, 01:32 PM   #588
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlack
It;s a slippery slope first people begin running these and then something a little sleeker and then ...and then ...and then we start running door stops with a riduculous interpritaion of the cockpit and then magically everyone starts to complain that they look lame and suddenly the market dissapears.

Well said Mr Black. The TC bodies that are used by just about everyone in racing all look the same, be they named Mazda6, Legacy B4, or Dodge Stratus, looking nothing like the real thing, and as for DNA1, which 1:1 manufacturer makes that fer chrissake... I like my models to look like real cars, and that is where Tamiya score 100% for its accurate Touring Car and LM/GT bodies- except for the Legacy that is
peejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:44 PM   #589
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
It's a slippery slope first people begin running these and then something a little sleeker and then ...
I don't know, Cliff. Those look an awful lot like a Toyota TS02 and a Porsche to me....
Agreed that we don't want to go back to doorstop bodies, but it's nice to have some variety on the track as well. Would prefer that Tamiya provide those alternative bodies, but if this class takes off they will have to plan on supplying different decal sets at a minimum, preferably a few new molds as well.

RED DOT MOTORS- Fastest Titan 12T and silver can 540 motors in the known galaxy!
rccardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:29 PM   #590
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlack

You call them doorstops, but I think they more resemble a wedge of cheese, gotta give those Wisconson boys something they can relate to(LOL)
Seriously though, these dont look so bad, at least they resemble real racecars. I agree that Tamiya needs to step up to the plate and deliver a couple of alternatives for bodies, that is if they want the class to take off. We ran the 103GT's for the first time in Detroit last Friday and they were a huge success. We had 1 Courage and I ran my Corvette body and people were eating them up.If Tamiya doesnt get behind this class it will suffer the same fate as the 201. One other thing, take it easy on Protoform, he is trying to make a living, and I know Dale personally and he is a good guy and an absolute racing fanatic. There are alot of factors going into these bodies nowadays, the biggest one being the cost of licensing and the guidelines for submitting bodies for approval. The full size manufacturers are making it more difficult for these companies to get the product to us the racers. In talking with Dale, this is why the DNA looks the way it does, it was intentionally designed to look like nothing out there as to keep the price reasonable and provide great performance. Also Protoform didnt start the battle of the cheated greenhouse. he just followed suit to keep his product competitive.
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:22 PM   #591
Tech Addict

Yes I agree these bodies do look nice I never said they didn't however you have to admit there is nothing scale about the last 20% of the body and this is where I worry. I like these bodies and the front half on both look fantastic but the back faux wing is a movement I am afraid of first this then the shrunken green house then the funky side pods anf then we are back to slot car bodies.

I think one of the biggest draws for many of us was the scale realism in the cars and for many (mind you not all) our first cars tended to be very scale looking. Even a monster truck is scale looking as it looks like it's real world counterpart. Granted very few of us drive actual Monster truck but those that do would agree that a Savage looks like the real thing but scaled down.

I never blamed Dale or Protoform as they are a business and their business sells to racers who are looking for performance over looks or to customers wanting a body at a lower cost with top quality materials which they provide and do a great job of it. (Note the new Dodge Charger is an excelent example of a great looking scale body made by Protoform, The Stratus not so much.) Yes licensing makes a body cost more but it also makes it easier to convince somebody to get an R/C car giving us somebody else to race against. Isn't racing why many of us are here?

Without racers there is no racing.

Old 11-14-2006, 08:33 PM   #592
Tech Addict

Just got to be a little creative with some decal sheets

Last edited by gtypecanare; 09-16-2008 at 11:39 PM.
gtypecanare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:53 PM   #593
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Those are both really cool, but it would be nice if Big T gave us more to work with. If they want the class to fly they need to bring more to the party. Even the F201 had 3 different bodies, however that chassis was too complicated and too fragile for most. I ran my 103GT for the first time on Friday on the carpet here in Detroit, worked fairly well, but needs more work to be fast.
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:14 AM   #594
Tech Addict

Rumor is there will be at least one more body released sometime soon for the F-103GT. (that is all can say) I do know they have recieved better then expected attention to this car and there are other chassis manufacturers that are getting ready to jump into the fray so who knows this could get very interesting.

The Courage body is quickly becoming the favorite but there are also those that are running this chassis as a JGTCC class as well as those cars are 2WD.

Old 11-15-2006, 12:40 PM   #595
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Photoshop products?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtypecanare

Old 11-15-2006, 01:15 PM   #596
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schumacher
Photoshop products?
nope...
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 01:16 PM   #597
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtypec
Here's the Redbull scheme

nice!
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:12 PM   #598
Tech Addict

Those are the real deal if you go to Tamiya this weekend you will see them both run.

Well at least the Redbull car the Adui may still be under construction.

Those belong to Rtype and Gtype.

Old 11-15-2006, 02:22 PM   #599
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtypecanare

whoa!! nice! where did u get those decals?? me want
over gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:39 PM   #600
Tech Regular

I saw these on the tamiya website. but I couldn't find the write up on the stickers.
I do have silver and blue paint
nagatahawk is offline   Reply With Quote