R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-28-2006, 03:16 AM   #301
Tech Addict
 
Herc Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 526
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

You can't go wrong with box stock for now...
Herc Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:06 PM   #302
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 143
Send a message via Yahoo to miniman
Default

Anyone know if there is produced a foam tire/wheel combo with the +2 offset the kit-wheels has?

@ izzyracer:
Do you know where I could get the diffuser online? I haven`t found it anywhere..
Did you notice any handling difference with it?

Just built my car, stock except for a Tamiya Alu. oil shock and alu. body posts

thanks!
miniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:20 PM   #303
Tech Elite
 
izzyracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,729
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniman
Anyone know if there is produced a foam tire/wheel combo with the +2 offset the kit-wheels has?

@ izzyracer:
Do you know where I could get the diffuser online? I haven`t found it anywhere..
Did you notice any handling difference with it?

Just built my car, stock except for a Tamiya Alu. oil shock and alu. body posts

thanks!
I was just lucky to get a hold of the diffuser from an F103 enthusiast. I could not find them for sale either.
__________________
Izzy
izzyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:11 PM   #304
Tech Fanatic
 
rayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Catch me if you can!
Posts: 741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herc Driver
You can't go wrong with box stock for now...
Yup, nothing wrong with the box stock kit. The most important upgrade would be steering turnbuckles(any would do) and the alum motormount. The motor is very hot after 20 mins.
rayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:51 PM   #305
Tech Master
 
Burlap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,277
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Burlap
Default

Ran my car in a competition (well, it was a free night, no points) race last night.

It no like cold tracks or cold tyres. And unfortunately my 3700 cells pushed the battery holders at each end down, causing the car to bottom out on them too much.

Time for some more ride height and have ordered the spring set for the front end so it is a little stiffer.
Burlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 03:18 AM   #306
Tech Master
 
BrainTeased's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,342
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

hey guys how are we all?

i was wondering if anyone could help me out with a few questions before i get one

can you use normal touring car wheels and tyres, a previous post mentioned someone using take off 27's, do i need any hop ups for them to fit?

can i use side by side packs or do i have to use stick packs?

anyone got some detial pics of the chassis please?

what are some of the 12th scale looking lola bodies you can get for this chassis?

im looking for a car that can use TC wheels and the same looknig bodies as those 12ths.

cheers for any help guys
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com.au
BrainTeased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 03:21 AM   #307
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainTeased
hey guys how are we all?

i was wondering if anyone could help me out with a few questions before i get one

can you use normal touring car wheels and tyres, a previous post mentioned someone using take off 27's, do i need any hop ups for them to fit?

can i use side by side packs or do i have to use stick packs?

anyone got some detial pics of the chassis please?

what are some of the 12th scale looking lola bodies you can get for this chassis?

im looking for a car that can use TC wheels and the same looknig bodies as those 12ths.

cheers for any help guys

side by side works, but you need to direct solder your wires. using connectors will not work.

this is a 10th scale car.. so 12th scale bodies will not fit.

regular 24mm touring tires will fit with no modifications needed.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:42 AM   #308
Tech Master
 
BrainTeased's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,342
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
side by side works, but you need to direct solder your wires. using connectors will not work.

this is a 10th scale car.. so 12th scale bodies will not fit.

regular 24mm touring tires will fit with no modifications needed.
thanks for the input

in regards to bodies sorry i actually meant what are some 10th scale bodies that look like those 12th bodies that will fit on the f103GT

any detailed pics would be great
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com.au
BrainTeased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 10:31 AM   #309
Tech Regular
 
Mike Schumacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: RC Madness, CT
Posts: 278
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyracer
I was just lucky to get a hold of the diffuser from an F103 enthusiast. I could not find them for sale either.
What is the part number of the diffuser? Trying to get one...
__________________
◄◄ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ►►
Mike Schumacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 02:54 PM   #310
Tech Master
 
Burlap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,277
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Burlap
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schumacher
What is the part number of the diffuser? Trying to get one...
These guys seem to have them:

Big URL, click here

Search the page for this part number: 53151

I could get my side by side packs from my 415 to fit in the F103 ok, but the 3700s are fatter and push the battery holder end bits out a bit. And I can get the normal deans connectors on my batteries to work in the F103.
Burlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 03:00 PM   #311
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 454
Default

Hi,

I am looking for titanium turnbuckles for the F103GT. Anyone know what length I should look for?

Thanks
trf_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:24 AM   #312
Tech Master
 
BrainTeased's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,342
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

hi guys

i was wondering what spur set up the F103GT was using? is it similar to the TB-02's where you have to use specfic tamiya spurs only ?
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com.au
BrainTeased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:59 AM   #313
Tech Elite
 
izzyracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,729
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainTeased
hi guys

i was wondering what spur set up the F103GT was using? is it similar to the TB-02's where you have to use specfic tamiya spurs only ?
HPI sells 64 pitch spur gears that will fit the F103GT. It has a small ring as an adapter.
towerhobbies
has them.
__________________
Izzy
izzyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:41 AM   #314
Tech Elite
 
mtveten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,668
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

The HPI spurs with the adapter ring do not fit, I picked up the 100T version from my LHS only to find out it would not fit. The 103GT gears all have a lip on them to hold the bearing in place that missing from the HPI gear and the kit bearing does not fit in the spur. Myabe the lip is not needed and with a different size bearing it would work but is certainly not a drop in replacement.

I would suggest that those looking for gearing options order the .4 pitch spur set TAM53104 (white 93 & 104T) or TAM53900 (black 93 & 104T)

If anyone has gotten the HPI gears to work maybe they could post exactly what has to be done to make them fit.
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:51 AM   #315
Tech Addict
 
Barry White's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: HEAVEN
Posts: 720
Default

Kawada has 64 pitch gears for that car.
Barry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB Old direct drive car or sprint car mopar70 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 04-23-2008 10:30 AM
Direct Drive Diff Help/Question Rockin Johny Electric On-Road 0 04-17-2008 10:53 AM
200mm direct drive touring car Tomoyuki Electric On-Road 13 06-26-2007 12:40 PM
Direct Drive Touring Cars scoobydo Electric On-Road 35 04-25-2005 03:46 PM
1/12 direct drive cars TFR Electric On-Road 13 08-31-2001 11:34 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:04 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net