Wiki Posts
Search

Toolbox's

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R/C Anonymous
If any local wants a tool/pit box like the stainless steel box shown in that pic I have one I will give someone cheap.
it takes a little getting used to, but you can fit ALOT in the Stanley boxes, just have to be creative and be good at tetris..

hehe.

its good though.

mits
Old 03-18-2006, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes. I used mine for a couple years and it held everything except my M11 controller and cars. I had ALOT of stuff in there! All my tools, lathe, Turbo35's, power supply, Ott-Lite, discharger, oils, tires, motors, 12 battery packs, etc.
It breaks down in 3 pieces extremely easy to go in the trunk.

I live in an upstairs condo now so it isn't too practical anymore.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jamescam
Best pit box around is the Team Magic F8!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Team-Magic-11922...QQcmdZViewItem

Of course you should try to order it through your LHS first!
I think a guy that I pit by uses that. The only thing I don't like is it has cardboard for the drawers. If it's the same one he has...
Old 03-18-2006, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

I have found that the best thing for tools etc.. is a simple $10 tackle box from a hunting and fishing or harware store.
I use that and a Alex Racing carry bag that has three pull out draws that easily hold a touring car. All my stuff fits in side that and all is left is my tackle box. S
It holds 2 cars 2 chargers 2 bags of parts and other stuff, so it holds alot.
It would be pretty simple to make one aswell.
I think you can buy similar cary bags for about $50-$70usd.
Hope this helps
Old 03-19-2006, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

I have been using this box for a few weeks now! A great idea with plenty of places to put stuff!!

www.rcprobox.com
Old 03-19-2006, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

those stanley plasic boxes i got mine at Wally world for $20 new
Old 03-19-2006, 05:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M2_Driver
I have been using this box for a few weeks now! A great idea with plenty of places to put stuff!!

www.rcprobox.com
How much does something like that cost?
Old 03-19-2006, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

I use a stanley and a big red box o'crap! Just a standard open topped box that they sell at most superstores that i throw my pit towels and all those little things you have on the table when you wanna go home, just means i can be packed up quickly and away! Tidied it out today, found 11p, a set of carbon wheels for doing setup without the station, some assorted tyres, leaded weights, a motor heatsink, several shock oils, some leaves, mud and lots of numbers! Thats underneath all the useful stuff!
Old 03-19-2006, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Michael Barch
I think a guy that I pit by uses that. The only thing I don't like is it has cardboard for the drawers. If it's the same one he has...

that one has plastic boxes. ther very durable and big.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M2_Driver

www.rcprobox.com
holy crapola!

thats nice but try putting that on our pit spots...

you'd prob block out the sun too! :P
Old 03-20-2006, 06:10 AM
Tech Regular

its not any worse than those stanley boxes I see in the pits, the two halves are also seperatable, so the larger portion can stay under the table and the upper portion can stay on top if you like.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Pro Box

I also use the Pro Box. (My LHS has gotten a few) and although they are expensive (Mine was around $300+/-) they have made unpacking a thing of the past. All I have to do is leave the box next to my pit space. Unfold my towel, lay out my car and i'm done. Mine has a single plug coming out the back, so I just leave my charger and power supply hooked up during transport.

When you see this thing, the workmanship is amazing. He was behind on orders for a while, but I think he has since caught up. I know he had sold a few to guys who fly R/C planes and it has been very well received with them as well.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey Guys
I know this is not the place on this site for a manufacture to push products but I am new to this site and have not here from the admin yet and I noticed that there were some questions about our PRO BOX so I thought I would try to answer them with out standing on a soapbox.

As far as the size question.
The PRO BOX was designed to be the "snap on" of RC pit boxes it can do things that no other box on the market will do. When detached the separate part are exactly the same size as a pit bag, the type with the 3 cardboard boxes inside. Someone metioned were could you put it in there tracks pit spot? To give you a idea the pit table in the picture has 4 people at it, if those 4 people had PRO BOXES you could fit 2 more people in the same space with out a PRO BOX. Not only that, if you get the optional side work table you don't need a pit table at ALL. You can pit in a 4' by 4' spot and when the race day is over packing up will only take you 5 min because everything is permently mounted just put your car and remote in, close the doors, unplug your cord, wrap it on the built in cord reel, and roll it away.

Again this is a brand new RC product and the web site is sill being finishied it will be on this site as soon as I here back from the Admin and by the looks of this site I don't think it will be long they look like they have thing very much under a professional hand here.

Thanks for your interest in PRO BOX and if you have any other quetions please don't hesitate to email me off our site I will be more than happy to help
Rick
Old 03-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

What used to take me three trips in and out of the car, I am able to do in one trip!

THANKS PRO BOX!!

I believe it is no larger than 2 of the "fancier" pit bags made by other high end companies. This is something that you will have for a lifetime. I

It is easy to move, comes apart to fit into my car and it's craftmanship is second to none.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

>insert here<

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.