R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-21-2005, 01:45 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)
Default FACTORY TEAM TC4 (outdoor,asphalt)

i figured try a new post just for the FTTC4 on asphalt or outdoor because the TC4 thread is jampacked with stuff about TC4 to FTTC4 outdoor and indoor. so i figure if we specify indoor,outdoor,foams or rubber it would narrow it down just a bit, so u don't have to search thru 300 pages of posts.
gonzo416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 01:46 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

any setups and tips would be helpful.
gonzo416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:01 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

look on the AE setup sheet site page for the socal raceway setup (Bob Stellflue/Kirt Wenger) for prepped high bite asphalt, and use the Barry Baker nationals setup for a starting point for general outdoor asphalt. Personally i use something very similar to the BS/KW socal setup everywhere i go, including dusty outdoor parking lot events...
Old 11-22-2005, 10:16 PM   #4
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i just got a FT TC4...was wondering if you guys can give me tips on building this kit, is there anything in particular i should look out for when building this kit?

Thankz in advance
IN10CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 11:16 AM   #5
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default yep

Yep, I've been using this car for outdoor asphault for about 3 months. I love it.
I set it up with Tony Phalens setup for the camarillo, ca track. It's somewhat local and a pretty good starting guide.. only things I changed was to make sure there was dead zero toe, added one washer to the front and rear roll center links and shortened the roll center links by two holes, and i've got 1.5 and 1.75 camber front and rear. This setup with a blueprinted monster stock and new ib3800's with rp30's or cs-27's has served me very well so far.. this was used with a stratus 3.0 and a one way. I will be testing a mazda 6 with a spool in a couple days.. I'll try and let you know how it goes.

here's the link for the setup.. if that doesn't work it's on www.competitionx.com under race setups

http://www.streamload.com/tphalen/Ra...rillo-2005.pdf
billdapart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 11:18 AM   #6
Tech Regular

Default oops

Oops,

forgot, i always use trinity red dot compound as well.

oh and IN10CT.. tap all the screw holes on this kit with a 4-40 tap! i cannot say this enough, that and i would invest in a SS screw kit through speedtech or rcscrewz. the associated screws strip easy and if you don;t tap the holes it WILL happen.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:27 PM   #7
Tech Regular

haha, i keep thinking of things to say after i post.

the stock shocks that came with the kit suck. period.

i just put the vcs shock upgrade in it and it's smooth sailing since.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:32 PM   #8
J_P
Tech Addict

Stainless screws are the worst thing you can buy. They are not strong, and will break off in an impact. Just make sure you have a GOOD wrench. If you feel the need to get new screws. Titanium, or aluminum are your best bet. Do the tap. It will make things much easier.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:12 PM   #9
Tech Regular

Default well

Well that's just my opinion. I've only had a little experience with aluminum screws and they strip too easy for me. (even with good hudy drivers) I've yet to break anything from the RCscrewz SS sets. I've had them on five cars so far. Nice deep socket heads. The price of titanium has kept me away. 18.00 bucks for SS next to 100.00+ for titanium doesn't make much sense to me.. but to each his own. I'm fast enough without it, and heck.. i don;t plan on crashing much with THIS car so..
Old 11-23-2005, 09:58 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

IN10CT.

Download the revised page 5 of the manual.

With the rear diff, the manual states that the white T nut goes in the short end. This is incorrect, it goes in the long end.

Apart from that, the kits goes together well. I didn't have any hassles and for once, all the screw holes were exact.
Dadaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 10:54 PM   #11
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

IN10CT - the process is just like all the other high end tourers out on the market. take your time, and check everything while you build. make sure the arms and steering are free and have no binds. make sure all ball cups are free. when it comes time to sand the arms just a touch to loosen them up, take your time so you dont develop unecessary excess slop. take your time shimming the transmission one gear at a time, front, rear, then connect with the shaft. there really is not much "special attention" needed to build the kit, it just goes together... just the usual time and care it takes to build a quality race ready vehicle...
Old 11-23-2005, 11:44 PM   #12
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks guyz for the tips, appreciate it. Will definately take my time and care building the kit. All i have to do now is just find the free time to build the kit itself but once i do find the time and finish the kit...i know it will look great and should most of all perform great too.
IN10CT is offline   Reply With Quote