R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-07-2002, 07:26 AM   #16
Tech Apprentice

Default Maybe

I had read from another thread that it's backward compatible. I know a guy that use it with EX-I Precious.
tifosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 03:36 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Yeah I read that thread but there was some conflicting opinions, but I did some more checking, and it seems that I can use the new receiver with my 2000R....
rccarracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 07:25 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to ernestf

I have both Mars 2000 R and Mars R, and number of 297Fz and 301F, all are FM 29MHz. Finally I did some test last night, and found that Mars R (the new thing) cannot work with the old 297Fz, sometime the steering servo lost the power (you can "turn" the servo when it is fully turn), sometime two servo cannot move together ...... but it is perfectly fine with Mars 2000R (the old one).

The only things which can interchange between the old and the new Mars are : the signal module on the tx side, the crystal, and the tx batt !
ernestf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 08:53 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Good to hear....
Thanks for the confirmation.
rccarracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 05:29 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

WeatherB,

Another good place to find RX for the standard MARS is Ebay.

I have purchased MANY extra RX there. I use the MARS Limited edition and the new MARS-R. KO-PROPO took the Limited, removed the steering drop down, changed the RX and call it the MARS-R because they received so much POSITIVE feedback on the Limited Edition units. I believe there were only 2000 made (which I have two of).

I also run a JR R1 PRO that communicates fine with my KO receivers using JR crystals.

Everything I run is NITRO and I have ONE XXL that seems to hold up fine, but I have to agree with the others....KO PRO RX are the best out there.
Old 12-08-2002, 04:59 PM   #21
Tech Adept

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hdcchrome
WeatherB,

Another good place to find RX for the standard MARS is Ebay.

I have purchased MANY extra RX there. I use the MARS Limited edition and the new MARS-R. KO-PROPO took the Limited, removed the steering drop down, changed the RX and call it the MARS-R because they received so much POSITIVE feedback on the Limited Edition units. I believe there were only 2000 made (which I have two of).

I also run a JR R1 PRO that communicates fine with my KO receivers using JR crystals.

Everything I run is NITRO and I have ONE XXL that seems to hold up fine, but I have to agree with the others....KO PRO RX are the best out there.

I just purchased a 2000R (#1828/2000) a few weeks ago. So far, I really like it, but just getting used to it. How do you compare the new Mars-R to the 2000R. Is the difference very noticeable?
AGR#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 07:02 PM   #22
Tech Apprentice

AGR#7,

The 2000 and Mars R seem to be the same to me. The 2000 came with the drop down wheel.
Old 12-08-2002, 08:03 PM   #23
Tech Apprentice

AFAIK Mars R is not the same as 2000R without extension unit. They has almost the same software but the major difference is HRS. The signal come from the HRS system is twice as fast as conventional radio system. This may cause some problem with older receiver&servo and KO actually said that it will not work with 297FZ.

Honestly I can't feel the different between the Mars R HRS and normal speed Futaba 3PDF. I bought the Mars R because it was the only new MARS available to me. I might considered old Mars if I was able to find it new. This is my first FM system so I have no old receiver to worried about anyway,
Old 12-09-2002, 08:46 AM   #24
Tech Apprentice

tifosi,

I did not say it was the SAME. I said they seem to be the same

I have a new in box Mars if you would like to buy. I have run the Mars, Mars LIMITED and Mars R and do not FEEL any difference in the way they respond. They are all KICK-BUTT radios.

The LIMITED came fully loaded with extension wheel. The Mars R does not come with wheel, but does come with the same blue LED, gold tones, and 22-model memory, and the HRS.

Against the JR R1 PRO (which I also own), the standard KO Mars is more responsive and easier to use (not to mention cheaper). The thing I liked about the PRO is that it can go PCM, where the KO does not.

Anyway, this is just my two cents.

I have three KO MARS for sale if interested, one NEW and two used but perfect condition

Old 12-09-2002, 11:21 AM   #25
Tech Adept

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hdcchrome
AGR#7,

The 2000 and Mars R seem to be the same to me. The 2000 came with the drop down wheel.

Oh yes,, I really like that drop down wheel. Very comfy!! I know they claim 40% faster on the new Mars EX-1 R, but I was curious how noticeable it really was. Thanks for your input - much appreciated!

Last edited by AGR#7; 12-09-2002 at 11:24 AM.
AGR#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 12:11 PM   #26
Tech Apprentice

hi hdcchrome,

I apologize if my post offended you. I don't really mean it. My point was that they are very difference if we're talking about their receiver&signal. Does the 2000R come with the HRS signal? I don't really know about that and though the the Mars R is the first HRS system.

Thanks for your offering. I would grap it if I live in the USA
Old 12-09-2002, 12:20 PM   #27
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

AGR#7,

You bet, any time I am a true KO fan. I have two of the 2000 LIMITED with series numbers....TOOOOO COOL in my book.

I have around 20 or so cars/trucks/buggies/bikes/quads and run KO receivers in them all with NO problems.

ALL NITRO except the Kyosho bikes. I am a true fan of Kyosho too. Their Super Ten FW-04 series are a true sign of craftsmanship. I run one of them with the FOUR-stroke setup, one with the LD lay down engine, and one with the O.S. .15RX racing engine.

Anyway, enough about my toys...
Old 12-09-2002, 12:26 PM   #28
Tech Apprentice

tifosi,

I am not mad; takes more than that to make me MAD

I just wanted my point to be clear and not miss-understood, that's all.

The MarsR is the first with HRS, you are correct. The receivers I use with my LIMITED will NOT work with the Mars R...bummer.

Where do you live?
Old 12-12-2002, 08:33 AM   #29
Tech Apprentice

Talking yea

So both of us are correct . Just different point of view. I live in the same country as the current EP ISTC would champion . BTW we share the same opinion,KO is the best (for me ;-)).

see ya,
Old 12-12-2002, 09:39 AM   #30
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Cool