R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-30-2005, 11:52 AM   #571
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

47 members and 28 guests...thats a regular day on the whole board!!!!!
Old 11-30-2005, 11:52 AM   #572
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I thought the track was huge and wide open!!! It had tons of places to pass and had a kick a$$ layout!!

A long straight with a sweeper is boring, not to mention dangerous for the spectators (note: I was a spectator at the 2004 race as well and seen some cars fly off the track).

I agree that there should be a trophy presentation, however this would run the racing later into the night on Sunday. Most people just want to get-er done on Sunday and get home and sleep.

I'm just throwing this idea out there:

Run a total of 3 qualifiers, 2 on Friday and one on Saturday. The afternoon on Saturday would be the lower mains (say all mains up to and including the D-mains). On Sunday would be the C/B/A mains, with trophy presentation (hopefully a hot bikini girl could be added). This would also allow for a triple A-main set-up (1st A's, then C mains, 2nd A's then B mains, 3rd A's).

Just a thought

P.S.: Ernie & Mr Bill, please give serious thought to the hot bikini girl thing
ddesros2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:53 AM   #573
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsorguy99
Why remove a section of the track???

That track is already larger and more open than what most club racers have the opportunity to run on??

It was only a opinion so racing mains can be a bit more easier.
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:54 AM   #574
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter
47 members and 28 guests...thats a regular day on the whole board!!!!!
With all of our keyboard courage it creates a astounding audience.
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:56 AM   #575
Tech Adept

Default Keith

Understood...thanks for the comments. I will make sure this does not happen next year......
Please tell Eric if this ever happens again..to please come up and talk to me at the race...Thanks..Ernie
ErnieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:56 AM   #576
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge
With all of our keyboard courage it creates a astounding audience.

its monitor muscles...

Keyboard courage is soo 2004

lmao
Old 11-30-2005, 11:59 AM   #577
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
It was only a opinion so racing mains can be a bit more easier.

it doesn't make racing the mains easier...it makes the layout easier...it means track changes between different classes....which means more time between races...

I dunno...just doesn't make sense...
i thought that this year's layout actually tested the car's setup and ability of the driver to DRIVE as opposed to being so open it was just who had the most motor and battery...

Obviously if you have motor and Battery it still helps...but this layout overall was fantastic...

there were highspeed sections...there were technical sections...
ChrisP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 12:01 PM   #578
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsorguy99
it doesn't make racing the mains easier...it makes the layout easier...it means track changes between different classes....

I dunno...just doesn't make sense...
i thought that this year's layout actually tested the car's setup and ability of the driver to DRIVE as opposed to being so open it was just who had the most motor and battery...

Obviously if you have motor and Battery it still helps...but this layout overall was fantastic...

there were highspeed sections...there were technical sections...

i thought the layout was no good. I knew when i first walked in the door that the strait/dog legg would doom the mains. And the felt under the boards LOOKED dialed.. unfortunately, was not for me as a driver though...
Old 11-30-2005, 12:03 PM   #579
Tech Elite

Quote:
With all of our keyboard courage...
Isn't that the truth.
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 12:04 PM   #580
Tech Addict

Hmm... and with how cold the place can be since it is wintertime... there should be a couple... perky... bits!

I'm such a guy. LOL! However, I guess that would be pretty tame compared to some of the other entertainment that folks went to down there.

-Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddesros2
please give serious thought to the hot bikini girl thing
RichChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 12:05 PM   #581
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

BODY BLOW! BODY BLOW!

UPPERCUT!

KNOCKOUT!
Old 11-30-2005, 12:05 PM   #582
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
its monitor muscles...

Keyboard courage is soo 2004

lmao
XRAY's rendition has recently been upgraded...its now Typewriter Testosterone (TT2).
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 12:08 PM   #583
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evicerator
BODY BLOW! BODY BLOW!

UPPERCUT!

KNOCKOUT!
Geez, I just got all nostalgic for Punch Out! I think I even reached for the orange "KO" button.

I don't know anything about this e-courage you guys speak of, I'm sweet and respectful every second of my online existence. :-D
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 12:09 PM   #584
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Ahhh-the layout. It was awesome for qualifying, impossibly hard to marshall and a scary first three turns for the Mains. HOw many onroad layouts have two high speed left handers in them? Kudos to Terry Rott and crew for having the balls to make such a drivers track with so many different elements. I think what make the track hard was you had sections that needed to be driven 110% fully strapped and other sections that demanded patience with the throttle and a smooth line.

I loved the recessed boards with the slippery dots too!! Looked great and gave yuo a little cushion in the tight corners.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 12:09 PM   #585
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

All this conspiracy theory crap really needs to be put to rest. Decisions were made by the staff throughout the weekend, BY COMMITTEE!!! It wasn't solely up to Mr. Bill. I, as a lowly announcer, didn't have any input in the matter, and I actually prefer it that way. I do know however that the IP3800 rule, the pre-champs "wrap controversy", the scoring problems, were all handled INTERNALLY by the staff of the Champs.

I personally think that the easiest way to handle this is y making the functionality of the personal transponder the responsibility of the racer. It doesn't belong to the race staff, so how can they be responsibe for it's condition and/or performance? In hindsight I don't think ANYBODY's runs should have been adjusted the entire weekend.

This is just one reason that as a race official , I hate personal transponders. As a racer they're fantastic, but when one or three don't work out of 2 or 3 hundred at an event it's obviously not an issue with the scoring equipment. Perhaps a placement problem within the vehicle, or a power delivery issue due to heavy amp draw( it really only happened in Mod cars)? Why should scoring be responsible for this? The problem started when concessions were made the first time for a non-counting car. It never should've been done in the first place.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote