R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-28-2005, 12:14 PM   #391
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJG24
Isn't it funny that all the teardowns need to be rewound by other shops to be competitive? Brood, Putnam, Custom works....etc....
This time that was the case. Saying they "need" to be is a stretch.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 12:22 PM   #392
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

Where can we the unfortunate can watch videos from the race?

Nick

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong

Team Xray T4'17, Team Xray X10'18, TOP Racing Rebel
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 12:27 PM   #393
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer
great race but for the bumps on the track.
Was waiting for someone else to open this can of worms =)

I haven't ever run on a track nearly that bumpy. I took a video during round 4 of practice and zoomed in on a few of the berms. Just amazing how bad it really got for a while. Later that round those in the first few rows of the stands got a treat and learned just how bumpy the track was as Dumas' mod 12th scale just randomly took flight from the short chute. During the same round if you crouched down and watched the straight every mod car was actually leaving the track (all 4 wheels) passing over the bump on the inside line. Just amazing there were no fatalities
Nick-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 12:31 PM   #394
Tech Elite

Wow, What a weekend!!! I blew-out in every single run, and still had the Time of my F'n Life!!! Watching all my friends do so well and being able to announce some of it was AWESOME!!! Watching Dayger get that big race Monkey off his back in stock TC, with a pass that will long be remembered as one of the BEST in Champs history, was great. Watching the bearded wonder lay the smack down in the two masters classes, also fabulous. Watching Paulie just check out in Mod TC was pretty cool. Watching Speedmerchant Cars go 1,2 in MOD and Todd Hodge lay it down with a 'Knife for third would've been the highlight of my weekend.....

BUT MY BEST FRIEND TQ'ing AND WINNING 12TH STOCK WAS THE COOLEST THING EVER!!!

Congrats to Mikey P!!!!

I also wanna thank Latif for the wicked rip all weekend, and Jonny V for handling the bulk of the announcing chores once racing got under way.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 12:38 PM   #395
Tech Regular

Brian: Seems like some of the older guys can't see their bobbers...maybe bigger ones would be easier to see...

Hobbyman:
I'm assuming your in the US. We sent a shipment to Competition Products last week that included the #EFB-190-C brushes. Have your dealer contact them. If you are out of the US, let me know and I'll tell you who our distributor is for that country...

"Where The Fast guys Shop"
Putnam Propulsion Competition Motors and Accessories
Todd Putnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 12:43 PM   #396
Tech Regular

Cypress: Couldn't agree with you more. Pulfer's car was incredible. I wish Mike hadn't bobbled in the chicane, I would've loved to see the race between him and Dayger continue. Both stock mains had absolutely awesome racing...

"Where The Fast guys Shop"
Putnam Propulsion Competition Motors and Accessories
Todd Putnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 01:05 PM   #397
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer
great race but for the bumps on the track.
It was the same for everybody. I never heard Pritchard, Dumas or Hodge complain about the bumps......
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
Old 11-28-2005, 01:09 PM   #398
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Putnam
Cypress: Couldn't agree with you more. Pulfer's car was incredible. I wish Mike hadn't bobbled in the chicane, I would've loved to see the race between him and Dayger continue. Both stock mains had absolutely awesome racing...
Thanks Todd!! Mikey works as hard as anybody else out there. Dayger is a class act and an awesome competitor. A lot of guys in Jeff's position would just peeled Mikey, but Dayger WANTED to do it clean. The bobble sucked. Mikey told me at dinner that he really wanted the finish clean, because he really wanted that race to the line. Both stock mains were phenomenal. And congrats to you Todd, your team looked DIALLED all weekend.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:26 PM   #399
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
It was the same for everybody. I never heard Pritchard, Dumas or Hodge complain about the bumps......
The only sad thing was we (The Gate) prepared on black groove high bite for 6 months and when qualifying started-we ran on a good club race bite. I am not saying I am mad at anyone-its just a bummer that we worked so hard to maintain a black groove at our home track. I mean we probably spent a $100 in Paragon and it didnt get dobbed on our tires Ive heard a lot of theories, but the best seem to be about the wrap tires and the large diameter CRC 12th rims as well not holding much traction compound.

I too am very happy for Pulfer. I saw him in the parking lot afterwards and asked if it had sunk in yet and he said no.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 01:28 PM   #400
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhuang
The only sad thing was we (The Gate) prepared on black groove high bite for 6 months and when qualifying started-we ran on a good club race bite. I am not saying I am mad at anyone-its just a bummer that we worked so hard to maintain a black groove at our home track. I mean we probably spent a $100 in Paragon and it didnt get dobbed on our tires Ive heard a lot of theories, but the best seem to be about the wrap tires and the large diameter CRC 12th rims as well not holding much traction compound.

I too am very happy for Pulfer. I saw him in the parking lot afterwards and asked if it had sunk in yet and he said no.
I dont think the wrap tires had anything to do with it. I think it is the new style carpet that is supposed to hold up better. At least that is what I heard was different about it. Because it was NOT the same carpet our track bought last year and it was the stuff from Calandra.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 01:29 PM   #401
Tech Elite

I also forgot to Thank Jimmy Herrman for providing the most dynamic catchphrase in recent Cleveland history "The Herman" ! Jimmy did you get to keep that section of the Chicane?
Old 11-28-2005, 01:31 PM   #402
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to G Ace Send a message via Yahoo to G Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Watching Dayger get that big race Monkey off his back in stock TC, with a pass that will long be remembered as one of the BEST in Champs history, was great.
I hope somebody got all of the mains on videotape and they will be available somewhere?
G Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 01:34 PM   #403
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I dont think the wrap tires had anything to do with it. I think it is the new style carpet that is supposed to hold up better. At least that is what I heard was different about it. Because it was NOT the same carpet our track bought last year and it was the stuff from Calandra.

EA
I dunno Eric, There's alot to be said about the wrap/highroller theory. those tires have way less actual sidewall for the same rideheight and therefore hold less Paragon. I'm not knocking the tires, it just sorta makes ense IMO.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:34 PM   #404
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to Agent38

And I would like to thank Ian for just being "The Man"......... (And not taking me out TOO bad in 12th qualifying..... ) BTW, you missed some GOOD turkey gettin' deep fried in the parking lot!!!!
Agent38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 01:35 PM   #405
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent38
And I would like to thank Ian for just being "The Man"......... (And not taking me out TOO bad in 12th qualifying..... ) BTW, you missed some GOOD turkey gettin' deep fried in the parking lot!!!!
Damn, I'm sorry I missed the Turkey!!