Like Tree86Likes

Destiny RX-10S

Old 03-18-2019, 12:17 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just joined the Destiny family with the "Basic" 38T kit.

Thoughts on the kit:
  • The build process was pretty straight forward.
  • Quality of the parts feel pretty good. Xenon arms, ball studs and cups seems to be top quality but I guess we'll have to see how they wear on the track
  • Lot of flashing and molding lines on plastic parts.
  • Steering rack system is very smooth. Interested to see how the bearing and the mating surfaces holds up over time.
  • Shocks and body post was missing on my kit. Minor inconvenience, They next day-ed over the parts to my LHS.
  • Shocks feels ultra smooth. The preload adjuster with the supplied o-ring provides little to no resistance when turning. Have to look for replacements
  • The ability of changing between 3 different internal ratios with just a spool change and the option for using different lengths of front and rear belt is nice, giving it more tuning options.
  • Diff gears seems to be resin cast gears (clear). Interested to see how they hold up. It feels pretty smooth with a slight hint of notch when turning. I put 10k diff oil in it but it feels much lighter than that.
  • Kit came with full plastic front spool and drive cups....wished they would at least included metal drive cups for durability. Will upgrade to their bladed aluminum drive cups.
  • Does not even include a battery mount. Have to pay extra for it
  • Lots of side play on the drive shaft for all 4 corners. Had to add 0.3mm shim on each corner.
  • There seems to be a lot of options for the track width for the car, but I did not expect to do math to figure out the toe, nor do I need that chart with my at all times when tuning.
  • They only included 2 sets of those suspension inserts, other kits usually includes 4, 1 per each corner for more adjustments.
All in all, the quality of this kit does feel nice, cant wait to try the car on the track once I get the battery mount.

As a whole, for me, feels like a bad deal. They rope you in with an attractive price just slightly under everybody else, just to realize that you need a whole bunch of other optional parts just for it to be par with the standard kits for different brands.
dawgmeat and DavidNERODease like this.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

I'm really hoping the next kit release will be a maximum specification version on par with what Yokomo did with the BD9.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease View Post
I'm really hoping the next kit release will be a maximum specification version on par with what Yokomo did with the BD9.
They are indeed working on something along those lines. Have to remember, this is only the second touring car kit they have made. Other companies have a little more practice we will get there
Old 03-26-2019, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Canadian Nats was awesome! Tough luck for Yugo in the main - just about had it all sewn up. With the huge number of Destiny's at the Nat's, I'd like to see some setup's. The track was different from last year with new sub floor (way more awesome'r). I used my RX10-10SR for the Super Stock class and felt pretty happy just to make the D main with the level of competition this year (crazy). My car was fast but a little too hard to drive while under so much pressure all the time with such close racing.
antlockyer likes this.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Default Confirmed

Originally Posted by nicoo2k4 View Post

for M410, you can use awesomatix pre-cut
This is really awesome. I took the body out of the bag, threw it across the room and it dropped down on the posts like my chassis was sitting in Italy. 100% exact match (rear posts on backside of tower). Wheel wells were perfect. I only had to trim 1.5mm off the bottom and went racing. JP8 is next (the actual Destiny version this time though).
antlockyer likes this.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Canadian Nats was awesome! Tough luck for Yugo in the main - just about had it all sewn up. With the huge number of Destiny's at the Nat's, I'd like to see some setup's. The track was different from last year with new sub floor (way more awesome'r). I used my RX10-10SR for the Super Stock class and felt pretty happy just to make the D main with the level of competition this year (crazy). My car was fast but a little too hard to drive while under so much pressure all the time with such close racing.
My car was good for main, left much to be desired in the HP department. I will get the team to get them together
DavidNERODease likes this.
Old 03-29-2019, 03:33 AM
Tech Master

Some setups are up on petitrc
DavidNERODease and antlockyer like this.
Old 03-29-2019, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Johnny Carey View Post
Some setups are up on petitrc
Only Patrick's is working at the moment.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Only Patrick's is working at the moment.
I sent Arno a message. Seems just a bad link, if you change the url it works. Im sure it will be fixed shortly
Old 03-29-2019, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Johnny Carey View Post
I sent Arno a message. Seems just a bad link, if you change the url it works. Im sure it will be fixed shortly
I see what you mean with the URL - thanks - excited to see some setups!
Old 03-29-2019, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

I see what you mean with the URL - thanks - excited to see some setups!
they are updated
Old 03-30-2019, 09:55 PM
Suspended

After raining for 2 weekends straight I finally was able to try out the car. The first few laps was positive. It felt like the car had lots of turn in and was very stable and fast out of the corners., But that feeling quickly went away and felt like I was fighting more and more with the car. The car had off power over steer and it was really hard to drive.

Brought it back to the pits and the drivetrain felt like it was binding and wasn't smooth. From what I heard from other people who owned Destiny cars, the bearings they provide are absolute crap so I decided to check mine. On one corner, the bearing felt gritty and dry like all the grease packed in it before all just disappeared. On another corner, the hub had signs of rubbing as I can see melted plastic. I thought the wheel hex was rubbing but when i pulled it off the hex was clean, no scratches no nothing. Looked at the bearing and it the surroundings and noticed it was fully fused with the hub, the bearing got so hot from the friction and melted into the hub...all just after 1 pack of battery. I didn't have any bearing with me so I cleaned them as best as I can and oiled them with bearing oil and tried to make the best out of the rest of my day. I was running 13.5T boosted, needless to say, the front plastic cup from the spool disintegrated after a while and I was left with a 3 wheel drive car. My LHS ordered option parts from the supplier, but the guy was on holiday so he wasnt able to get them in time.

Not the ideal first day of testing.
Old 03-31-2019, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by disaster999 View Post
After raining for 2 weekends straight I finally was able to try out the car. The first few laps was positive. It felt like the car had lots of turn in and was very stable and fast out of the corners., But that feeling quickly went away and felt like I was fighting more and more with the car. The car had off power over steer and it was really hard to drive.

Brought it back to the pits and the drivetrain felt like it was binding and wasn't smooth. From what I heard from other people who owned Destiny cars, the bearings they provide are absolute crap so I decided to check mine. On one corner, the bearing felt gritty and dry like all the grease packed in it before all just disappeared. On another corner, the hub had signs of rubbing as I can see melted plastic. I thought the wheel hex was rubbing but when i pulled it off the hex was clean, no scratches no nothing. Looked at the bearing and it the surroundings and noticed it was fully fused with the hub, the bearing got so hot from the friction and melted into the hub...all just after 1 pack of battery. I didn't have any bearing with me so I cleaned them as best as I can and oiled them with bearing oil and tried to make the best out of the rest of my day. I was running 13.5T boosted, needless to say, the front plastic cup from the spool disintegrated after a while and I was left with a 3 wheel drive car. My LHS ordered option parts from the supplier, but the guy was on holiday so he wasnt able to get them in time.

Not the ideal first day of testing.
Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Usually guys in North America just change the bearings out when we get the kits. Havent heard much of this problem.

With the plastic cup for the spools, we recommend the spring steel variety. Especially with anything lower than a 17.5 motor.
Old 03-31-2019, 06:45 PM
Suspended

My LHS recently started stocking Destiny product and all the regulars customers including me (around 15 of us) all got a car, be it their latest FF or the touring. Pretty much everyone complained about the stock bearing being crap. After a thorough cleaning and liberal amounts of bearing oil, they stayed pretty smooth and free for the rest of the day.

Yeah I know the plastic spool cups wont last long, but just gotta made due with what you have now. My LHS said parts will be here this week so should be ready this weekend
Old 03-31-2019, 07:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by disaster999 View Post
My LHS recently started stocking Destiny product and all the regulars customers including me (around 15 of us) all got a car, be it their latest FF or the touring. Pretty much everyone complained about the stock bearing being crap. After a thorough cleaning and liberal amounts of bearing oil, they stayed pretty smooth and free for the rest of the day.

Yeah I know the plastic spool cups wont last long, but just gotta made due with what you have now. My LHS said parts will be here this week so should be ready this weekend
I bought the FF. The bearings were dry so after a bath in some lighter fluid and a bit of shaking around + a few drops of bearing oil, they're super smooth. Quite nice bearings after doing so IMO. I always check my bearings in a build so managed to avoid melted bearings

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service