R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-18-2005, 03:29 PM   #1
Tech Master

Angry dinball rc avoid like the bird flu!

they sell stuff on ebay:

bought and paid for a 3racing tire truer 7 days ago!
TODAY i get an email:

I'm so sorry to tell you a bad news that the manufactory have not give us stock yet :

3Racing (#HKU-2001) Automatic Tyre Truer

Would you mind wait for about 2 weeks?

it took them 7 days to figure out they were selling an item on ebay they did not even have? jesus xmas! now i get to wait 2 more weeks plus the 7 days that have gone by?

AVOID DINBALL R/C i didn't think ebay allowed sellers to sell stuff they didn't even have? horrible
UCHEATULOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 03:38 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Bird flu, lol
Attached Thumbnails
dinball rc   avoid like the bird flu!-bird-flu.jpg  
Old 11-18-2005, 03:56 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I've bought from Dinball without a problem before. Sucks what happened to you, but at least they let you know instead of leaving you wondering. Was it a decent price or no?
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 03:59 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have bought from Dinball many times off of ebay and never had an issue. I am in Canada but I get the stuff he's selling, from Hong Kong no less, in about 4 day's. I can understand your frustration and I think that this situation is not good at all but you have to remember that he's a store as well. I have ordered stuff through the LHS. They phoned to make sure the item was in stock and then sold me the part. Then I didn't get the part in the order. Talk with him and I'm sure he'll arrange reimbursement of all funds and if you want, he'll probably let you know when they do come in so you can get one then, if you want to.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 03:59 PM   #5
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCHEATULOSE
i didn't think ebay allowed sellers to sell stuff they didn't even have? horrible
They're not supposed to unless they list the item as a "pre-sell".
Old 11-18-2005, 03:59 PM   #6
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to MattW

Must admit i did also have a similar problem. I ordered 2 silver braces (via e-bay) for my AE B4 buggy. All seemed well, got e-mails saying payment was sorted etc............then nothing for a few days. I sent a few e-mails asking what was happening and finally got a reply that they didn't have any. Then they said they had one and i could either wait or have something else. I went with something else, and i must admit it did all arrive within a reasonable time. Like you though, i wasn't happy that there were selling stuff they didn't actually have
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 04:15 PM   #7
Tech Regular

Ordered form them before and there great. At least they replied which is mroe than Ive heard happen from a certain rcmodel.com.hk
thecrow2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 06:07 PM   #8
Tech Regular

i know how u feel man. waiting weeks on end for a product is not acceptable. soon it will be xmas, and u may not even get it till the new year. i got a product that came Dead on Arrival... and now i have to waste time on dealing with warranty issues when there was a manufacturing fault. So you know how i may feel

though rcmart has been good with all the orders i made with them.

try rc-champ next time, he tells you if something is in stock or not, if its not in stock he normally gets it within 2 days!
Doomah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 06:09 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid
They're not supposed to unless they list the item as a "pre-sell".
It should be out in 2 weeks! LOL Gotcha!!!!!!

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 01:11 AM   #10
Tech Adept

At least you're getting a reply from them to tell you that it is out of stock.

It seems like a growing trend that Hong Kong sellers don't even bother to let you know about out of stock items and send out partially filled orders regardless of whether the order has been paid in full. I'm currently trying to chase down some missing parts from my last order and my emails are being ignored and the lady on the end of the customer phone line is trained to say "I'm new staff here - I can't help you as I don't know the part numbers, the boss won't be here till tommorow, please call back then."

I'll have to name the shop involved in another thread...

RCMart has been good to me, it's one of the better shops in Hong Kong in my opinion.
Phenochilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 01:30 AM   #11
EG1
Tech Regular

All you can really do is research the sellers on various forums and go with the sellers that get the best feedback.

It does suck waiting, I ordered from hobbyguyrc who people backed as having good prices and fast shipping...but now I'm waiting on this last order, even my Tower order was here in 10 days. I have a STS 28 that I'm just about to start tuning but my clutch isn't here. doh!
EG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 07:32 AM   #12
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

I have ordered a few fard-to-find pieces from rcmart.com (Dinball) before and have never encountered a problem. Considering the location, I always expected a LONG wait but usually got my items faster than some in the US.

However, I do try to make it a practice to not purchase from online Asian "hobby shops" and resellers because of what they are doing with pricing and competition with American hobby shops and companies. I won't get into it here, but there are quite a few trade practices that aren't necessarily very ethical going on. Unless I have no other options, I usually stay away from the Hong Kong and other Asian location eBay sellers.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 09:22 AM   #13
Tech Champion

Dinball have their own website for selling rc related stuffs.

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/default.php?language=en

Why you buy from ebay ? Maybe that's why you got ripped off.

Dinball Minizone is as gold as Tower Hobbies.

Here is true story about Dinball :

Oneday I asked my mom to buy futaba receiver pcm from Julie Leung / Dinball while she is in HongKong for holidays. The receiver I want ( 75.790MHz ) is out of stock. Julie gave me 75.790 crystal free of charge.

So when my mom go to HK again, I asked my mom to buy futaba receiver again, and the strory is repeated again. She gave me free of charge 75.790 crystal. Great service !!

Last edited by asw7576; 11-19-2005 at 09:33 AM.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote