Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
LaTrax 1/18th Rally Car RTR >

LaTrax 1/18th Rally Car RTR

LaTrax 1/18th Rally Car RTR

Old 01-12-2016, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default LaTrax 1/18th Rally Car RTR

I was thinking these could be a great entry/novice/kids class to get someone off the street involved in the hobby for only $109-119 with everything needed being included (except transponder).

Have any tracks had any experience with these?

I was curious on the reliability and durability. What's the run-time on a fully charged pack and will the 2a charger charge fast enough in between rounds? 1200mah pack @ 2A should charge from completely dead in 45min unless my math is off, just not sure how much the motor draws in a 5 or 6min run.

Also having some available for rent to get a radio in someone's hands would be great to get them hooked.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by nwagner
I was thinking these could be a great entry/novice/kids class to get someone off the street involved in the hobby for only $109-119 with everything needed being included (except transponder).

Have any tracks had any experience with these?

I was curious on the reliability and durability. What's the run-time on a fully charged pack and will the 2a charger charge fast enough in between rounds? 1200mah pack @ 2A should charge from completely dead in 45min unless my math is off, just not sure how much the motor draws in a 5 or 6min run.

Also having some available for rent to get a radio in someone's hands would be great to get them hooked.
My local track looked into it and the cars just do not handle well enough. The stock tires are garbage and they are proprietary so the LHS ditched the idea of that as a spec class.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DMALMAD
My local track looked into it and the cars just do not handle well enough. The stock tires are garbage and they are proprietary so the LHS ditched the idea of that as a spec class.
What do you mean by not handling well, do they traction roll? Do the slicks wear out quickly?

Did anyone try the 50% power mode on the esc?
Old 01-13-2016, 12:48 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I don't have the rally, but I do have the Teton. Basically same vehicle. It's ok. Actually drives good. We run 1/18 scale parking lots races. Just for fun. Mostly Dromida, few LaTrax. Couple guys like the rally but most prefer the Dromida vehicles.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

They handle well on carpet, 386 rc raceway in South Daytona, FL uses them , experienced and new racers alike are enjoying them ...... google the track and check out the facebook page ....... they have Mini-Monday that is just these rally cars and get 10-20 racers ....... the slicks need some super glue on the the rim, i.e. like dirt cars ....... they run them box stock and have a blast
Old 09-26-2018, 04:54 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Has anyone found any asylum way to adjust the steering travel without installing a new radio system?