R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-17-2017, 11:28 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Does anyone have s good starting setup for the Aliso track? Since the locking diff is now allowed for 3017, is it preffered than putting a 500k lube in the front diff?
sipaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:28 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Motor timing

Not sure if we will be using the same motor for 2018(I hope we do). I noticed you can crank the timing past the 50 mark. Is that allowed? I noticed that although this is a spec motor class there was still some huge differences in top speed on the straights. I set the motor to the 50 mark for this year's TCS race. For future reference I'd like to know what is allowed. There was no motor timing called out in the rules so maybe it's OK to crank it up past the marks.
76jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 10:06 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Despite living in North Carolina, I'm hoping to compete in the GT Pro Spec class in 2018. Any idea when the rules are usually released? I am assuming that this class will be run in the 2018 series as well. I'm hoping that I won't have to go to Ohio or Illinois to compete, but will if necessary. :-)

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 11:15 AM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutDriver View Post
Despite living in North Carolina, I'm hoping to compete in the GT Pro Spec class in 2018. Any idea when the rules are usually released? I am assuming that this class will be run in the 2018 series as well. I'm hoping that I won't have to go to Ohio or Illinois to compete, but will if necessary. :-)
The rule can be found here: https://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/rules.php#.WezRmUyZOqA

you can click on the "click here for file" button and read the pdf files.
They will update the rule every year but I expect prospec to stay the same other than the spec tires for 2018.

Experience says just buy a tt02r kit and the steering upgrades for durability and you will be ready for the class.
tobyzhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 01:52 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Those rules have been wiped (or my computer is having problems).

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gt pro spec, tamiya