CEFX C12

Old 11-14-2005, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default CEFX C12

Anyone have any setup tips, suggestions or quirks they can lend on the C12? Also, with Josh having an awful lot on his plate right now, does anyone know who has any of the original LMP bodies for sale? Evey place I knew of is out of stock on CEFX parts and bodies.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i have been running the car for a year or so....i too have found most places are out of parts...kt hobbies has the most......as for setup the car is pretty straight forward....i have recently been messing with caster in the front, cnat tell if it is better or worse.....the new things josh has planned are very cool, i cant wait to get the parts....
Old 11-14-2005, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Apex,

Call Ron up at R/C Plus, link in my sig. I saw quite a few CEFX parts on the 1/12th wall on Saturday. Ron and one of our fast guys actually ran the C12 last winter.

Dom
Old 11-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Anyone know what Josh's plans are with the Trinity/Dieter-esque front end he was running at Las Vegas? I prefer that style front end, and I'm hoping it is available as a running option for existing cars, as I'd go to it in a heartbeat.

doug
Old 11-14-2005, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

I figured I'd post pics of my car as it waits for electronics, while we're getting this thread rolling (the forums at cefx.net seem to be quite dead)...

Last edited by squarehead; 11-29-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The car looks good. The only things I can offer is that in the tubes I ran 80wt Losi shock oil and with the flex plate, I set the car on my stand with the front tires off the ground and tightened the screws in the plate untill they touched the arm, then went another 1/4 turn. Then I set the camber. After the camber is set I loosen the screws in the flex plate and reset them. You will also notice that after a run you will have to tighted them untill the flex plate "takes a set". After that I haven't touched the front end.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

As far as the new front end, he is still playing around with the geometry. Untill he is happy with that (who know's when that'll be? Sorry Josh) we will have to wait
Old 11-15-2005, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks! Mqsuish, you race with Josh locally, don't you? Have you seen the new front end in person? I'm wondering how different it is from the Reflex front end. Seems like it could be easily adapted unless there are other things preventing him from utilizing the old Trinity technology.

As for setup, what I did was set the camber with the wheels off the ground and no pressure on the spring screws. Once that was set, I adjusted the spring set screws to just touch the flex plate and apply a touch of pressure (like a t-bar screw). Then while on the ground, I adjusted the shims in the kingpin to set the ride height. A lot of work, but I think everything is where it should to make it work right. I guess we'll see once I get it out on the track this weekend.

So far, so good.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Apex, you might give the flex plate screws ~1/4 turn more. I found putting a bit of preload on it helps the car be more consistant.
And yes I race with Josh. Unforchanetly (sp?) he (of course) has a couple custom parts so the trinity will not fit.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Counselor says "unfortunately"
Old 11-16-2005, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Mcsquish, have any idea how this weekends warm up race is going to be? I just picked up a C12 and wanted to run/practice this weekend.. I know he has a flyer posting racing fri-sun, didn't know if the plan is to host a 2 day race, or just race 2 days in a row. ~ Nick
Old 11-16-2005, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mcsquish
Apex, you might give the flex plate screws ~1/4 turn more. I found putting a bit of preload on it helps the car be more consistant.

Does the change in preload on the front flex plate effect the ride height? Or, is it supposed to? I may need to go back and revisit the front-end settings if it changes the ride height in the front.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

No, the preload will not change your ride height. It will just add tension to the plate.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hay, it's the camp counsler!! How are you doing? Long time, no see.

nrtv20, Thurs thru Sat will be just practice. Sunday will be racing and Monday will be practice. There should be a bunch of people there. The guys from Asso., Losi, and Xray should be there along with who knows who else.

ApexSpeed, KE4PJO is correct. The little shims on the kingpin are to adjust the ride height.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Not much just been working and um ahh working. However I think that I may be coming back to racing soon. Its been about a year and a half.

Probably gonna stop out this weekend to see the warm up. What sedan you guys been runnin?

later.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.