Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TB-Evolution III >

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Old 02-16-2003, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

hey all, just wonding if any of you guys have tamiya bodies on ya EVO's? i understand you need to drill new body post holes in the body for it to fit? do the back holes line up? i figure the front dont line up and i need to drill an extra 2. anyone delt with this?
i really wanted a tamiya body but i might have to go with proline.
anyone know a good place to order proline stuff off the net?
Old 02-16-2003, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i just ordered one from Peter Sik, off of Ebay. i dunno if the price would have been any better, but it was $315, plus, like 12 for shipping/insurance. i ordered one form my local hobby shop right after the carpet nats in WI, but it still hasnt shown up. tamiya usa says they ran smooth out, and arent expecting any for a couple more weeks. i already have the diff stuff for the front, except those pesky ouotdrives, which are also out of stock everywhere!!!
Old 02-17-2003, 12:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Red face

Is it just me or does anybody else out there think that the box on the TB EVO Series should at least "Evolve"!!! Frankly, the design is getting a bit monotonous... Can't wait to see what Tamiya changes for the EVO IV in 200x... hmmm... =)
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution III-tb-evo-box.jpg  
Old 02-17-2003, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

not only has the box not changed, but look at the sticker sheet that is included. talk about planning for the future...

peter
Old 02-17-2003, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Oh yeah, the sticker too... thanks for pointing that out Peter... I guess, Tamiya got at least 2 more "planned"... hehehe... # IV and V (according to the sticker sheet)!
Old 02-17-2003, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

i'm waitong for tamiya to actually play a joke on somebody some day and send them a pizza in that box.

(please. hold the anchovies)

peter
Old 02-17-2003, 12:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

actually you can rearrange the stickers to mak a lot higher numbers too lol
Old 02-17-2003, 12:58 AM
Tech Elite

i can't wait to see the EVO VIII.

peter
Old 02-17-2003, 01:06 AM
Tech Elite

so, on a more serious note... who is having good success with their EVO's.

i know that mine was great from the first pack that i put through it, and getting the car freed up was much easier than when i used to run a TC3. The associated just took so much work (you had to find gearboxes that matched up, you had to get the bearings to fir just right, you had to shim the gears just right....)

but the EVO just went together so smoothly, and all i did was removed just a little material from the gear box so that the diff and bearings would just slide in rather than snap in, install the rubber sealed bearing set with the stock grease sprayed out, and thin oil put in, and put dry lube on the gears...that's it!

it is the most amazing drive train efficiency that i have ever seen next to Josh Cyruls TC3, but i can gaurentee you that i didn't have to spend nearly the time that he did to get it to roll like that!

peter
Old 02-17-2003, 07:02 AM
Tech Adept

hey peter

Are you running a modified motor in your evo3? and if so what turn and what kind of gearing have you been running. and also are you running foams or rubber? I have only run rubber on mine so far, with a 12 turn, and geared with 96/26. The car is pretty good, but I wish it came with 2 hole pistons as well as the 3 hole. As for the one way, it handles better than I expected it to with the one way, but I think I will want the front diff, I am still unsure about which car I will run at the next tcs race, my m2 is running really strong in our local modified class with foams, and I havent tried the evo with foams yet.
Old 02-17-2003, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by GTMilenko
hey all, just wonding if any of you guys have tamiya bodies on ya EVO's? i understand you need to drill new body post holes in the body for it to fit? do the back holes line up? i figure the front dont line up and i need to drill an extra 2. anyone delt with this?
i really wanted a tamiya body but i might have to go with proline.
anyone know a good place to order proline stuff off the net?
anyone? or are ya all racing with no bodies?
Old 02-17-2003, 01:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well, if you're going to mount the lightweight altezza (I use it) then the holes should align just fine with the wheels. on other bodies like the stratus 2.0 the dimples will be off, just align the wheels on center and mark the body post holes before you paint.
I made the mistake of assuming that it had the same specs as my evo2 and used my evo2 to mark holes and everything for my new body...unfortunately the wheel base is different. :P well, maybe if I setup my evo3 just like my evo2...then it'd probably fit just right.
Old 02-17-2003, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

mark-

i have currently been running 19 turn class with my EVO III, due to the huge popularity of this class at my home track. my first race with the car i TQed the class by five seconds over other local fast guys with a 19t that i bought out of the case that day.

i have not run a modified motor through the car yet but im sure that it will nothing short of excellent.

as far as setting the car up for foams... i would just take the set-up that you are currently running on your 414m and get as close to it as you can on the EVO III. at the recent 2003 Puyallup Hobby Expo race here in Washington where i live, dan garber and myself where running almost the same set-up on both of our cars.(he was running the EVO III, and i was running the 414mII) the only things that were different in our set-ups were the things that were specific to the paticular chassis.

both cars were dialed, dan won the 19turn class, and i finished 7th in the open mod a-main.

happy racing.

peter
Old 02-17-2003, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Aluma
well, if you're going to mount the lightweight altezza (I use it) then the holes should align just fine with the wheels. on other bodies like the stratus 2.0 the dimples will be off, just align the wheels on center and mark the body post holes before you paint.
I made the mistake of assuming that it had the same specs as my evo2 and used my evo2 to mark holes and everything for my new body...unfortunately the wheel base is different. :P well, maybe if I setup my evo3 just like my evo2...then it'd probably fit just right.
is that the proline altezza Aluma ? thanks for the info.
and any chance of a pic altezz evo?
Old 02-17-2003, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi guys..
i just sold off my car.now looking at the evo III...
anyways i heard there are niggling problems with it..is it true?anything that cant be fixed?
who would recommend this car over anything else?
and lastly...if i do buy it,what spares should i buy in advance cos i'll be ordering them ..no local support
thanks a bunch

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.