Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up

perfect!

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 08:47 PM   #707
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Tamiya shock oils are numbered 400, 500, 600 etc...

so does 400 = 40wt, 500 = 50wt etc?

thx
Old 02-05-2003, 01:32 AM   #708
R/C Tech Founder

Couple more questions:

I have some play in my spur gear; it seems to move back and forth on the shaft about 1mm or so. Is this normal? I would think not. The car seems to operate fine with it like this, but it still is worrying me.

On the bevel gear issue with the front one-way: how does one know when this gear is going bad (other than physical inspection)?

I also took out the battery mounts on the car and went to directly strapping the batteries in with tape. My GP 3300s would not fit between the battery mounts at all. With an XXtra receiver, GT7 speed control and Futaba 9550 servo, everything is a very, very tight fit.

Even with old, cruddy tires and no set up to speak of, the car did OK tonight. Tonight wasn't a race night, so I opened up the track and spent about 3 hours playing around with the settings and taking laps with the car by myself. It definitely has the off-the-mark pull that the TC3 has, and handles quite nicely. I will do some more testing once I get my spring set and a new body mounted.
Old 02-05-2003, 02:50 AM   #709
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
Couple more questions:

I have some play in my spur gear; it seems to move back and forth on the shaft about 1mm or so. Is this normal? I would think not. The car seems to operate fine with it like this, but it still is worrying me.

On the bevel gear issue with the front one-way: how does one know when this gear is going bad (other than physical inspection)?

I also took out the battery mounts on the car and went to directly strapping the batteries in with tape. My GP 3300s would not fit between the battery mounts at all. With an XXtra receiver, GT7 speed control and Futaba 9550 servo, everything is a very, very tight fit.

Even with old, cruddy tires and no set up to speak of, the car did OK tonight. Tonight wasn't a race night, so I opened up the track and spent about 3 hours playing around with the settings and taking laps with the car by myself. It definitely has the off-the-mark pull that the TC3 has, and handles quite nicely. I will do some more testing once I get my spring set and a new body mounted.
a few answers:

1. the movment back and forth on the shaft about 1mm or so is normal and ok

2. you can use the supplied tamiya batt brace providing you file away some material off the "J2" plastic parts (see pics below): my GP3300'S and Sanyo 3300's fit. I still use some tape to prevent cell exit!

Old 02-05-2003, 03:42 AM   #710
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Black-Knight

You dont need to use tape. What I did was attach two ball cups throught the two holes on the left side of the chassis where the side brace for stickk pack batteries should go. Just use the stock screws. Works fine.

Jedi
jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 03:47 AM   #711
Tech Champion

Default Re: Black-Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by jedi
You dont need to use tape. What I did was attach two ball cups throught the two holes on the left side of the chassis where the side brace for stickk pack batteries should go. Just use the stock screws. Works fine.

Jedi

ahhh! i was wondering what i could attach via those holes!...

good work! thanks
Old 02-05-2003, 04:46 AM   #712
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I did that mod to uncles car on friday night at the hill, after the batteries ejected on the first lap, i cut up an old xxx wing mount, that has two small plastic mounds with a screw hole in the base. cells no more ejected
Old 02-05-2003, 07:08 AM   #713
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to TRF Germany

does anyone have a setup of the EVO III Cars at the YamaYama Race (1-2-3 finish) ???
TRF Germany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 09:17 AM   #714
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
Couple more questions:

1. The Spur Gear movement is normal
2. To inspect for front Bevel Gear stripping. Take of the pinion gear letting the car move freely and you will feel a tension and will not roll smoothly.
3. I found some cells have individual shrink wrap around them, making it thicker. Before assembly take out the individual shrink wrap, assemble it side by side then you can shrink wrap the whole pack again if you so desire thus will fit on the TB EVO.
I did place 2 small screws that are half shaved with a dremel tool tightened with a small nut to keep the batteries from flying, and place extra hard foams inbetween the battery and holder to keep it from moving. A friend of mine place role up electrical tape about 4mm thick between the holder and battery and appears to have more grip than my foams.
4. That is what's good with the TBEVO3. It's awesome right out of the box.
5. I will pose some new pix of my car and show some mods.
izzyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 09:51 AM   #715
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys, if you can...(not racing TCS) get some of Capriesses's stainless steel screw sets. I got one for my evo2 and for the evo3(haven't built it yet :P) I already replaced the evo2's screws and it looks sooo much nicer plus the screws grab the plastic parts better for some reason. probably shaved off a few grams too
and it comes with a bunch of extras in case any break. freaky... they even come with stainless screw rods for the bulk heads, swaybar ball mounts, droop adjuster screws and diff screws...all in a cute bag with a picture of your car. (nice touch)
Aluma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 10:26 AM   #716
Tech Adept

TRF GERMANY...Moritz i have it
Aluma, hey where can i get those screws and how many $$??? thx
TRF_SPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 01:30 PM   #717
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AQuionIV Send a message via Yahoo to AQuionIV
Default sPEC SHEETS

Hey TRF_Spain

If you have those setup sheets, I'd want a copy too if it's not too much of a bother. If you can please, just send them to [email protected].

Thanks
AQuionIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 01:34 PM   #718
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to TRF Germany

it is not a setup sheet...

here is the setup from yamayama race that TRF Spain send me.

oil 50W all around
spring asso copper front tamiya white rear
3 holes pistons
droop 1.5mm front 3mm rear
ride height 4.5mm front 5mm rear
spacers under ff=0.7mm, others 0
camber -1 all around
Sorex 24R tires ECHo inserts +additive
Atlas EB110 body
TRF Germany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 01:57 PM   #719
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

its a few pages back on this thread.... his email is [email protected] its $24 bucks or so for the set.
Aluma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 09:36 PM   #720
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to weaponx

Has anybody heard anymore about the remedy for the front oneway gear
weaponx is offline   Reply With Quote