Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TB-Evolution III >

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Old 08-18-2004, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

like HPI's... i understand that block spacer idea. i need to check and see if the (H)i(P)p(I)es blocks are the same spacing... they use some really nice spacer blocks, except that they're purple...
Old 08-18-2004, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There's a Japanese aftermarket company that makes carbon fiber spacers for the 414/Evo/415 series suspension blocks and they come in various thicknesses. I can look them up when I get home or JDM can tell us what they are...he's the one that hooked me up with em Thanks Dave.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by rtypec
There's a Japanese aftermarket company that makes carbon fiber spacers for the 414/Evo/415 series suspension blocks and they come in various thicknesses. I can look them up when I get home or JDM can tell us what they are...he's the one that hooked me up with em Thanks Dave.
Squat makes them

they are Called "Kani Shims"

and your welcome Rod
-Dave
Old 08-18-2004, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by tamiyadriver
like HPI's... i understand that block spacer idea. i need to check and see if the (H)i(P)p(I)es blocks are the same spacing... they use some really nice spacer blocks, except that they're purple...
the HPI ones are the same spacing for the F/R block so you would be able to use those spacers
-Dave
Old 08-18-2004, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thanks Dave, where can we buy them?
Old 08-18-2004, 07:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by BigDogRacing
Thanks Dave, where can we buy them?
PM me Jason
Old 08-23-2004, 06:42 AM
Tech Adept

Hey

I'm new to this thread but i've had a Surikarn Evo 3 for a fair while now.

I've pretty much got the car dialled for carpet and foam and i'm working on a setup for carpet with rubber tyres.

Just wondering how many people have stuck with Evo 3 instead of going to the Evo 4? I for one am sticking with the Evo 3, the Evo 4 lads haven't convinced me yet that it's worth buying one!!

Liam
Old 08-23-2004, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Liam_Davies
Hey

I'm new to this thread but i've had a Surikarn Evo 3 for a fair while now.

I've pretty much got the car dialled for carpet and foam and i'm working on a setup for carpet with rubber tyres.

Just wondering how many people have stuck with Evo 3 instead of going to the Evo 4? I for one am sticking with the Evo 3, the Evo 4 lads haven't convinced me yet that it's worth buying one!!

Liam

I'm with you on that, Liam. The car handles better than other shaft- driven cars I've owned, which almost put my Pro 2 (ol faithful) into early retirement! But to be honest, since I am too far away from any tracks, I haven't really seen its racing potential. I am wondering how hard, or how easily can the car be dialed.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

Gundam

I've struggled on tarmac with rubbers but that isn't my specialty. I can get a raceable setup but not a really good setup if you know what I mean.

Indoors on carpet with foams the car is seriously quick. Even though everyone's bought their Evo 4's, my Evo 3 is still putting in quicker laps! The setup was simple, i've got it written down somewhere so i'll post it on here when i've found it.

If you need any help getting the car dialled into carpet tracks i'll be happy to help.

Liam
Old 08-23-2004, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

I have both the Evo3 SL and the Evo4 (and the 415 too). My feeling is that the Tamiya cars all have similar handling characteristics out of the box. The Evo4 does seems to be more nimble and gives more steering than either the Evo3 or the 415 though.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Liam_Davies
Gundam

I've struggled on tarmac with rubbers but that isn't my specialty. I can get a raceable setup but not a really good setup if you know what I mean.

Indoors on carpet with foams the car is seriously quick. Even though everyone's bought their Evo 4's, my Evo 3 is still putting in quicker laps! The setup was simple, i've got it written down somewhere so i'll post it on here when i've found it.

If you need any help getting the car dialled into carpet tracks i'll be happy to help.

Liam
I struggle heavily outdoor with rubber tires too...Its annoying because everyone in my area likes tarmac/rubber

I'm personally a fan of carpet Do you happen to have a rubber tire carpet setup?
Old 08-25-2004, 05:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

actually, I wouldn't mind a new chassis...evo 4 would be nice, but only cuz I've had my evo3 "normal first edition" since ...what? 2 year already? dang....I've yet to break anything, replaced the shaft cuz it looked ugly from a few pebble incursions...ummm, still have all the original gear things everyone seems to strip( yes I do crash, or get smashed by the nitro boys,...just check out my bodies...hehehehe) You really dont have to rebuild the shocks but every 2months...the seals are that good!(i do it when I see one doesn't rebound aswell as the other 3) the III has been VERY good to me! heck, I just got 3rd Amain at an event two weeks ago....The other guys were much better drivers, but they broke. I've even wondered what a surikarn edition would be like to drive, but no one down in Texas races tamiya, other than myself...wait, I think there used to be one guy in Houston...I think. LOL!!!

But whenever I feel like messing with the settings, I get a good setup really quickly. Awww heck, I'll probably be racing this thing till the carbon decomposes...hehehehe....
Old 08-25-2004, 07:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I have an EvoIII SK, but I have never run it,Their are a few guys at my local track that run them(that would be Tamiya's)And all of them said the same thing,The EvoIII just does not work that well on asphalt(with rubber tires)I dont really buy it..someone has to have a good set up for one..right
Old 08-25-2004, 07:47 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by xxxkat
I have an EvoIII SK, but I have never run it,Their are a few guys at my local track that run them(that would be Tamiya's)And all of them said the same thing,The EvoIII just does not work that well on asphalt(with rubber tires)I dont really buy it..someone has to have a good set up for one..right
Hey xxxkat I have a XXX-S G+ with ceramic bearings I could trade you for the Surikan!!!!!!! Hope that BMI Pro 4 is working for you.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I'm not sure on getting rid of it yet..I should use it at least once.. Pro4 works better than I do.. And it is way fast.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.