Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default New Oneway.

Alright.I finally put the new one way to the ultimate test and it past with flying colors.I raced carpet last night{Brutal main }and after the main I pulled the oneway out for inspection.The gears had no wear what so ever.

I must say this now,that either this oneway or maybe the penguin r/c backing plate will work.When I get the penguin r/c plate I will know then.But the Oneway from Jurgen is absolutely awsome.It was worth every penny.Some may say that buying ring gears is not a problem and replacing them is a fact of life.Well this will help 99.9 percent and maybe truely be the fix.I just couldn't bring myself to put tc3 gear conversion in,so now I really won't have to.

My buddy Jimmy Jacobsen{probably one of Tamiya's drivers with the most raw Talent} was saying that if they could fix this,this car would be perfect.Oh well,especially since he no longer runs for them .If tamiya would just step up and address this issue like the private sector has,maybe they wouldn't have so many people jumping ship with this car.I am not giving up on it.I don't have to now.Anyways,contact v12 for any info if you want Jurgen to make you one or email me for the info.By the way,If anyone needs an absolutely dialed Carpet setup on rubber tires,let me know.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Tamiya TRF Shock question

Good day,

I dont know if this has been discussed before, so I hope you guys won't mind answering my question:

The TRF shocks that comes with the Evo3 has a plastic shock collar which I would like to change to an aluminum one. Any aftermarket or compatible aluminum shock collars (w/ o-ring) you can recommend?

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-04-2003, 09:32 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Re: Tamiya TRF Shock question

Originally posted by Shark
Good day,

I dont know if this has been discussed before, so I hope you guys won't mind answering my question:

The TRF shocks that comes with the Evo3 has a plastic shock collar which I would like to change to an aluminum one. Any aftermarket or compatible aluminum shock collars (w/ o-ring) you can recommend?

Thanks in advance!
Check out the ones made by Square, they do use an o-ring.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:33 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Square makes an aluminium version.
STB-12AB blue
STB-12AR red
STB-12AT titanium colour

available at R10
Old 10-04-2003, 09:40 AM
V12
Tech Elite

So it seems the custom oneway works very good not only for me.
Sometimes I think people here at the forum donīt believe what Iīm saying regarding this oneway. I donīt know who bought this oneway since now but I know Alan from the UK and racenut are using it with the same results.

I believe the penguin r/c backing plate will work something better than the Tamiya as itīs much larger. But you will still have the design flaws of the Tamiya oneway regarding gear at the false side and gear not centered. Especially the last is a big problem.

I do know of most changes and modifications available at the moment but some of them wonīt work completely as you would like.
There are some prototype gears from Tamiya looking very similar to a Barracuda gear. I do have one but I didnīt use it as it donīt work with the custom oneway. Also I know it will break with the Tamiya oneway in a hard crash. This was also with a custommade three piece driveshaft.

There also is the Product D aluminium gear. It seems to work OK from what I have heard but it also wonīt work with the custom oneway and itīs heavier so Iīm not trying it currently. But maybe you will having troubles with the little pinion gear as the gear again wonīt be centered with the Tamiya oneway.

The Square gearboxes have a great look and Iīm using them as I donīt like the soft plastic from the original gearbox but they donīt help anything regarding the gearproblems.

In the next days I have to built another EVO3 as Iīm running two classes now and then I have to try at least the aluminium gear. But I think I will buy another custom oneway for this EVO3 also.
Old 10-04-2003, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

@racenut 123
I could need a rubber tire carpet setup : )
Can you mail it?
[email protected]

Thanks!
Old 10-04-2003, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Rubber tire carpet setup.

Front
Yellow spring{tamiya}2 hole piston 60wt
Mounted in the middle of the tower,outer on the arm.
Yellow Frnt swaybar,inner camber link position 5mm of shims under link{middle hole}
stock shims under front hinge pin carrier,none in the rear.
Steering linkage mounting on the knuckle is the farthest forward.
Fornt oneway. 1 degree of toe out.1 degree of camber.Arms spaced all the way back.

Rear
Yellow spring{tamiya}2 whole piston 50wt
Mounted on tower in 3rd whole ,outer hole on the arm.
Yellow rear swaybar.Camber link position is middle hole on the inner mounting position,no spacers under link.
B block n the rear.Wheelbase spacing for arms are 2 shims in the rea,one in front of the arm.

cs 27 front 22 rear,or sorex 28 front 24 rear.Or pit 27,20.

I prefer the cs tires bcause they are easy to mount up.
Old 10-05-2003, 04:03 AM
Tech Master

anyone got any set ups for wooden polished floor?
Old 10-05-2003, 04:28 AM
Tech Adept

Hi...

I just heard that tamiya is finaly testing a solution to the oneway gear problem. They made some gears that are a lot thicker and have are shaped, so that the carbon backing plat fits into the gear.... Steen Graversen has a pair.... But does anyone know when the tamiya people are planing on selling them?

regards
SSL
Old 10-05-2003, 04:33 AM
Tech Master

I doubt, wheter it'll fit Steens car.
He converted the whole Yok SD drivetrain into his car!
Old 10-05-2003, 04:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by izzyracer
He was talking about his TCS Nats Win. But that would be nice if you can post that over so that we can check it out.
Ok. I'll post them on my site as soon as posible, because I haven't been able to find them on teamorions site. I think they deleted them again.

My site is www.swebs.dk ,but it is nor up yet. I'm hoping it will some time today.

Or else I'll let you know.

Regards
SSL
Old 10-05-2003, 04:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by PizzaDude
I doubt, wheter it'll fit Steens car.
He converted the whole Yok SD drivetrain into his car!
No..... Not any more, he put in the original drivetrain after the CS-cup. So it will fit perfectly

Take care
SSL
Old 10-05-2003, 09:37 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpineX-SSL
Hi...

I just heard that tamiya is finaly testing a solution to the oneway gear problem. They made some gears that are a lot thicker and have are shaped, so that the carbon backing plat fits into the gear.... Steen Graversen has a pair.... But does anyone know when the tamiya people are planing on selling them?

regards
SSL
That's very good, finally rather than making custom setups, or buying aftermarket 1-ways, you can just run the car out of the box
Old 10-05-2003, 09:51 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Originally posted by SpineX-SSL
Hi...

regards
SSL
I think that should be the same prototyp gear as the one I got also. Looks much better but from what I have seen it breaks also. But thatīs not the fault of the gear but the design flaws of the oneway.
So I didnīt use it and stick with the custom oneway as this is working.

But I donīt think Steen will just use the new gear without the changes he has done to gearbox and other things he was using before.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:58 AM
Tech Addict

i find that the stock front one-way is abit heavy. maybe work on a light weight version might help alittle.

just my 2 cents

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.