Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 11:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally posted by Difuser
DB the body isn't too bad but the nose is waaaaaay out front from the car.

By the way are you going to race the past champs this year?

Rumor is Mod FWD
nope, maybe next year
Old 06-04-2003, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by TRF-Powered
Are you talking about the blue aluminum gear box for Evo3 from Sqaure?

I saw it on square's website. Did you get it through rainbowten? or other source? Please share. Thanks!
yes these are the square gearboxes, and i did get them from rainbow ten. you can see them on my car in the pics in past posts, i jus chose to get the ilver colored ones.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Reedy 8x2 motor, LRP V7.1 speedcontrol: Using 96 spur, and 34 pinion.. in everyone's opinion, who thinks I'll fry my car up before the end of a 5 minute heat?
Old 06-04-2003, 11:40 AM
Tech Addict

I don't know which will happen first. You either fry your motor or your batteries dump.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by AQuionIV
Reedy 8x2 motor, LRP V7.1 speedcontrol: Using 96 spur, and 34 pinion.. in everyone's opinion, who thinks I'll fry my car up before the end of a 5 minute heat?
Hehehe... I'll bet with that crazy HORSEPOWER... you'll bent a hinge pin or break an arm first when you slam on to the outside boards on the sweepers... ouch! Poor evo...

Just kidding!
Old 06-04-2003, 03:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

lol.. eeyan..
I'll make sure when I slam, I'll take you down with me=P.. heheh.. jk. I figured, if Rod was gonna run a Krypton 8x2, and gear it 31/96, and the guy at the Reedy Race told me that Kryptons had 2 gear down 2 to 3 teeth, I'd be fine with a 34/96 setup. Then again, I can see Rod my like going through motors a lot=)
Old 06-04-2003, 05:25 PM
Tech Addict

I think if your an incredibly smooth driver you can get away with ludricous gearing, but if you aren't as smooth and are forever getting on and off the throttle then I'm prety sure something is going to let go before the 5minutes are up.

Obviously this all depends on the track I have seen an evo with a 8x2 geared at 4:1 run extremely well around a velodrome.

Tony
Old 06-04-2003, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by defMondo
I think if your an incredibly smooth driver you can get away with ludricous gearing, but if you aren't as smooth and are forever getting on and off the throttle then I'm prety sure something is going to let go before the 5minutes are up.

Obviously this all depends on the track I have seen an evo with a 8x2 geared at 4:1 run extremely well around a velodrome.

Tony
That would not have been My Evo3 going around the velodrome would it??? Don't worry I'll be back.....
Old 06-04-2003, 09:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by itchynads
That would not have been My Evo3 going around the velodrome would it??? Don't worry I'll be back.....
Maybe..
Old 06-04-2003, 10:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by itchynads
Mine now...

damn exams...i want to race!!
Old 06-05-2003, 12:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by j0n0
Mine now...

damn exams...i want to race!!
You have NO excuses for not going fast now Jono!
Old 06-05-2003, 07:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Arrow Three questions...

I've got three questions for you guys that I need a really quick reply on if you can help me. The Icelandic nats round 2 are this comming Saturday.

1. I'm having a really hard time holding my battery pack in the car?!?! It seems like the batterybrace is barly touching the batteries and there for they aren't really holding down the pack..? Any ideas??

2. Have any of you guys changed your cars from 64 pitch gears to 48 pitch? Do I only have to buy a spurgear to do that (+ a pinion)? And if so what kind of spurgear?

3. Where do you guys fit a transpondermount? I just bought a TA04 transpondermount, and I'm not really finding a good spot for it.

Thanks a lot!! I'm all alone up here, the only Tamiya guy. So I have no back up... Help!
Old 06-05-2003, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Three questions...

Originally posted by Yokio
I've got three questions for you guys that I need a really quick reply on if you can help me. The Icelandic nats round 2 are this comming Saturday.

1. I'm having a really hard time holding my battery pack in the car?!?! It seems like the batterybrace is barly touching the batteries and there for they aren't really holding down the pack..? Any ideas??

2. Have any of you guys changed your cars from 64 pitch gears to 48 pitch? Do I only have to buy a spurgear to do that (+ a pinion)? And if so what kind of spurgear?

3. Where do you guys fit a transpondermount? I just bought a TA04 transpondermount, and I'm not really finding a good spot for it.

Thanks a lot!! I'm all alone up here, the only Tamiya guy. So I have no back up... Help!

Here are some answers :-

1 If you cut 4mm off the top of the battery posts and the screw the bolt/post in this makes the battery brace tight.

2 I still use the gears supplied with the kit, but any gear fits (Robson Kimbro etc )

3 I've made a carbon bracket that is stuck on the top of the servo

Hope this helps

Alan
Old 06-05-2003, 07:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Yokio

1.) Screw two Tamiya ball cups on to the two hole on the left side of your chassis where the battery holder for the stick cells are. Use the stockd countersunk screws. No more battery flying out in a crash.

2.) All you have to buy is the spur and pinion. I know a 72 tooth or smaller spur would fit or maybe a 74 tooth at the biggest.

3.) Just use a long body clip and mount the transponder between the two front body posts on top of the bumper. Or you could buy the associated lexan body mount and attach it to your servo via double sided tape.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Re: Three questions...

Originally posted by Yokio

1. don't use the battery tray, use strapping tpae to hold the battery in the slots.

2. this one is easy, buy yourself a 70, or 72 tooth spur (or both) and then just figure out with a calculator which pinion you should run.

3. since you are gonna be using tape to hold the battery in, cut the carbon battery strap in half, and servo tape this to the top of the servo, and use this to mount your transponder (you may have seen this done by surikarn)

peter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.