Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 11:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by mrodney
Hey peter

Those aluminum diff cases look sweet. One question is How much do they weigh in comparison to the stock plastic cases?
mark- the gear boxes seem to be about twice as heavy as the stock ones, which is ok with me becuase the last ROAR race i was at, i had to add almost 1.5 ounces of lead!!! not fun...

i have also noticed that the boxes add some stiffness to the chassis, not quite as much as the aluminum center bridge, but some where in between.

only two days until i am in sunny southern cali!!!! can't wait!!!

pete
Old 05-19-2003, 11:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Racing Bodies

Originally posted by Aluma
oh yeah, for those of you NOT running TCS, what bodies are you using...I too am sorta getting tired of the stratus 2.0

anyone try out that proline crowdpleaser yet?

I've been using HPI's Vauxhall Astra body with Tamiya's Lightweight Carbon Pattern Wingset (Hop-Up #53470). It seems to work very well. It has plenty of steering and the carbon pattern wing with adjustable rake provides plenty of downforce. It's definitely different from the rest of the crowd I race with. Not only is it refreshing to look at, but it works!

Here's a picture of the body. The bottom left is my Evo3.
Old 05-19-2003, 11:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Racing Body

Oops, forgot to attach picture ....
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution III-p4280068.jpg  
Old 05-20-2003, 12:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Dick Raper, have u sorted tyres for the UK reedy race yet? let me know as i can get some if your struggling.

Well done Mark (weekendracer) on winning the TORC thingy. I raced at west london at the weekend and qualified second, but got mullered by someone at the start. dirty xray drivers! wanted to try loads of stuff but didnt get time....guess I may be making underbodies then, will let u know when I have mark.

I have been given some advice on making a spool from the standard outdrives by reinforcing them with an ally sleeve, like the losi boys do. will let u know if, and how long it takes me to break em.

dick, your camera doesnt show the yellow on your shells very well! thanks for posting pics of my work. let me know when u r sending them shells for the reedy, should have no problem doing them in time. make sure u sort me the beer tokens though!
Old 05-20-2003, 01:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Jonny Boy
Dick Raper, have u sorted tyres for the UK reedy race yet? let me know as i can get some if your struggling.

Well done Mark (weekendracer) on winning the TORC thingy. I raced at west london at the weekend and qualified second, but got mullered by someone at the start. dirty xray drivers! wanted to try loads of stuff but didnt get time....guess I may be making underbodies then, will let u know when I have mark.

I have been given some advice on making a spool from the standard outdrives by reinforcing them with an ally sleeve, like the losi boys do. will let u know if, and how long it takes me to break em.

dick, your camera doesnt show the yellow on your shells very well! thanks for posting pics of my work. let me know when u r sending them shells for the reedy, should have no problem doing them in time. make sure u sort me the beer tokens though!
Hi john
Can you let me know when you have the underbodies ready for the EVO as I would be interested. Also where are you getting the sleeves fron for the spool. I tried on on Saturday with the std diff cups but it only lasted 3 run

Cheers

Alan Harland
Old 05-20-2003, 02:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Iris is ordering the tyres today, shud have them in a few days. I will send you a msg when i post the shells to you, shud be in a day or so. We just need Pete to get us some of the new bits! Rick
Old 05-20-2003, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Rick if it's the spools give me an address and Troy will be able to get them out to you. I know there is about 50 of them made I ran one of the steels ones last weekend and no wear at all, they fit super tight on the uni's also so it takes a run or 2 to break them in I lunched one ring gear but never noticed it until I had removed the spool. Make sure you pick up some of the Tamiya shims so you can shim the spool in. When he drew it up he allowed room to shim mesh between the crown and ring gears.
Old 05-20-2003, 09:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

I mainly want the new camber link pieces but a spool would be kool as well! I will email you my address. Thanks Rick
Old 05-20-2003, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

The links should be available soon the machine shop where they are being made is having some issues with their land lord. I am hoping when we are back from SoCal next week they will be produced .

I am hoping he can get on these as the Tamiya pieces will be coming shortly

What is your time frame Rick?

You never answered the earlier ? Are you going to be driving in Japan this year?
Old 05-20-2003, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Guys, the Evo3 is really evolving. Wait until you see the coverage from the Reedy Race with all of the new bits/pieces and prototype parts that the guys will be running.
Old 05-20-2003, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by rtypec
Guys, the Evo3 is really evolving. Wait until you see the coverage from the Reedy Race with all of the new bits/pieces and prototype parts that the guys will be running.
HA! Rod, I must say that is one cool dancing Icon. You don't dance like that do you?
Old 05-20-2003, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Izzy, I might just dance like that if I do win this weekend

Let's see how many E3's we can get into the A-main shall we?
Old 05-20-2003, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by rtypec
Hey Izzy, I might just dance like that if I do win this weekend

Let's see how many E3's we can get into the A-main shall we?
EVO 3 dominating the "A"'s, that would be something....will see!...I think I'll be there at 3am..
Old 05-20-2003, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

How has the battle of the two new shaft cars gone? How are the tamiyas doing against the new SD? I will get one of the two but just looking to do some fact finding first.

Jeff
Old 05-20-2003, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Default 19T Battle of the Shaft

I dont know how accurate this is but RBF sent me this email a while back. Here's the win tally of bunch of fast guys (excluding me) since 19T started at Socal a couple of months ago. I've added the chassis type next to the names:

FRED HUBBARD (1) TC3
TAKA (1) Tamiya Evo3
PATT T (3) Yokomo SD
DAVID (3) Barracuda R2
ROD C (3) Tamiya Evo3
COREY LEWIS (1) Losi
STEVE WEISS (1) Losi

Like I said, I don't know how accurate this is, but it gives you an idea of how the shaft cars are doing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.