Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 07:18 PM
Tech Regular

yip it get clunky but it gets clunky at about %55-60 of full steering.
Old 05-13-2003, 07:35 PM
Tech Addict

Do you have to many spacer washers in the one way outdrives?

Is that 55-60% on the radio or the actual wheels on the car?
Old 05-13-2003, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

ok, still no luck. i've rebuild all 4 cvds and put the back ones to the front, put "A" blocks all round.
it is alot more clunky at lower rpm, i've got my epa set %100 and my st d/r set to %50, and thats not much steering! and it still clunks and vibrates badly.
the out drive can wobble back and forth a bit in the gear case, could this be it?
Old 05-13-2003, 08:53 PM
Tech Addict

The outdrive should be able to slide out a little bit, not much, I have 3 shim washers on each of mine and it seems fine.

If it's to loose you could put a small black o ring inside the outdrive cup where the dogbone sits, that will stop it coming out to far, make sure it doesn't bind though.

Make sure that the 2 notches in the cdv sit completely inside the outdrive cup and don't dind as you spin and turn the will with your hands, also as the suspension is compressed because it changes the agles on the cvd relative to the outdrive.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

its seems ok at high rpm now, but still clunks at lower rpm. which is better but still no good, as i don't race at full throttle the whole race. my outdrives don't slid out at all cause its not like the one way, i have a spool(evo 3 diff, but locked).
the dust cover on the bear that goes on the pinion gear of the gear box has come off, could a gritty bearing be causing this?
Old 05-13-2003, 09:37 PM
Tech Addict

ah a spool, fair enough.

Not sure about the bearing but I doub't it would be the cause though, specially as it only happens while turning.

There is nothing wrong with the wheels, like they are not warped or anything. Does it do it with the wheels on the car.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:57 PM
Tech Regular

it only does it with the wheels on but i'm sure the wheels are fine cause there fine when pointing straight, and i've tried 3 sets of different wheels. i would be sure it had something to do with cvd's but they are fine.
Old 05-13-2003, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Try changing the crown or ring gear it would show up as you describe if you have a tooth that is bent or broken I have seen it in mine when I have nuked a 1-way ring gear and also a crown gear
Old 05-13-2003, 11:26 PM
Tech Regular

Difuser- tried that just now no luck, it only does it with wheels on so maybe do you think the bearings are worn out and can't handle the spining weight(vibration), i relube them with a very light oil about a moth ago, the oil has probibly all come out and now wearing out, the car is also not as quiet any more. i don't have anyother bearing to try in it, so let me know if u think this could cause the vibration(specially at low rpm).
i've ordered the TB EVOLUTION 3 RACING FULL DRY BEARING SET ULTIMATE from rainbow ten anybody else have these bearings?
i have been negleting my poor son all day cause i've been trying to fix this, and it is better, but still not the high performance machine its ment to be.
Old 05-13-2003, 11:30 PM
Tech Addict

Those "dry" bearings are ok and are on par with the Tamiya Blue Seal bearings after they have been cleaned and lubricated, except you don't need to do the work.

Tony
Old 05-13-2003, 11:31 PM
Tech Regular

thanx tony, do you think my current bearings could be my problem?
Old 05-13-2003, 11:36 PM
Tech Addict

It's possible, the quickest way to find out is to swap the front bearings with the rear and see if it's any better, the rear ones don't get as much of a workout.

That will prove if it's the bearings.

Tony
Old 05-14-2003, 02:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by defMondo
It's possible, the quickest way to find out is to swap the front bearings with the rear and see if it's any better, the rear ones don't get as much of a workout.

That will prove if it's the bearings.

Tony
that didn't work eithier
it only seems to do it badly when accelerating with the wheels turned from zero, or when slowing to a stop with the wheels turn.
i'm doing all this testing on the car stand by the way.
so the low down is the front wheels in my car are clunking and vibrating when going slow and turning.
Old 05-14-2003, 03:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by little*oak
alain1467,

Where about's in the UK do you race locally. I am from greatham, Cleveland, and would like to exchange views etc. with other EVOIII owners locally.

Let me know, my email is [email protected] drop me a line

Cheers
Dunno where Alain does his racing but i do most of my racing at Ashby , Mark who wrote the radio race car review does all his racing there too.

Im also doing the whole of the Torc series in the stock class which just happens to be at Ashby this sunday.
Old 05-14-2003, 03:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by weekendracer_uk
Dunno where Alain does his racing but i do most of my racing at Ashby , Mark who wrote the radio race car review does all his racing there too.

Im also doing the whole of the Torc series in the stock class which just happens to be at Ashby this sunday.

Well I race mostly at Teesside (TRCC) but also I'm doing the Tamiya Eurocup

Alan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.