Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree37Likes

BSR Racing M.RAGE mini

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 12:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Wish I could. I haven't really looked into any kind of upgrades for it. I suggest digging back through this thread. I pretty sure I remember reading about something that worked. I'll dig out the book, see if they give any info on the stock stuff. Let me check another forum, I know another owner.
Cheers for checking. I have read the tread and seen that NitroRC stock a metal diff joint cups that fits. But shipping to UK makes it 50$. Not worth it. Since the bsr is a rebrand Nanda and they are often an 'Homage'to other brands, by hope was there was the same parts by another name accessible in the UK. I was going to run. A 10t kv3900 motor , my concern is this will destroy the plastic drivetrain parts if I'm not careful. It just is a great size car and the kit looks decent. Maybe I should go with a different 1:10 if I want to put more power down...
Old 06-03-2017, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you're looking to hit those speeds, I'd get the TOP Racing Sabre 4WD Mini (if you can find one) and call it a day. Yes, it costs a lot more but 10x nicer than the MRage at all levels.

IMHO the MRage is fun for bashing around with maybe a 21T at best in a small course. I still run silver can and I think it's a good balance what the chassis can endure.
Old 06-03-2017, 07:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by sakadachi
If you're looking to hit those speeds, I'd get the TOP Racing Sabre 4WD Mini (if you can find one) and call it a day. Yes, it costs a lot more but 10x nicer than the MRage at all levels.

IMHO the MRage is fun for bashing around with maybe a 21T at best in a small course. I still run silver can and I think it's a good balance what the chassis can endure.
Cheers for the advice. I will look into it. Certainly the TOP R Sabre looks a well made car. I'm not keen on belt drive though. I'd also like to keep my whole setup under £200 to start with. I'll continue to read around it and see how it goes. I did find a vid of someone in US hitting 112mph (could have been kph, I'm suspicious) with a lightly moded m.rage haha. Slightly mad really as don't think it will last long!
Cheers
JJ
Old 06-03-2017, 08:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jj_RC
Hi, I wondered if you can help. Im interested in the m.rage, but i want to make it propper quick 60mph+ and im worried about the plastic diff gears and plastic diff joint cups.

in the uk it is hard to find the metal diff joint cups. I have been looking and noticed this part from tamiya.
Tamiya 54056 Tb-03 Aluminum Differential Joint Set Tb03 TB Evolution

is it possible these could fit?? i cant find specs on the parts so its hard to know, Im hoping someone with more experience will have an idea of alternative parts I can source in uk, before I invest in the BSR.. I like the bsr mrage because of the small size...

thanks in advance
JJ
60mph is possible - I have an MRage with steel gear diffs front and rear and steel transmission outdrives - basically a drivechain that's pretty tough! But it's not a straight forward swap.

The Top Sabre 4wd is a unicorn find at the moment - parts drying up very quickly (the metal parts).
MTS T2 mini would be a better bet if you want m-sized car. It uses the Top plastics (which IMO are CRAP)

But to go 60mph in an m-chassis car .... you're much more limited when it comes to body choice so I would really reconsider going for a normal 10th scale.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by WagwanBumba
60mph is possible - I have an MRage with steel gear diffs front and rear and steel transmission outdrives - basically a drivechain that's pretty tough! But it's not a straight forward swap.

The Top Sabre 4wd is a unicorn find at the moment - parts drying up very quickly (the metal parts).
MTS T2 mini would be a better bet if you want m-sized car. It uses the Top plastics (which IMO are CRAP)

But to go 60mph in an m-chassis car .... you're much more limited when it comes to body choice so I would really reconsider going for a normal 10th scale.
Cheers man,
I've read all the forum posts n tutorial. I'm clear on process for changing to metal out drives. I'm also clear on the metal diff input gears. One thing I'm not clear on is sourcing metal bevel gear for the diff. Do you know where I can source them in UK, or if there other other 'manufacturer diffs I can use the bevel gears from? Us online stores are too expensive for shipping...
Old 06-03-2017, 06:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Cheers man,
I've read all the forum posts n tutorial. I'm clear on process for changing to metal out drives. I'm also clear on the metal diff input gears. One thing I'm not clear on is sourcing metal bevel gear for the diff. Do you know where I can source them in UK, or if there other other 'manufacturer diffs I can use the bevel gears from? Us online stores are too expensive for shipping...
Check out m-racing.co.uk in the UK
The gear diffs don't seem to be in stock at the moment though
Old 06-05-2017, 03:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Check out m-racing.co.uk in the UK
The gear diffs don't seem to be in stock at the moment though
Thanks, website is helpful! Do you know what size pinion and spur came in the kit? I found mention of a 31t pinion. And I know internal ratio is 2.35. but I can't find details on included spur gear. On the same topic, did you change you diffs to metal geared diff, or did u find a metal bevel gear that fit the ball diff and worked with the metal input gear option?

Sorry for all the questions. The kit is in post to me now so trying to see if I have forgotten anything for the build!!

I have read the kamtec v12 bodies with 205mm wheelbase and 165 track fit fine. Some have been checked for aero so I'm hoping these are a higher speed option. Do u know if these do indeed fit?
Old 06-05-2017, 05:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

I can't remember what spur/pinion came with the car but I remember it seemed to be good for 13.5T boosted so anywhere between 5.5 and 6.5 FDR I think.

There are metal ball diff crown gears being sold by some company in Sweden or something but I can't find the link unfortunately. I wouldn't want to put ball diffs through some crazy speed either.

I changed to the metal gear diffs. They're pretty heavy! Metal gears inside the diff, metal outdrives,metal bevel and crown gears in gearbox, metal gear box transmission outdrives ... the drive chain is bullet proof.

And for a 205mm wheelbase, you should be OK - might just need to move the washers on the suspension hinge pins so that you get an even shorter wheelbase.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:12 AM
Tech Rookie

I can't remember what spur/pinion came with the car but I remember it seemed to be good for 13.5T boosted so anywhere between 5.5 and 6.5 FDR I think.

There are metal ball diff crown gears being sold by some company in Sweden or something but I can't find the link unfortunately. I wouldn't want to put ball diffs through some crazy speed either.

I changed to the metal gear diffs. They're pretty heavy! Metal gears inside the diff, metal outdrives,metal bevel and crown gears in gearbox, metal gear box transmission outdrives ... the drive chain is bullet proof.

And for a 205mm wheelbase, you should be OK - might just need to move the washers on the suspension hinge pins so that you get an even shorter wheelbase.
Awesome info!! I'll hold back on power with ball diffs then. Which metal gear diffs did you go for. From reading it seems quite a few are compatible, but again I will need to source uk/eu. I found the swedish seller.

Cheers
Old 06-05-2017, 06:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Living in Hong Kong, I have the pleasure of buying the Nanda (OEM of the MRage) parts directly from the manufacturer in China so I bought the Nanda NRX10 metal diffs
Old 06-09-2017, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Cheers for the advice. I will look into it. Certainly the TOP R Sabre looks a well made car. I'm not keen on belt drive though. I'd also like to keep my whole setup under £200 to start with. I'll continue to read around it and see how it goes. I did find a vid of someone in US hitting 112mph (could have been kph, I'm suspicious) with a lightly moded m.rage haha. Slightly mad really as don't think it will last long!
Cheers
JJ
Hey no problem, JJ.

Belt drives are fantastic. Mainly because of the motor orientation to the chassis. Much less torque steer from the motor allowing a more precise and even left to right throttle output punching out of a turn especially with these short wheel base cars.

The MRage is a fun little car no doubt. I think it is a super bargain. Everyone should have one.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by sakadachi
Hey no problem, JJ.

Belt drives are fantastic. Mainly because of the motor orientation to the chassis. Much less torque steer from the motor allowing a more precise and even left to right throttle output punching out of a turn especially with these short wheel base cars.

The MRage is a fun little car no doubt. I think it is a super bargain. Everyone should have one.
So been bashing around in my m rage after I got it all put together. Still got ball diffs for now but fitted metal out drives. So far, no sign of any wear on the gears in diff, but only out about 5/6 pack through them. Time will tell. Another £65 if I want metal diffs front and rear. The car is a rocket tho. On stock pinion and spur, 3900kv on 3s. I've had to wind back dual rate down to 50% or it's impossible to get power down. I upgraded to some full size 1/10 foam wheels today, 40sh. Had to file down battery tray mounts and limit steering end points to 90%. All fits though. Looks like a NASCAR with the body off. Much better at getting power down on asphalt now. Dialed up to 60% on DR. Only have a small parking lot to drive in so far. Straight up to 35mph in blink of an eye, but have to brake immediately. It's def good for 50mph as it stands. I need a bigger body to accommodate the bigger wheels now and a bigger space to run. I have a 40pinion so may be able to push 70mph. Car is incredibly stable, but pulls left a lot under braking. I think it is unbalanced weight to the cars right as motor/esc/servo are heavier than the 2200 lipo I'm running.

Thanks for the great advice everyone. Was a brilliant buy. You guys were right about bodies tho. Struggling to find a 170mm width 210wb. Want something aero which will fit the larger wheels!
Old 06-16-2017, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I had my M.Rage out the other day. I was having serious troubles with the car being extremely loose last Autumn, but it must have been a tire temperature problem. I installed swaybars after the first run (thicker up front, thinner in rear) and drove it again. It's much more planted now, though I can still upset the balance trying to slalom the car too quickly. Running a silver can motor and stock gearing is just right for this car.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by longuylander
I had my M.Rage out the other day. I was having serious troubles with the car being extremely loose last Autumn, but it must have been a tire temperature problem. I installed swaybars after the first run (thicker up front, thinner in rear) and drove it again. It's much more planted now, though I can still upset the balance trying to slalom the car too quickly. Running a silver can motor and stock gearing is just right for this car.
. I notice the car does vary in stability under power, seems down to tire temp. I fitted the anti roll bars as the car def needs it. Might sound obvious but make sure the bolts for the bar arnt too tight or they stop the bar from working properly and it unbalances the car. This may be obvious to everyone else but it took me a little trial and error!
Old 07-02-2017, 02:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I just pick up one. I can not wait until I get it.
JatoTheRipper likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.