R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree32Likes

Old 07-31-2017, 07:43 PM   #181
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxussr View Post
By flipping the lower rear suspension arms you can attain a 220mm wheelbase. See Ultimate RC forums.
That's about as detailed as the post on the Ultimate RC forums gets. I didn't see any mention on how to mount the shocks (or swaybar, if you use one) with the arms flipped.
gigaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 07:53 PM   #182
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
That's about as detailed as the post on the Ultimate RC forums gets. I didn't see any mention on how to mount the shocks (or swaybar, if you use one) with the arms flipped.
Try this thread. Before it was rebranded s the MRage. Bill usually is very detailed in his builds.

http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho....php?p=1936289
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:04 AM   #183
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Thanks a ton for the link BK - I've got two of these kits I need to build, and you weren't kidding, he is VERY detailed. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
Try this thread. Before it was rebranded s the MRage. Bill usually is very detailed in his builds.

Build / Review: Nanda NRX-12 <Updated 14-JUL-2014> - On-road, Drifting, & Rally Cars @ URC Forums
aracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:39 AM   #184
Tech Master

The alternate front body mount finally arrived today. I'm a bit concerned that the upper turnbuckle hits it before the suspension bottoms out (even with 55mm diameter tyres). I might need to add more spacers to move the mount higher, and drill some holes lower in the post as I'm already using the lowest hole.

Please excuse the "race proven" Cooper shell

Old 08-22-2017, 01:03 PM   #185
Tech Fanatic

Went ahead and posted the 2 M-Rage mini kits I have in the For Sale section.

Just don't have a need for them as there is nowhere to run them.
JatoTheRipper likes this.
Old 08-22-2017, 01:10 PM   #186
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aracefan View Post
Went ahead and posted the 2 M-Rage mini kits I have in the For Sale section.

Just don't have a need for them as there is nowhere to run them.
Tempting. I'm hoping I can get in on the next HobbyKing sale before they're sold out.
Leaf Spring Mafia - Member #1
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/leafspringmafia
https://www.facebook.com/LeafSpringMafia
https://www.instagram.com/LeafSpringMafia
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:34 PM   #187
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Tempting. I'm hoping I can get in on the next HobbyKing sale before they're sold out.
Make an offer... worst I'll say is no thanks. Motivated to sell though as I have a B6D coming - and am needing gear for it.
JatoTheRipper likes this.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:48 PM   #188
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
The alternate front body mount finally arrived today. I'm a bit concerned that the upper turnbuckle hits it before the suspension bottoms out (even with 55mm diameter tyres). I might need to add more spacers to move the mount higher, and drill some holes lower in the post as I'm already using the lowest hole.

Cut the carbon fiber mount ears shorter, move the screw hole rearward about 1/4" should do it.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:05 PM   #189
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorTruck View Post
Cut the carbon fiber mount ears shorter, move the screw hole rearward about 1/4" should do it.
The whole point of getting that part was to have the holes in a compatible location with the Tamiya bodies. Moving the posts would defeat the purpose.
longuylander likes this.
Old 08-28-2017, 05:30 PM   #190
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Body

What's the most aerodynamic body that fits this chassis
john holmes 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 12:44 PM   #191
Tech Rookie

Anybody running on carpet? My local track lets me run this car in the 25.5 scale GT class. Wondering what setups carpet racers are running. Currently have sway bars. Heavy in front, light in rear, Tamaya M60 tires, a spool up front, 2000 diff oil in rear, stiffer Tamaya springs, I sauce the tires before every run. It seems no matter how I adjust the suspention, the car is squirly as hell.
Spharticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 12:48 PM   #192
Tech Rookie

The paint job
MatsNorway likes this.
Spharticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:25 PM   #193
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spharticus View Post
Anybody running on carpet? My local track lets me run this car in the 25.5 scale GT class. Wondering what setups carpet racers are running. Currently have sway bars. Heavy in front, light in rear, Tamaya M60 tires, a spool up front, 2000 diff oil in rear, stiffer Tamaya springs, I sauce the tires before every run. It seems no matter how I adjust the suspention, the car is squirly as hell.
Although I don't run indoors I have been running this in practice nights with a 13.5T. It is squirly out of the box and the back end loves to come around! What helps keep it under control is running toe in on the front, front springs one or two steps firmer than rear, and 5mm ride height all around. Lean shocks all the way in F & R calms it down. Sweep tires with 40F, 33R.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:45 AM   #194
Tech Master

I took mine out for a shakedown today (outdoor asphalt track, unprepped), boy is the rear end loose with the kit setup. Rear end snapped loose every time entering the sweeper at the end of the straight (still on full power). It also spun out and did donuts when accelerating while turning left, but pushed turning right. This indicated tweak, but I checked it with my corner scales and it looked okay. Torque steer perhaps? I had to add massive preload to the rear right to get it to turn consistently both ways, which put the ride height at that corner about 1mm higher than the others (but at least it was driveable at that point).

I tried adding the swaybars (blue front, yellow rear) and it helped with the infield a bit, but I still had to slow down a bit before entering the sweeper. I laid the rear shocks down all the way, and stood the front ones up, which helped a little bit but not enough. I then tried changing tyres, I was using Team Powers 36 all round, and switched to Sweep 33 all round. Bad move, the TP36 tyres worked much better. Maybe I need to ditch the Mini Cooper body and try something with a rear wing.

When I got home I checked for binding, and both rear wheel hubs were binding a fair amount. Still haven't found a crush tube that'll fit in the hub, so I've swapped out the rear universals for some Tamiya 53597 universals and some Tamiya wheel hexes that I pulled from my M03. Now there's a tiny bit of play between the hex and the bearing, no more binding. Maybe that'll help with the handling next time. The Tamiya universals are a few mm shorter than the stock ones, but they still fit in the outdrive nicely.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:31 AM   #195
Tech Regular

Wings is really helping! slap on a big wing and most things end up much much more stable.
MatsNorway is offline   Reply With Quote