Like Tree14Likes

ARC R11

Old 02-11-2016, 06:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by uvxt View Post
I've just pulled the trigger and ordered one! Should be with me tomorrow.

Are there any build tips/things to look out for from those who have already sorted theirs? Any extra bits worth buying from the off?
Haven't built mine yet. Mine will be with me today, the previous R10 went together nice. Depending what level of traction your track is. I highly recommend the hard suspension arms. Better traction and I never broke an arm.

I'll provide feedback once I start building mine, I will be starting tonight.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NEED-MORE-SPEED View Post
Haven't built mine yet. Mine will be with me today, the previous R10 went together nice. Depending what level of traction your track is. I highly recommend the hard suspension arms. Better traction and I never broke an arm.

Thank you for your feedback. I will definitely order hard suspension arms. I started my build last night and i was very impressed. I will test the car on a carpet track this weekend. The fit and finish are awesome, even after a bd 7 2016 build.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I also started my build last night. Car is going together smoothly with no issues, other than I was missing 3 screws that hold the spur on. My buddies kit was also missing the same 3 screws. Must have had the same packager. LOL I'll post anything else I find that might be hard or easy to misunderstand once I put more of the car together.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Only fitment issue I saw during the build is that the top deck is too long and will bind up on the bulkheads. This is common with a lot of cars. I like there to be a 1-2mm gap between the ends of the top deck and the bulkheads when it's mounted into position to make sure the car can flex without binding.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tbrymer View Post
I also started my build last night. Car is going together smoothly with no issues, other than I was missing 3 screws that hold the spur on. My buddies kit was also missing the same 3 screws. Must have had the same packager. LOL I'll post anything else I find that might be hard or easy to misunderstand once I put more of the car together.
The same thing happened to me, but then I found 3 screws next to my plastic bag. I'm not sure if it drops out of the bag or not. LOL
Old 02-11-2016, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fx35rc View Post
The same thing happened to me, but then I found 3 screws next to my plastic bag. I'm not sure if it drops out of the bag or not. LOL
Definitely not my case.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NEED-MORE-SPEED View Post

Fellow noob here wondering how will hard arms provide more traction? Thanks!
Old 02-11-2016, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hard suspension won't add traction. Hard parts sharpen response and suspension action due to zero flexing. On the other hand, soft suspension will add a bit of traction. Typically the hard parts are a bit lighter than the med and softer counterparts.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Just finished up my ARC build and the finish on the car is top notch, equal with my xray. Like I already stated there were some screws missing, 3 that hold the spur on, and two that hold one of the battery retainers on. They must have been in a hurry to get them out. Ha Ha.. One other issue I had, was one of the screws holding the C-hub to the steering block didn't tighten up at all, and I'm really careful not to over tighten. I'll probably buy the hard steering blocks and hope this fixes that issue, and maybe the one I have on it will last a week or two.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just finished up my ARC build and the finish on the car is top notch, equal with my xray. Like I already stated there were some screws missing, 3 that hold the spur on, and two that hold one of the battery retainers on. They must have been in a hurry to get them out. Ha Ha.. One other issue I had, was one of the screws holding the C-hub to the steering block didn't tighten up at all, and I'm really careful not to over tighten. I'll probably buy the hard steering blocks and hope this fixes that issue, and maybe the one I have on it will last a week or two.
The front battery holder is threaded and requires no nuts.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

mine didn't have any screws in the bag either, but there is a bag full of screws later in the build and there are enough extras for the spool.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
mine didn't have any screws in the bag either, but there is a bag full of screws later in the build and there are enough extras for the spool.
There were a lot of screws left over, just the wrong ones. LOL, I was talking about he spur which requires 3x4mm, and I personally wouldn't put bigger screws on that.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jim Hustins View Post
The front battery holder is threaded and requires no nuts.
True, but it does require 3x8mm screws, which my kit didn't have. LOL. My friends kit was also missing screws, and the kits were ordered at the same time, so maybe someone had to much to drink before coming to work. Who knows. I've found some screws from other cars, so no big deal.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I believe the later kits will be more complete. In the scramble to prepare kits for release and to get the R11 in the hands of us racers, some hardware seemed to have been left out. My spur gear screws were in the bag with the spur gear and layshaft assembly, not in the screw grab bag. Makes sense since we received the upgraded front belt the first time around as I'm sure not enough rubber belts were available. I"m very happy with the kit on the bench and on track.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

I had the same problem with the C Hub screw and I was being carefull also. One of my droop screw have no hole and I am missing 2 3mm shims. LOL Other than that this car is awesome. The shocks are so similar to my BD 7 2016

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service