R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Serpent S411 Eryx 4.0 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/904474-serpent-s411-eryx-4-0-a.html)

The FastFred 02-21-2016 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by EREX_91 (Post 14400471)
looking for aluminum chassis 3.0

I have a pair and do not run carpet . One I ran oce on carpet and is in very new condition.:tire: let me know if interested.

CamLS 02-21-2016 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by The FastFred (Post 14401046)
I have a pair and do not run carpet . One I ran oce on carpet and is in very new condition.:tire: let me know if interested.

I might be interested in one of those for my eryx 2.0 Fred. I'm in Canada, so if you are willing to ship to Canada via USPS pm me the price etc. Thanks!

Byronf1 02-26-2016 03:17 PM

Does someone already tried with the carbon chassis, on asphalt, 2.25mm?
Which chassis is better, on asphalt low-mid grip...?

Andy63 02-27-2016 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Byronf1 (Post 14409031)
Does someone already tried with the carbon chassis, on asphalt, 2.25mm?
Which chassis is better, on asphalt low-mid grip...?

Standard carbon top deck and chassies is without doubt the best both indoor and outdoors so far.

Alu chassie from 3.0 seem to work well for some. But standard carbon is my choice on high grip carpet indoor and should be greater on asphalt!

Andy63 02-29-2016 02:02 AM

I have found a great setup that works great on high grip carpet! I will post it later this week at www.andrefossto.wordpress.com

I also tried the mazdaspeed 6 and it really calmed the car down alot. But as i got problems the moment i was going to try it, i didnt have a chance to really push the cars limits.

dan_vector 02-29-2016 08:58 AM

So guys. I am back from the TITC 2016 race in Thailand and what an interesting weeks racing it was! I gotta say that the 4.0 is a vast improvement over the 3.0. I knew this already but the TITC race cemented that belief.

The RC Addict track was crazy high traction and early on it was clear that you'd need to have several setup options for best performance and to avoid traction rolling in the afternoons as the traction peaked. Ask the organisers sprayed the track each morning and so the early rounds were sometimes met with a slightly damp track!

The other issue was the very poor consistency of the RIDE tyres being used in the 13.5 open brushless class which I had entered. The problems was that the construction of the wheel/insert/tyre was very poorly assembled and glued. We cut open some of the tyres and found the insert glued to the tyre in some places. Out of the 4 controlled sets I had been issued only 2 sets were actually any good!! This made qualifying very hard.

I tried many things during the week in the search of initial bite in turn in to the corner which is something the car initially lacked. The Power on exit steering (and stability) was there from the outset and was something the 3.0 really struggled with. The biggest change came when we moved the front upper link inner to the middle/forward hole with 4mm roll centre shims. This gave the turn in off power I needed. Then to gain rotating dropped the rear inner link down to 3mm (inner hole - long link).

Diff wise we ended up at 12,000cst. Anything less and the car was nervous on power and skated around the bumps. The track is getting very bumpy in places. It also helped to increase the forward drive through the flat out chicane before the main straight.

The new shocks are great! I tried a few different combinations but ended up stock at 500cst 3 hole. Shocks in hole 3 up front and rear. This seemed the best compromise. Springs were alternated between HPI blue and silver with the best feeling when the traction really increased were the silvers. I also tried ride long green but the HPi silvers seemed to be the right choice.

Camber was 2 degrees all round in the morning but by the mid afternoon when the traction increased we had to reduce to 1.5 on the front to minimise the risk of traction roll at the expense of some steering.

Standard top deck and 2.25 4.0 carbon chassis. XH arms.

The car was fantastic all week long. Qualifying was really tough with only 2 good sets of tyres especially where tyre degradation was very high. After round 1 I was 19th/109 in class which was good however as this was 3 rounds to count (point system not FTD) I struggled to maintain the times against those who had better tyres so ended up 43rd in class. A pretty decent result on the whole and I learnt a lot about the car!

spacendeman 02-29-2016 10:48 AM

Nice report!
Hope that the car also will work good on low-med grip tracks.

dan_vector 02-29-2016 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by spacendeman (Post 14412673)
Nice report!
Hope that the car also will work good on low-med grip tracks.

I think we have a bit of work to do in those conditions!

Andy63 03-02-2016 01:36 PM

I made a new setup wich you can see at www.andrefossto.wordpress.com

This is by far the best setup i have tried on carpet. Try it if you have time! Cheers

spacendeman 03-02-2016 11:03 PM

Thanks for the update Andy!

jmoneym 03-05-2016 12:50 PM

Using the 3.5 front block do you use the stock Front/rear with it?

Andy63 03-06-2016 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by jmoneym (Post 14431974)
Using the 3.5 front block do you use the stock Front/rear with it?

Nope, we use 3,5 block front and 3.5 block front/rear upsidedown with 3.5mm shim under.

BardSmith 03-07-2016 06:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My rockin 4.0 at ROAR Nats...

jmoneym 03-07-2016 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Andy63 (Post 14433064)
Nope, we use 3,5 block front and 3.5 block front/rear upsidedown with 3.5mm shim under.

Thanks

jmoneym 03-07-2016 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by BardSmith (Post 14434107)
My rockin 4.0 at ROAR Nats...

Nice can you share your setup.