Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Advice for electric onroad kit >

Advice for electric onroad kit

Advice for electric onroad kit

Old 12-21-2015, 12:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Advice for electric onroad kit

So I have not kept up with the rc car world since the TC3 was new. I'm looking to get back into it and still leaning towards Team Associated.

I see they are now up to 7, and even the 6 is still a bit pricey. Is the tc4 too old? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem to be discontinued like the 5, 6, and 6.1. Why is that? If the 4 is still common among the community I may start back with that for the lower entry price range.

Thanks
Old 12-21-2015, 05:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

A lot of guys run the TC4 in the Vintage Trans Am class. I think it's a great chassis for that class. If you are running a faster class you may have issues with torque steer though. I remember back when the TC3 was current I was having torque steer issues with low turn modified motors. With how much more power motors and batteries put out today, it may be a similar issue. I haven't tried a TC4 but from what I remember there weren't a lot of changes from the TC3.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

I have run a TC4 in my clubs VTA class as well in our Sportsman class. Both use 21.5 motors on blinky ESC. i have also run mine in 17.5 blinky, but made a change to Tamiya TRF shocks for this class. This chassis works well, but needs some simple mods to allow clearance for large pinion gears and the new rectangular lipo packs.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

any chassis is productive if giving a chance....what class was you considering running?
Old 12-21-2015, 08:01 AM
Regional Moderator

You could always visit the track you plan on running at and see what people are running there. That way you can get setup help and parts support locally.