R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   RC Scoring Systems? Which one? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/90422-rc-scoring-systems-one.html)

bikedoctor 11-12-2005 06:39 PM

RC Scoring Systems? Which one?

Our local group of carpet racers just organized a club and are looking for a scoring program to support the AMB-20 system we have.
www.shreveportonroad.com
Were thinking of either J-Lap, RC Scoring Pro, or Alycat

Do you guys have anything good or bad to say or what would you recommend and why.

kevin

Anthony.L 11-12-2005 06:45 PM

THE scoring system.

http://www.amb-it.com/

robk 11-12-2005 06:47 PM

Rc Scoring Pro
The only way to go

RC Scoring Pro 11-12-2005 08:21 PM

AMB recommends RC Scoring Pro to their customers, not Sparc. The DIY channel did a segment on building a RC Track, and they used RC Scoring Pro at AMB's recommendation.

BHenderson 11-12-2005 08:44 PM

Our club in Memphis TN has run RC Scoring Pro for 2 full seasons now. It is by far the best and easiest to use. We have had autoscore and JLap in the past, given a choice of any one of them my choice would still be RC Scoring Pro. Not to mention the programs creator, Doug Hay, who posted right before me is just a phone call away and has always helped us any time we needed it.

charlie_b 11-12-2005 08:57 PM

I have run Autoscore for many years. Still do.

Timmy Heiser 11-12-2005 09:15 PM

Rc Scoring Pro is the only way to go, it's amazing for practice, it gives the option of having you laps printed seperatly by name, and all your laps from all day. And when your running practice it gives you your own box on the computer. they used it for the IIC in vegas and everyone loved it, they use it for the Novak race in Wisconsin and everyone loved it, i think they just used it for nationals also. Another great feature that helps in practice is it says the laps after every time you cross the line. It's a great tool to use when your trying to find the fastest line. I know tracks that have had Autoscore and J Lap and they have now switched to RC Scoring pro.

RayWarner 11-12-2005 09:49 PM

We used to run a diff. program and since the new owners have taken over we run RC Scoring Pro. I race and also call races and this system is awesome. Once you "get it" it will work like a dream. One of the best decisions the new owners made. Ray

Mike@StlCity 11-12-2005 09:58 PM

RC Scoring Pro is the way to go

RC Scoring Pro and the AMBrc system are the only way to go, and worth EVERY penny.
RC Scoring Pro tech support can not be beat either. The program is always being refined and built with the racer in mind. Very consistant with no problems.

Oasis 11-12-2005 10:00 PM

My vote would be for the RC Scoring Pro,I have had some issues with the program(99% my fault.. :lol: )But Doug was willing to help me through the problem's,In the help that Doug has given me it Makes the program so worth the money.And add to the fact that's it's user friendly and has some very cool features that make your job as race director easier,Not Harder.I have heard good things about Auto Score as well,I have heard nothing but bad things about J lap,So i would cross them off the list.Something to think about on the RC Scoring Pro is you can shut the program off,open it up..again and you have lost nothing other than the race your on and you can re load.If you have any questions PM me your # and i'll give you a call.

schurcr 11-12-2005 11:18 PM

RC Scoring Pro is by far and away the best program. It makes the job of race magament easy. The tech support is second to none. Try getting a hold of someone from J-Lap or Autscore when you have a problem you'll get a voice mail. Try calling Doug and if you don't get him he always calls back quickly. The software is second to none. Doug is always working to make it better for all to use. You won't be disapointed, RC Scoring Pro is the choice of the IIC as well as many track across the country. I know, I've been using it for 2 seasons now, no more Autocrash for us. It's good enough that 75% of the on-road tracks in Nor-Cal have switched. We'll be running the Carpet Nationals in '06 on it. Don't waste your money on anythng else and if that ain't enough it's cheaper than Autoscore or J-Lap. Just my 2 cents

Jon Kerr 11-12-2005 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by xxxkat
My vote would be for the RC Scoring Pro,I have had some issues with the program(99% my fault.. :lol: )But Doug was willing to help me through the problem's,In the help that Doug has given me it Makes the program so worth the money.And add to the fact that's it's user friendly and has some very cool features that make your job as race director easier,Not Harder.I have heard good things about Auto Score as well,I have heard nothing but bad things about J lap,So i would cross them off the list.Something to think about on the RC Scoring Pro is you can shut the program off,open it up..again and you have lost nothing other than the race your on and you can re load.If you have any questions PM me your # and i'll give you a call.

Glad you got the issues worked out ;)

RC Scoring Pro is the best I've seen. It's been used at maybe 2 or 3 big event's I've been to and it's been great. What ever you do, don't get JLap. That has to be the worst program I've ever seen run at a race and I've yet to meet a race directer who's been happy with it.

bikedoctor 11-13-2005 05:38 AM

I will try Mon to find out more about RC Scoring pro. I would agree about autoscore and jlap. My guys sent emails to both a week ago and no reply.

andsetinn 11-13-2005 06:35 AM

IMHO RC Scoring Pro isn't very user friendly.

Here is list of the others:

RC-Timing (Looks best to me.)

AutoScore (The first good timing software, current price and feature list is bad joke.)

LapsFree (it's fine, and it's free. Works with AMB)

Alycat (Haven't tried it. Users seem to like it.)

JLap (Never got the demo to install properly and I had a CD they sent me)

BBK (Didn't try it.)

RC Scoring Pro (Others like it.)

Prolap (Will be used at the DHI Cup)

Oasis 11-13-2005 09:28 AM

[QUOTE=andsetinn]IMHO RC Scoring Pro isn't very user friendly.[QUOTE]
:confused: RC Scoring Pro is the most user friendly program i have seen or used,If you read the instructions it's very simple to figure out,Most programs I have used wont allow late entry's,RC Scoring Pro will.By late entrys,if someone has given you the wrong transponder number(like this will never happen.. :lol: )the program will ask you if you want to add this racer to the program,you dont have to waste time going back in and changing the transponder number,you run your race with no delays.Once a person has been added to the data base it's easy to enter them into the program it's two click's and their in.I'm not very good on computers and I find this program very easy to use.I dont think you will find a better system or better tech support.I would have to ask if you have used the program or did you just try to play around with the program on RC Scoring Pro's web site..did you read the instructions ? Not trying to be a smart ass or anything,I'm just curious about the "not user friendly" statement.It's easy to make a statement,but you should say why you made the statement.. :nod: