R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-18-2005, 08:03 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via AIM to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via MSN to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked-Wayz

RC Scoring Pro hands down the best rc software. Built buy a racer for racers what more could you want. Tech support, software features & user friendly the best.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 11-19-2005, 08:51 AM   #32
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just got the free laps software and my guys are saying its pretty good.
For now anyway.

I think in the future as funds become avail we will probably go to rc scoring pro. I like the tech support so far.

www.shreveportonroad.com
bikedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 10:33 AM   #33
kfa
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Scoring Pro
AMB recommends RC Scoring Pro to their customers, not Sparc. The DIY channel did a segment on building a RC Track, and they used RC Scoring Pro at AMB's recommendation.
Does RC Scoring Pro support using USB interface to an AMBrc ?

//Kaare
kfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 12:35 PM   #34
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

At this time they do not. But you can always use a serial to USB converter. This is what I do as my laptop does not have a serial port.
schurcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 05:54 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Future AMBrc products will not support the USB port, so you will need to use a USB to Serial converter in the future.

Some tracks have problems with the USB connection, so I never supported it. The converter I use was $9.95 from www.tigerdirect.com. The price goes up and down from $9.95 to $16.95, not sure why.

Official software of: ROAR Nationals, IIC, Cactus Classic, Indoor Champs, Reedy Race and Trackside Hobbies in Brookfield, WI!
RC Scoring Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:16 PM   #36
Tech Elite

belkin makes one as well called the USB-PDA adapter. just make sure you install the software before you hook up the hardware. its a bit pricey ($30) but when you're in a bind any staples/office depot should have them. works great on our starting lights.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 10:12 PM   #37
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We use Slyfox & it works fine & is easy to use. Steer clear of Ally Crash oops I mean Ally Cat.
soc123_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 01:20 AM   #38
kfa
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Future AMBrc products will not support the USB port, so you will need to use a USB to Serial converter in the future.

Some tracks have problems with the USB connection, so I never supported it. The converter I use was $9.95 from www.tigerdirect.com. The price goes up and down from $9.95 to $16.95, not sure why.
Do you know why that is so ? - I'm currently testing different scoring applications with my ambrc, and notised that bbkrc was the only one supporting an usb connection.. (even though i'm testing with a usb-rs232 conv.)

//Kaare
Old 11-24-2005, 02:04 AM   #39
Tech Addict

Quote:
This I do not understand.
And IMO this is like saying that cars will not support asphalt roads in the future, so please cover them all with dirt, 1 meter deep.
If you're using USB to serial converters you ARE using the USB port. Ergo the error (if real) must be in the software.
andsetinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 08:21 AM   #40
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Must mean not supporting the serial port

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfa
Do you know why that is so ? - I'm currently testing different scoring applications with my ambrc, and notised that bbkrc was the only one supporting an usb connection.. (even though i'm testing with a usb-rs232 conv.)

//Kaare
Like I said, I use bbkRC it's the best and if Kaare is correct it's the only one supporting a USB connection!
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 02:25 PM   #41
kfa
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry_S
Must mean not supporting the serial port

Like I said, I use bbkRC it's the best and if Kaare is correct it's the only one supporting a USB connection!
I'm leaning towards bbkRC too..

//Kaare
Old 11-24-2005, 07:48 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by soc123_au
We use Slyfox & it works fine & is easy to use. Steer clear of Ally Crash oops I mean Ally Cat.
Have you ever raced at Brisbane RC Motor Sports ? They are a customer of mine.

And to say that using a USB to Serial converter is the same as using the USB port is not correct. To use a USB port you need to specifically open the port with a specific string. If AMB doesn't give you the code to open the USB port, you cannot support the USB connection. And if you don't have the AMBrc drivers, the decoder box will not function. To open a serial connection is much more simple, no special drivers or codes are needed.

I think the tracks in the US prefer to use software produced here, and I think that is why the tracks in the UK use bbkRC. I have never been to a track that runs it, and bbkRC's author has probably never been to a track that runs RC Scoring Pro. The countries have different ideas on how software should work. For example, I don't know of anybody in the United States who likes SPARC, which is sold by AMB and written in Europe. I am sure tracks want to be able to call for tech support as well, and the time zone difference means that it makes sense to buy software from a place where you can call for support when your races are running. I am available from 9am to midnight 7 days a week.

Official software of: ROAR Nationals, IIC, Cactus Classic, Indoor Champs, Reedy Race and Trackside Hobbies in Brookfield, WI!
RC Scoring Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 07:56 PM   #43
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Have you ever raced at Brisbane RC Motor Sports ? They are a customer of mine.
No I am in Sydney. I have only raced at Brendale in Brisbane, home of the 06 Worlds. I think they are using Slyfox.
RC Scoring Pro seems to be very popular, might have to check it out.
soc123_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 08:13 PM   #44
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to goop

i was the announcer at my local track until it closed down and we used autoscore and rc scoring pro. let me tell you that i have not seen a better racing software than rc scoring pro. i would say that if there is something that you would like to add to rc scoring pro that it already does not do and is worth dougs time to add he would. it has to be hands down the easiest program to use.i have seen a lot of other programs nothing compares to rc soring pro. now im sure i havent seen them all but compared to the ones i have seen rc scoring pro all the way.

TOP Racing - Gravity Rc - Contact tires - KO Propo - Competition Electronics
goop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:28 PM   #45
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys

my name is Matt, I'm the race director in Brisbane for the Brisbane RC Motor Sports, aka hobbystation, I can say nothing but good things about Doug and RC Scoring Pro.

RC Scoring Pro is in a world of its own. Let me describe my experience with Doug.

I first contacted doug and questioned him about features and options comparing it to alycat. Not only was doug willing to offer a working demo, but he was more than happy to impliment functions into Scoring Pro without a problem.

When I had issues with the demo and compaitibiliy on my computer systems, he spent hours working on a solution and didn't give up until it was fixed. Not only that but in the end it was my computer that was the problem, yet he still helped me out.

At the end of the day, RC Scoring Pro is a briliant system, backed by even better tech support. I can not recommend it enough. For any aussies, I invite you to come down to our track and check it out, I gurantee you'll be impressed by the software.

*NOTE* - Negative comments regarding alycat were retracted after lengthy conversation with alycat regarding their tech support. It was a miscommunication that resulted in what I posted earlier. I wish Alycat luck in its future. (Comments were retracted at my own choice).

Last edited by hawker; 11-28-2005 at 02:02 AM.
hawker is offline   Reply With Quote