Gizmo GZ1 -

Old 04-20-2019, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

These should work
Old 04-20-2019, 08:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Marcos!

They seem to be a valid alternative but then I need to buy different pivot balls and such...

Curious if there's a guy lurking around here who has seen the Gizmo items somewhere minus the obscene Gizmo markup on them. Plane/heli guy maybe?
Old 04-20-2019, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tygertyger View Post
Hey guys! Does anyone know where I can source those upper arm plastic thingies for my GZ1? Gizmo is selling them for 20 bucks a set which is, well... insane.
Thanks a lot!
Those are not $20 per set. I donít know what part you are looking at, but we sell one pair of those for $10.00. I would not say that is insane markup based on what we buy at wholesale for. They are not an airplane part but rather a dedicated F1 part made by a Japanese manufacturer. We import these, and that adds a cost to it, the price is pretty fair.

Itís right inline with what an awesomatix P01and P02 sell for example.
Old 04-20-2019, 02:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

I meant 20 dollars for a set of four. That's still 5 dollars for a a ball cup (or two ball cups depending on how you look at it ) which by any standard is very expensive. That's about 24 times more expensive per ball cup than the 3racing ball cups used on the rest of the car, for instance. I do stand corrected on your profit margin though, I assumed it was a plane part that was simply rebranded. Thanks for clearing that up!
Old 04-20-2019, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The 3Racing ballcups are much cheaper, yes, but it is not a specialty item and it is mass produced by a pretty big industrial company that manufactures for A LOT of mainstream RC Companies. These dedicated ones, not so much. I think the Awesomatix comparison is a little more fair.

Does not matter either way.

We have a bunch of these left over and donít sell them very often anymore. Shoot me an email and Iíll hook you up with a good discount on them. Or better yet, order 2 pair and Iíll send you 4 pair (enough for 2 cars total). That will be below our cost, FWIW.

Old 04-21-2019, 02:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Now that's cool. Will do!
Old 08-03-2019, 11:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi all I've only just come across this interesting car, is gizmo still running as a company? the main none usa site doesn't seem to work and Facebook not updated in a long time?

I quite fancy having a go of one of these cars many come available second hand?

thanks chris
Old 08-04-2019, 12:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Gizmo is currently in development. The official website is: Gizmo Racing USA ? Home of Gizmo USA Radio Control Race Cars

Latest model (Genesis) thread: Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit

Originally Posted by chrisimp View Post
Hi all I've only just come across this interesting car, is gizmo still running as a company? the main none usa site doesn't seem to work and Facebook not updated in a long time?

I quite fancy having a go of one of these cars many come available second hand?

thanks chris
Old 08-05-2019, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ah thats cool to hear, I really like the different design of the GZ1, if I can find one 2nd hand It would be fun to try, in the UK though I might struggle to get one, reasonably priced!

Thanks
Chris
Old 08-05-2019, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The gz1/2 is(was) a great car. Carries a ton of corner speed and accelerates like a rocket out of the corners. I struggled with mine in high traction situations. I think the gz1/2 would be amazing in asphalt. The genesis is definitely a positive step in the gizmo evolution.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

The newest variant of the gz2 includes the newest geometry/suspension components. Should fix the issue on higher bite, and make it better all the way around on all surfaces.. I think CT is selling the gz2 if youre interested Chris.
Walers likes this.