Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree40Likes

Gizmo GZ1 -

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I had a chance to watch the Gz1-Hg. Larry Myers had officially becone the only 2nd driver(durning a timed race, not practice) to break into the 14's in 17.5. Mike Gee was the only other. This car is just incredible on high grip. As our grip came up the car just kept getting faster.

Congrats Christian on the new high grip conversion. You nailed it!
Old 08-21-2017, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks Joe!

I think Toastie did 14.9 at the warmup in A1 as well. So, he's the 3rd person to do it, but still, it's some elite company and it is someone that is not me. Which for me is very reassuring. One thing for sure is that there has not been as much traffic as the warmup so the track has not been quite as fast as it was then.

A month ago at the warmup we were struggling to keep up, and now we seem to have closed the gap. Our set ups are still not quite right either and both Larry and I feel like we are leaving a couple of tenths on the track that we hope to pick up by nats. I am super excited for sure!
Old 08-23-2017, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

I really like the latest update to this car - looks much much better to me. More durable and easier to adjust but still a Gizmo. Ultra low CG and superior balance... speaking of CG, I would be tempted to run the ESC on the battery side in order to eliminate the issue of running the motor and battery wires so high up in the air - a universal problem. Should be easy with the little tiny spec ESC's from Hobbywing. I doubt balancing would be issue with the amount of added weight required on this car. Lowering and shortening the wiring is far more significant than most other CG lowering efforts by manufactures.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
I really like the latest update to this car - looks much much better to me. More durable and easier to adjust but still a Gizmo. Ultra low CG and superior balance... speaking of CG, I would be tempted to run the ESC on the battery side in order to eliminate the issue of running the motor and battery wires so high up in the air - a universal problem. Should be easy with the little tiny spec ESC's from Hobbywing. I doubt balancing would be issue with the amount of added weight required on this car. Lowering and shortening the wiring is far more significant than most other CG lowering efforts by manufactures.
I dont think there is an alloment of space for that. Between the battery, motor, and fan. You might be able to run it in the middle ontop of the motor mount but then youre raising the esc a good 5mm. So maybe a better way would be to find a better way to route the wires so that cg is lower.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

... with some modification. If the battery could be moved forward a bit, change the battery holder, fan could be angled off behind the motor - it's doable.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Point being that it's almost impossible to achieve low CG wiring on standard touring cars and motor/battery wire is sooo heavy. Giant solid "lead" hoses flopping around way above everything else - drives me nuts. But on the GZ1 - very doable.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Even without rotary shocks, due to the motor being much lower, using more ballast with a lighter battery, lower wires - CG should be lower than the Awesomatix - easilly.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Even without rotary shocks, due to the motor being much lower, using more ballast with a lighter battery, lower wires - CG should be lower than the Awesomatix - easilly.
Also with the balance of the car coming into play if you move that 40+ grams over on the battery side, it will likely not balance until you hit 1400+ grams.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

ESC is 28g and wire length is less than half so that's sounds about right. Maybe only 1380g USGT weight is achievable but that would still be pretty awesome.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:48 PM
Tech Champion

ESC is 28g and wire length is less than half so that's sounds about right. Maybe only 1380g USGT weight is achievable but that would still be pretty awesome.
Yes I agree it would be. Do you have a car?
Old 08-23-2017, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

No. Hadn't seriously considered the Gizmo until this last update.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Hmm, does the GZ1 match the Awesomatix or Xray mounting holes/wheel base etc.... just wondering if the precut bodies from Montech and Bitty are a direct fit?
Old 08-24-2017, 08:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hmm, does the GZ1 match the Awesomatix or Xray mounting holes/wheel base etc.... just wondering if the precut bodies from Montech and Bitty are a direct fit?
I have a Montech body and I'll tell you that the wheel wells line up with the body scores. Not sure of the posts, but that's an easy fix ... drill new holes.
Hahaha
Old 08-24-2017, 08:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

No. Hadn't seriously considered the Gizmo until this last update.
I'd suggest getting one. Everyone I let drive mine is thrown by how fast the car changes direction and the amount of corner speed it will carry. Plus, you'll be the most popular pit stall at your track because everyone wants to see "the car with 2 Spur Gears."
Old 08-24-2017, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

I'd have to wait for the latest full kit release with all the high traction conversion bits. It's a brilliant design but I didn't fully dig it until this latest update. Hopefully I'll have my Mugen before then to keep me busy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.