Search
Like Tree40Likes

Gizmo GZ1 -

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 05:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
I think most of the set ups with 0 mm are an evolution of one of my black carpet set ups. I did this because I was trying to get rid of a traction rolling problem at a particular race. I was just trying to increase the car's ability to roll into the track rather than over. I ended up trying this on low and medium bite and it worked nicely, but I think in spec classes it may cost a little bit of corner speed. I think asphalt is probably gonna be best around 1mm under. Carpet is gonna be a matter of grip. The higher the grip the lower you want the arms.
Maybe with my current set up, I'll try removing the shims under the arms and see what it feels like. I'd like that little extra bit of corner speed.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have a 2017 Gizmo GZ1 with one carpet race day on it if anyone is interested. It will come with carbon and aluminum chassis, extra sway bar options NIP, extra springs NIP, esc weight. Both tall and short shock towers are included as well. I broke an upper inner ball stud on last run and do not have a replacement. This car is like new besides that. $400. I will include a new set of Xray shocks for the short towers for $50 extra.PM me your email or phone number and I will email or text pics.

Last edited by ATOMIC; 02-22-2017 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Bump to the top.

Had the pleasure of running at N Control, home of the 2017 ROAR asphalt nats this past Sunday with my GZ1 2017 kits. The traction was pretty low as we barely dried the track and actually ran with a couple of spots with moisture on the track. It was not gonna be a track record breaking day with 36 deg tires, no prep on track and cold temps. However the tests went extremely well. The car was composed and very, very driveable considering the circumstances. I have been working on a variation of roll centers and I was extremely happy with the results so far. I will post some updates on it over the next few days. This way as you guys head out for outdoor season soon, you get to have a good starting spot.

Larry Myers has been working on a pretty phenomenal set up as well, it is up on petit rc. He actually has the track record in 17.5 over some pretty fast guys at the track. I got to race his GZ1 in 2 of the heats yesterday and was extremely impressed. Very high corner speeds, awesome rotation and great power, with practically no fade over 5 minute runs. The set-up is definitely worth a shot.

Lastly, we have had a flash sale going on at the site on our current batch of GZ1 2017 kits. We have 2 left. If you have been thinking about it, now would be the time to snatch one up at a great price... <<<<<Click to your left
LOW ET likes this.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

bring on the asphalt setups, especially the low grip setups.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

You can find all of our set ups here:

Support/ Reference ? Gizmo Racing USA

The latest one added is this one :

http://gizmoracingusa.com/wp-content...ontrol_STD.pdf
Old 03-20-2017, 11:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Despite the weather it was a very fun and productive day of testing I got to run some of Christians new progressive springs they work amazing on the car after a small shock angle change. i've only had the car out there or four times but it has already proven itself to be incredibly fast on asphalt due to the track change in the computer It shows me as having lap record but I believe during last year's regional race with almost perfect track conditions someone had a run slightly quicker but as soon as we get a little better weather here I will try and fix that lol look for a new high bite set up in the next couple weeks
Old 03-27-2017, 09:50 AM
Tech Adept

For the V2 upper arm sets, any suggestions on the lengths for the various tie rods I should begin with?
Old 03-27-2017, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

I'll get you some numbers in a bit for my std settings of 2 deg camber all around 4 deg caster front and 0 deg rear.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

For the front:

Front turnbuckle : 16.8
Rear Turnbuckle : 16.5

Rear:

Front turnbuckle : 14.7
Rear Turnbucke : 15.2

I am measuring with calipers, and the distance measured is the turnbuckle that is showing and not threaded into the plastic. Short links all around.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Short links all around.
do most guys run short links or long? what difference are you seeing between the two setups?
Old 03-30-2017, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

I don't think that you can make a generalization for what people are running as different conditions will call for different set ups.

What I can tell you, is that as with other cars, the shorter links are better to increase response while longer links make the car smoother and allow it to roll more.

Some of the guys are running short rear long front, myself, I am on short all around for now.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

if i'm not mistaken, aren't the long links equal to the stock original gizmo upper?
Old 04-01-2017, 01:50 PM
Tech Adept

Default Diff leaks

Hi,

after my first couple of minutes of driving with the car (2016 model) I had issues with the rear diff. The rear belt was oilyl as well as the rear pulley. From disassembling the diff it seems that the oil came through the very thin black sealing, not through the screw holes. Has anyone experienced similar issues and has a solution? Screws were tight and sealings don't seem to be damaged.

Also: How do you clean a belt and a pulley from oil? I tried an airgun but the oil (3000 from kit) sticks to the parts pretty good.

Thanks!

Andy
Old 04-02-2017, 12:10 AM
Tech Initiate

You can find all of our set ups here:

Support/ Reference ? Gizmo Racing USA

The latest one added is this one :

http://gizmoracingusa.com/wp-content...ontrol_STD.pdf
What are you guys running for shock Lengths? (Xray short shock) and where are you'll measuring from?
Old 04-02-2017, 12:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by AndreasHerold
Hi,

after my first couple of minutes of driving with the car (2016 model) I had issues with the rear diff. The rear belt was oilyl as well as the rear pulley. From disassembling the diff it seems that the oil came through the very thin black sealing, not through the screw holes. Has anyone experienced similar issues and has a solution? Screws were tight and sealings don't seem to be damaged.

Also: How do you clean a belt and a pulley from oil? I tried an airgun but the oil (3000 from kit) sticks to the parts pretty good.

Thanks!

Andy
First time I built mine there were no leaks. Second time I built for a fluid change it leaked like yours. I tore it down and put all new seals and new paper gasket greased everything with green slime and no more leaks. I also tightened diff screws little at a time x-pattern to evenly tighten. Don't over due on tightening the diff screws you could distort the black o-ring. On cleaning, I used motor spray on the belt then wiped off with shop towel. Pulley I used cleaning gum, tooth brush, and motor spray. All good now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.