Originally Posted by Jamison R
Team magic meets awesomatix
This is a Team Magic:

I don't see any similarity !
Old 12-14-2015, 10:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
I really like the ideas behind this car as using a second spur is lighter than having 2 more pulleys and 1 more belt. and the overdrive/under drive ability. I see the adjustable caster idea is really nice with the sliding plates and makes it a lot easier than the awesomatix method . I see the rear caster is adjustable and will assume this is there method of adjusting wheelbase just like the awesomatix. I'm not sure why everyone is always thinking you cant race competitively with a shorty pack? I have been able to race stock and mod with a shorty without any problems with power drop off during the run. also the batteries are getting better so I can see this being the future for all tc cars . only downside I see is having to add a lot of weight to meet the minimum requirements per the rules.
since this is the pre production prototype version I would like to see the finished product.
I ran the Reedy Race at Norcal Hobbies with a shorty pack, way back when they were pretty new. wasn't a problem. I agree I don't see how that's an issue. bigger isn't always better, Hell I qualified 2nd last week with a hobbyking 6000 lipo. on the overdrive/underdrive thing, do they make spurs in one tooth increments? might add this to the "I'm bored and just wanna build something list" lol
Old 12-14-2015, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Disregard.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just move the electronics around and run saddle packs. The two spurs thing is quite smart... less resistive than 3 belts and yes, overdrive possibility..

Neat car. Interested for sure.
Ps. Look for the original team magic e4rs for comparison sake.. rs2 and 3 are nothing like the original.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Infos
This is a Team Magic:

I don't see any similarity !
I think they were referring to the original 3 belt design they had.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

Cool concept. Looks like a cross between a pro 2, pro 3, losi type r and modern design. Hope to see this do well.

Shorty packs are no problem for stock. I ran a 4600mah shorty in my pro 3 and it was fine.
Old 12-14-2015, 12:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
I think they were referring to the original 3 belt design they had.

Exactly what I was referring to.
Attached Thumbnails Gizmo GZ1 --capture.jpg  
Old 12-15-2015, 11:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by skypilot
I ran the Reedy Race at Norcal Hobbies with a shorty pack, way back when they were pretty new. wasn't a problem. I agree I don't see how that's an issue. bigger isn't always better, Hell I qualified 2nd last week with a hobbyking 6000 lipo. on the overdrive/underdrive thing, do they make spurs in one tooth increments? might add this to the "I'm bored and just wanna build something list" lol
We use already Gears in a very hard and high quality plastics. Our gears are machined and not molded and are in one tooth increments :-)

Best regards

Martin Lissau
Old 12-15-2015, 11:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Jamison R
Exactly what I was referring to.
Hi.
While testing the prototypes we also build a 3 belt car. Like a nitro car. But it does not produce the same balance or traction as this platform since with a 3 belt car you have a lot of energy from the long belt on the side of the car. This platform has all the rotation energy from the belts in centre of the car.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Martin Lissau
We use already Gears in a very hard and high quality plastics. Our gears are machined and not molded and are in one tooth increments :-)

Best regards

Martin Lissau
Thanks for the info..
Old 12-15-2015, 01:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Martin Lissau
Hi.
While testing the prototypes we also build a 3 belt car. Like a nitro car. But it does not produce the same balance or traction as this platform since with a 3 belt car you have a lot of energy from the long belt on the side of the car. This platform has all the rotation energy from the belts in centre of the car.
So why not use a short belt between the layshafts either side of the motor mount? You could always use a long boss pinion if you needed to move the spur gear further outwards to make space for the extra pulleys and short belt.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Martin,

How has the car been working in Mod and how much will it cost?

Thank you,

Patrick
Old 12-16-2015, 07:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for taking the time to give us a little information Martin. Looking forward to hearing/seeing more of this machine hopefully soon. I have a '16 yokomo to keep me busy for the next little while, but the gizmo has me keen also (new and different cars don't usually get me very interested).

Keith M.
Old 12-16-2015, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

This is exactly the sort of thing that piques my interest. There are so many cookie cutter RC cars out there at the moment, and I've also been thinking that short pack batteries are underutilised in TC. One the other hand I've been stung going down the "different" path in the past but I will be interested to see the price when they become available
Old 01-09-2016, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

any new info on this car?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.