Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree395Likes

Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 08:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

How many 7.1 kits would actually sell at this point? Not long after the first 7.2 pictures surfaced the forums were filled with 7.1's for sale.
iTz Nicholas72 likes this.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RobS
How many 7.1 kits would actually sell at this point? Not long after the first 7.2 pictures surfaced the forums were filled with 7.1's for sale.
The kit ( and some parts) has been unavailable a month and a half before the first pictures surfaced
davidl likes this.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MD
When he answered my email he really didn't give a reason. I would think they would continue to support the TC7.1 until the new car was in production and may be it will be out soon. Off road cars/trucks are more popular. It's probably good business to invest time and money into the cars that sell. When I was at Windy City Sunday to practice the off road track was constantly busy and the on road track was not nearly as busy.
I think offroad is easier (and cheaper) to get into then Onroad. If Windy goes back to Sunday racing for Onroad will pick back up Hopefully
Old 07-17-2018, 09:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Any eta on when the tc7.2 will be out?
Old 07-17-2018, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lone Drifter
I think offroad is easier (and cheaper) to get into then Onroad. If Windy goes back to Sunday racing for Onroad will pick back up Hopefully
There's a lot to be said about having toys that are fun "someplace other than the track". Road cars are pretty restricted on the surfaces they'll run acceptably on, and that even rules out most driveways. Off road is useful really, anywhere, so that's where most people start in RC. (Myself included)

I'm told that the indoor tracks lose out to the outdoor tracks during the summer for a few reasons. Most importantly, they're different tracks, and they're only open limited times. So you gotta run them when you can.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:10 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lone Drifter
I’ve gotta get up there before they switch back to Sunday’s. Need to try carpet before I can think about trying to race on it.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MD
When he answered my email he really didn't give a reason. I would think they would continue to support the TC7.1 until the new car was in production and may be it will be out soon. Off road cars/trucks are more popular. It's probably good business to invest time and money into the cars that sell. When I was at Windy City Sunday to practice the off road track was constantly busy and the on road track was not nearly as busy.
This is standard operating procedure for any RC Company. You don't want to be stuck with a bunch of old inventory in a market where AE does not have a very large share of. The 7 has been discontinued for about 2 years since the TC7.1 was released in September of '16. The TC4 could be getting retired at last and maybe replaced with something else like one of their qualifier series cars.

The parts support more than likely won't stop for a while until inventories deplete, and as stated by several of their team guys, the new car will use the same plastics so you should be ok on that front.

I would not worry about it too much, this time of the year, inventories are pretty depleted and most RC companies are getting ready for the fall release of their kits. It's the natural cycle of things.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nerobro
There's a lot to be said about having toys that are fun "someplace other than the track". Road cars are pretty restricted on the surfaces they'll run acceptably on, and that even rules out most driveways. Off road is useful really, anywhere, so that's where most people start in RC. (Myself included)

I'm told that the indoor tracks lose out to the outdoor tracks during the summer for a few reasons. Most importantly, they're different tracks, and they're only open limited times. So you gotta run them when you can.
driveway yes. Most are too small for 1/10. But parking lots shouldn’t be too hard to find. If I can run my Serpent 4x on an unprepared lot, no reason other cars can’t.

I used to see belt driven as fragile. Not any more. Impact with something solid it won’t mafter.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
driveway yes. Most are too small for 1/10. But parking lots shouldn’t be too hard to find. If I can run my Serpent 4x on an unprepared lot, no reason other cars can’t.

I used to see belt driven as fragile. Not any more. Impact with something solid it won’t mafter.
That still means taking a special trip to use your toy. The "need to plan" is a big barrier to using a toy.

This was about why off road is easier to get into than road, right?
Old 07-18-2018, 02:13 PM
JC3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nerobro
That still means taking a special trip to use your toy. The "need to plan" is a big barrier to using a toy.

This was about why off road is easier to get into than road, right?
In my experience I don't think it is easier to do off road than on road. The challenge is the same, you have to plan or travel for both. The appeal of running your off road car in your back yard wears off very quickly. It gets boring quick and when you become proficient at it you want to do more. Maybe some jumps and maybe, just maybe, you can convince some friends to buy cars and have races for a few months till folks get busy or bored. The same applies to on road. Parking lot racing by yourself is boring. The challenge of finding racing partners is the same. People should thank their lucky stars that there are places to "plan" to go to for some formal racing or practice fun, on road or off!

I tried off road as my first try at RCing. I found it very difficult and decided that I just didn't have 'it.' Furthermore, the track closed down shortly after I started going there. Now, I'm doing on road and I find it much easier as a rookie. I still don't have 'it' but I'm getting better all the time.

I don't mean this disrespectfully to anyone, but if you want a toy to run in the yard, grab yourself one and have fun. Belt, shaft, or whatever! There are numerous excellent choices. When it comes time to go racing, that toy most likely won't do you much good though.
ASM, davidl, Sean Cochran and 1 others like this.

Last edited by JC3; 07-18-2018 at 02:25 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

There doesn't seem to be a lot of set up sheets using DTC on black carpet. I'm trying to understand the reasoning of why it is favored in asphalt and not really used on black carpet. I have used DTC in my USGT car and my hot lap is faster with DTC over standard set up, but I feel I am more consistent with standard. There just isn't a lot of info for a USGT DTC set up that I can use for reference. Feel like I should abandon it all together and just run standard rear end.
Old 07-23-2018, 12:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ctennispro225
There doesn't seem to be a lot of set up sheets using DTC on black carpet. I'm trying to understand the reasoning of why it is favored in asphalt and not really used on black carpet. I have used DTC in my USGT car and my hot lap is faster with DTC over standard set up, but I feel I am more consistent with standard. There just isn't a lot of info for a USGT DTC set up that I can use for reference. Feel like I should abandon it all together and just run standard rear end.
for me, DTC is 20g in the rear of the car right. I typically have weight in the front and haven't found adding or subtracting toe mid corner to be helpful, probably because i'm not getting enough roll because I almost exclusively use 1mm inner/outer spacers. I'm also not really a carpet guy so I look toward Keven Hebert's setups as a starting point. Randy Caster almost exclusively runs asphalt because we live in SoCal and have/had an abundance of tracks. The only black carpet track available to us is not the size of IIC so testing here is complex.
Jonese likes this.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks Brian. Appreciate the response.

i like the rotation I get on the car right now. Maybe I am not used to driving it as it is a little different. I guess I will just continue to play with the toe change to see if I can get more consistent. If anyone out there is running GT with DTC on black carpet, let me know your thoughts. Hate to Give up on the DTC quick but I need to get more consistent and get out of the C main again.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Center link

I wanted to try the turnbuckle mod as a center link stiffener, does anyone know the correct length of the turnbuckle? I measured from hole in front of the motor mount and the first hole on the servo mount and I got 51.25 . Does that sound right? I might not like it I just wanted to try and stiffen up my stock carbon chassis a little bit.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bgilli26
I wanted to try the turnbuckle mod as a center link stiffener, does anyone know the correct length of the turnbuckle? I measured from hole in front of the motor mount and the first hole on the servo mount and I got 51.25 . Does that sound right? I might not like it I just wanted to try and stiffen up my stock carbon chassis a little bit.
just make sure that the chassis isnt bowed.
Bgilli26 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.