Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car >

Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car

Like Tree395Likes

Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car

Old 04-30-2018, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ctennispro225
Is anyone running a fenix chassis (ASSOCIATED TC 7.1 - 2MM 7075 CHASSIS, 7075-T6)? I picked up a used TC7.1 and it came with carbon and fenix aluminum chassis. I put the fenix on and a buddy noticed my car was pretty tweaked. Stripped car down to chassis and laying flat if I push in the front of the chassis, the rear comes up 2mm. If I push in the rear, the front comes up 4.6mm. I know the website says some longitudinal bend is expected but that seems like a lot. Waiting for fenix to respond to email but thought I would put this out to the group
Sounds like your chassis is bent.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tbrymer
Sounds like your chassis is bent.
oh it's definitely bent. I'm just trying to figure out much bend is normal due to the manufacturing process since that is mentioned in Fenix's website.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

oh it's definitely bent. I'm just trying to figure out much bend is normal due to the manufacturing process since that is mentioned in Fenix's website.
All of my aluminum chassis's were perfectly flat when I bought them new and stay flat until a major accident.
Old 05-01-2018, 11:55 AM
Tech Addict

is there any reason for the kit being out of stock for so long? thanks
syndr0me likes this.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zxcvb1t
Most likely something new from Associated soon.....
Old 05-01-2018, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvb1t
Most likely something new from Associated soon.....
-look back a few pages, ...the TC7.1 has been discontinued.
New model coming out this fall. announcement will probably be in the next few months.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by eR1c
-look back a few pages, ...the TC7.1 has been discontinued.
New model coming out this fall. announcement will probably be in the next few months.
It's discontinued at a few retailers. It's not discontinued on the official AE site. They don't discontinue products until after the replacement is out.
beyondthepack likes this.
Old 05-02-2018, 12:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is anyone running a fenix chassis (ASSOCIATED TC 7.1 - 2MM 7075 CHASSIS, 7075-T6)? I picked up a used TC7.1 and it came with carbon and fenix aluminum chassis. I put the fenix on and a buddy noticed my car was pretty tweaked. Stripped car down to chassis and laying flat if I push in the front of the chassis, the rear comes up 2mm. If I push in the rear, the front comes up 4.6mm. I know the website says some longitudinal bend is expected but that seems like a lot. Waiting for fenix to respond to email but thought I would put this out to the group
We - and other manufacturer - state "Due the nature of the aluminum material and the machining process, it is normal that the chassis may be slightly bent in the longitudinal direction."

Slighlty means between 0 and 0.1x mm tolerance.

Unfortunately 4.6mm is a little bit more than "slightly".

Seems that the previous owner went a little too far about "gentle kiss to the wall"...

Old 05-02-2018, 02:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Giorgio;15220362]We - and other manufacturer - state "Due the nature of the aluminum material and the machining process, it is normal that the chassis may be slightly bent in the longitudinal direction."

Slighlty means between 0 and 0.1x mm tolerance.

Unfortunately 4.6mm is a little bit more than "slightly".

Seems that the previous owner went a little too far about "gentle kiss to the wall"...

[/QUOTE

thank you for taking the time to respond. Laying flat, it's close to .5 mm in rear and almost 1mm in front so looks like I'm the proud owner of a very nice paperweight 😂. #usedcarproblems
Old 05-02-2018, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i would suggest the reflex chassis, but we both know how heavy that makes your car
Old 05-02-2018, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

It's discontinued at a few retailers. It's not discontinued on the official AE site. They don't discontinue products until after the replacement is out.
okay, ...
Old 05-03-2018, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex
I just checked and it let me add the car to my cart at teamassociated.com's site, usually they won't let you add out of stock items without saying they are. Says low inventory though and on small parts, that usually means like 5. I'm not sure what it means on kits. One of my friends shops hasn't been able to order the kits direct for a while, I think they are holding the last set to be ordered direct or maybe to the larger distributors only.

Fall is probably around the right time, it's for sure not early enough to persuade me from buying today if you want one especially knowing the low stock. I just built a new kit for Reedy. Ryan Cavalieri not only ran the fastest race of the 2017 Reedy race, but won the 2018 nationals last weekend and had almost no custom parts on his car. Rick Howart won with the same car in 2017, the 1UP DTC kit really brought some life back into the car, I can only imagine the engineers are having a tough time going faster with it and maintenance is already easy.
Edwin Pibal likes this.
Old 05-04-2018, 02:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
I just checked and it let me add the car to my cart at teamassociated.com's site, usually they won't let you add out of stock items without saying they are. Says low inventory though and on small parts, that usually means like 5. I'm not sure what it means on kits. One of my friends shops hasn't been able to order the kits direct for a while, I think they are holding the last set to be ordered direct or maybe to the larger distributors only.

Fall is probably around the right time, it's for sure not early enough to persuade me from buying today if you want one especially knowing the low stock. I just built a new kit for Reedy. Ryan Cavalieri not only ran the fastest race of the 2017 Reedy race, but won the 2018 nationals last weekend and had almost no custom parts on his car. Rick Howart won with the same car in 2017, the 1UP DTC kit really brought some life back into the car, I can only imagine the engineers are having a tough time going faster with it and maintenance is already easy.
I would bet some sort of Pitch Control Mr. Bosley. The current car has no centerline hole near the motor mount in the chassis. So I speculate the 7.2 will have either a new motor mount for Pitch Control or Chassis with a center hole. My guess is a motor mount. Most of the AE guys were running pitch control at ROAR, but the pictures were always at an angle that you cannot see it. The other thing I saw was a unique bumper foam on a certain car. Also, were those custom battery tabs or something new in the works? Something else you see is the camber link stiffeners popping up for the black carpet. That may be something else coming. I dunno. I'm the most interested in the pitch control. Plus - when you're sick w/Crohns like I am - hunting for clues passes the time (althou the Team Associated facebook guy must hate me)
*And as I read this back, with a peanut gallery over my shoulder, please know that saying Mr. Bosley was being respectful to someone I didn't know, I was not mocking him. (And seriously, the world today thinks being polite is mocking?)
Edwin Pibal and LonnyJ1950 like this.

Last edited by TheYankee0806; 05-04-2018 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Clarification on being polite.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TheYankee0806
I would bet some sort of Pitch Control Mr. Bosley. The current car has no centerline hole near the motor mount in the chassis. So I speculate the 7.2 will have either a new motor mount for Pitch Control or Chassis with a center hole. My guess is a motor mount. Most of the AE guys were running pitch control at ROAR, but the pictures were always at an angle that you cannot see it. The other thing I saw was a unique bumper foam on a certain car. Also, were those custom battery tabs or something new in the works? Something else you see is the camber link stiffeners popping up for the black carpet. That may be something else coming. I dunno. I'm the most interested in the pitch control. Plus - when you're sick w/Crohns like I am - hunting for clues passes the time (althou the Team Associated facebook guy must hate me)
*And as I read this back, with a peanut gallery over my shoulder, please know that saying Mr. Bosley was being respectful to someone I didn't know, I was not mocking him. (And seriously, the world today thinks being polite is mocking?)
You can bet on bearing-raced roll bars for sure.
beyondthepack likes this.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheYankee0806
You really want to look at Randy's car to get an idea of whats being tested, nobody else ran anything odd.. I was pitting next to Ryan, his car was basic for sure although I'm pretty sure he was looking for 30 degree steering lock the entire weekend. You would really be shocked to know that the 7.1 as released is still really good, there really are no tricks other than DTC that are favored among all drivers. David Jun hasn't tested DTC very much so most of his setups are without it, he seems like he does well.

The bumpers are partially due to lack of stock, but our bumper is just too short for the type-s where we mount it. If you look, many of the common brands use our same body post width and such, very little foam work required.

The battery trick is either the short F6 post and some shims, or the medium F6 post and file the plastic mount down slightly for the 6000, the 8200 you need the medium mount plus shims. On my car, the top is carbon from the team titan wing mount, others just cut carbon from broken top decks or whatever they can find. No real specific thing needed except you want the battery to float maybe 1-2mm. We're also drilling the sides of the motor mount and servo mount to put a battery stop (countersunk screw and shims just past the belt) mid way up to help push the battery out to the plastic mounts.
Randy Caster likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.