Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car >

Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car

Like Tree338Likes

Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car

Old 02-12-2018, 03:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have driven one and the car does handle, mind you this was set up. I like the idea of the traditional "TC" in the 7.1 If you are willing to learn there system in that car, it IS a curve the car is a winner.If you look up most stock finishes around the world, a good 65% are made up of that car.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

i've driven one as well, a A700 nonetheless that was far from optimal, but one thing that stood out immediately was the steering that it has upon response from the remote.

my question is, has anyone gotten their car to respond as quickly as an awesomatix?
Old 02-13-2018, 10:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ive been working with the 1UP DTC to get that same effect on carpet...so far looking good...but its a work in progress https://www.facebook.com/1upracing/

https://www.1upracing.com/
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car-26803321_436558193454446_1126461361_n.jpg  
Old 02-13-2018, 12:17 PM
ASM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
Ive been working with the 1UP DTC to get that same effect on carpet...so far looking good...but its a work in progress https://www.facebook.com/1upracing/

https://www.1upracing.com/
Randy just recently told me he had just finished up with what he felt like was a very good black carpet set-up after all his testing and saw definite drops in his lap times.....but you may already have that info
DARKSIDE likes this.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the corner speed is the biggest difference for me....the Matix has this feature as well as other cars, and you see what they are doing. Now dont get me wrong, its not the only way...but its a really good way. But also be prepared to learn to drive it...it takes a little to get used to
phatboislim likes this.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default CTS in the books.

Well weekend came and went, short trip out to Cali for the first race of cts. Typically run asphalt out in Arizona, so went there with the car I had. I ran the 1up Setup in the rear and also had the pss sleeves in the shocks. Started with the split top deck but that quickly came off , later in the day I realized I had some other issues going on but didnít have enough time to switch back to it for practice. Qualified 5th and ended up 3rd overall.

Iíll chime in on the awesomatix convo, they went 1-2 at cts and me in 3rd. They just carry soooooo much corner speed. My car found some pace in the main, just a day late!

Rick Hohwart likes this.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by WEEZY View Post
Well weekend came and went, short trip out to Cali for the first race of cts. Typically run asphalt out in Arizona, so went there with the car I had. I ran the 1up Setup in the rear and also had the pss sleeves in the shocks. Started with the split top deck but that quickly came off , later in the day I realized I had some other issues going on but didnít have enough time to switch back to it for practice. Qualified 5th and ended up 3rd overall.

Iíll chime in on the awesomatix convo, they went 1-2 at cts and me in 3rd. They just carry soooooo much corner speed. My car found some pace in the main, just a day late!

....on a side note. Thatís the best looking TC7 Iíve ever scene. Sick anodizing.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
the corner speed is the biggest difference for me....the Matix has this feature as well as other cars, and you see what they are doing. Now dont get me wrong, its not the only way...but its a really good way. But also be prepared to learn to drive it...it takes a little to get used to
corner speed has been a huge thing for me, lately, on some slick ass gray carpet (lowest traction grey carpet i've ever encountered) i've been able to get some corner speed. now i've yet to see if i can get the same result on black carpet yet.

but straight up, i've never seen a car react to steering input the way an awesomatix has, ever. and i'm testing an old A700 that looks like shit but holy hell w/ a basic setup it ran as good if not better than my 7.1 that i had already put time into. mind you i only set RH and not droop. i was blown away. hence my question

i do have the PCS system on the car which helped dramatically. i'm on the fence of getting the DTC system or just selling and getting an awesomatix as i'm no longer as intimated (sp?) as i once was. I do love the 7.1, dont get me wrong though
Old 02-13-2018, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by beyondthepack View Post
....on a side note. Thatís the best looking TC7 Iíve ever scene. Sick anodizing.
Haha appreciate it, for me itís mental.. if it looks good itís fast! Gave the titanium to Brian kinwald and he zapped them to make them gold. (Thatís all over my head) lol
Old 02-13-2018, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by phatboislim View Post
corner speed has been a huge thing for me, lately, on some slick ass gray carpet (lowest traction grey carpet i've ever encountered) i've been able to get some corner speed. now i've yet to see if i can get the same result on black carpet yet.

but straight up, i've never seen a car react to steering input the way an awesomatix has, ever. and i'm testing an old A700 that looks like shit but holy hell w/ a basic setup it ran as good if not better than my 7.1 that i had already put time into. mind you i only set RH and not droop. i was blown away. hence my question

i do have the PCS system on the car which helped dramatically. i'm on the fence of getting the DTC system or just selling and getting an awesomatix as i'm no longer as intimated (sp?) as i once was. I do love the 7.1, dont get me wrong though
$100 DTC is cheaper than the AX, and it makes the car come alive. If you are familiar with the ae, I would go that route first. Is everyone using ae springs? Thatís is one of the biggest tuning options I have noticed and messed with.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I myself have switched entirely from AE to AX. Not trying to go off topic but you guys are complete right. The car has a bit of a learning curve to set up but it drives amazing. I've used the early 800 and ran on carpet and nothing beats it. I went to AE most of last year when I ran on asphalt but have recently(6 months) switched back to AX(800X)and no regrets. No springs to carry around. Have yet to break any parts. The cornering on this car is nothing but stellar. I did sell my (2) 7.1 rollers to locals and it's great to see them drive them to front of the field every time for their respective classes. Still a good car but not what I was looking for. Maybe with the new parts Reflex racing are putting out and 1up DTC adds a different dimension to the car so that looks promising.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by trigger View Post
I myself have switched entirely from AE to AX. Not trying to go off topic but you guys are complete right. The car has a bit of a learning curve to set up but it drives amazing. I've used the early 800 and ran on carpet and nothing beats it. I went to AE most of last year when I ran on asphalt but have recently(6 months) switched back to AX(800X)and no regrets. No springs to carry around. Have yet to break any parts. The cornering on this car is nothing but stellar. I did sell my (2) 7.1 rollers to locals and it's great to see them drive them to front of the field every time for their respective classes. Still a good car but not what I was looking for. Maybe with the new parts Reflex racing are putting out and 1up DTC adds a different dimension to the car so that looks promising.
For sure. As more kits are equipped with the DTC from 1Up or perhaps the 7.???? Whatever they call it, the Associated is not that far off. On the other hand the majority of TC out at the track are Orange, and more or less a traditional TC. My 2 cents.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

So the Tc7.1 at $467 plus $100 min for a aluminun chassis and $100 for the DTC rear end. Makes Racing ( competitively ) on black carpet ,$667 in the future?

Make the price of a A800 better
Old 02-14-2018, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

You need the alu chassis for the A800 too
Old 02-14-2018, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Fastfreddy74 View Post
You need the alu chassis for the A800 too
Yeah, but even with a graphite chassis I think they carry more corner speed

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service