R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree208Likes

Old 12-06-2017, 03:11 PM   #2431
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilerian View Post
Has anyone else noticed their rear toe settings are off side to side? I have had this happen with my TC7.1 and my TC6.2, both Associated chassis and RSD chassis. Yes, I had the correct bushings in the mounts. They are usually off by about 1/2 degree, with the right side having more toe-in. Measured on multiple setup stations from Integy and Hudy. And flipped the toe plate with the same readings.
I had the same issue on one of my cars... Just replaced all the plastic inserts with different ones and the problem went away.
RobS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:18 PM   #2432
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilerian View Post
Has anyone else noticed their rear toe settings are off side to side? I have had this happen with my TC7.1 and my TC6.2, both Associated chassis and RSD chassis. Yes, I had the correct bushings in the mounts. They are usually off by about 1/2 degree, with the right side having more toe-in. Measured on multiple setup stations from Integy and Hudy. And flipped the toe plate with the same readings.
Try loosening the screws on one of the inner dot bushing mounts and tapping it to the inside or outside (depending if it’s reading .5deg too little or too much) and retightening while holding in place. I’ve only ever had to do this once on my 7 and 7.1 and they’ve been dead on ever since.
ASM likes this.
Central California's premiere source for Radio Controlled Racing!
rgirocz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:08 PM   #2433
Tech Adept

OK i need some help with gearing right now my car is gear at 66-36 at 3.67 temp at 5min. is 150's so if i go with 60-33 i will be at 3.64 will the car be faster or slower or the same. the track is 90 by 40.
SGrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:16 PM   #2434
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrubb View Post
OK i need some help with gearing right now my car is gear at 66-36 at 3.67 temp at 5min. is 150's so if i go with 60-33 i will be at 3.64 will the car be faster or slower or the same. the track is 90 by 40.
Need more information. Where is your car slow right now, corners, straight? If you are keeping up with everyone on the infield and only losing it towards the end of the straight, then gearing taller (lower FDR) will increase speed. But... Generally it is more difficult than that. Motor timing comes into play, and I have found that most of my lost speed on the track comes from the corners and not maintaining enough speed through them. Gearing up will not help there. What motor are you running?
trilerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:32 PM   #2435
ASM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Is that for your 17.5? Going from a 3.67 to 3.64, you're not going to realize any difference.

Oh and BTW, that's probably too much gear for your 17.5. Take some off and see what happens - good luck!

2016 & 2017 ROAR Region 4 VTA Champion
USVTA Member #116
ASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:12 AM   #2436
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Increase Pinion more top end.
Decrease Pinion more torque.
Bubonic-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:51 PM   #2437
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgirocz28 View Post
Try loosening the screws on one of the inner dot bushing mounts and tapping it to the inside or outside (depending if itís reading .5deg too little or too much) and retightening while holding in place. Iíve only ever had to do this once on my 7 and 7.1 and theyíve been dead on ever since.
I have 2 TC 7.1s and they are both like this (along with the other Associated cars I have, a bunch of off road racers). All with more toe in on the right rear than the left.
I'm going to try rgiro's idea of relocating the arm mount(s).
PwrWrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 04:39 PM   #2438
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM View Post
Is that for your 17.5? Going from a 3.67 to 3.64, you're not going to realize any difference.

Oh and BTW, that's probably too much gear for your 17.5. Take some off and see what happens - good luck!
sorry it took so much time to get back. the new maclan 17.5 motor is what iam runing. i bump up the timing from 40 to 43 and i will go down maybe two on the pinion. more speed coming out. i hope
SGrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:19 PM   #2439
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
sorry it took so much time to get back. the new maclan 17.5 motor is what iam runing. i bump up the timing from 40 to 43 and i will go down maybe two on the pinion. more speed coming out. i hope
Maclan V2, I run at 48 degrees timing. 96/47. Loads of power!

Last edited by trigger; 12-14-2017 at 10:56 PM.
trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 10:45 AM   #2440
Tech Initiate

Default TC7.1 wheel hex

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
I ordered some of those , straight from Team Associated.

The inner hole is way too big for the axle , no go.

Did you use a sleeve?
Sorry bout that AMZ. I have 3 different brands of TCs. I double checked the TC7.1 and you are correct the axle steps down to 4mm after the outer bearing so those hexes will not work.
If you want wider track you need to use the Assc. spacer kit 31672.
PwrWrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:04 PM   #2441
Tech Rookie

Question for you guys. Do you know where I could find dimensions of the chassis holes? I am cutting my own chassis out of 1/8" aluminum plate. I know I can measure them out but I wonder how accurate that would really be. I don't even know if they're spaced together in metric or imperial.

Any help would be appreciated.
Lionkev55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:24 PM   #2442
AMZ
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

A belt cam position question:

For the front belt cams, viewed from the left, lets say that cam is 7 'notches' from the front.
Is the right cam supposed to be 7 notches from the front? Or is it all reversed and should it should be 7 notches from the back ?
AMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 04:49 AM   #2443
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
A belt cam position question:

For the front belt cams, viewed from the left, lets say that cam is 7 'notches' from the front.
Is the right cam supposed to be 7 notches from the front? Or is it all reversed and should it should be 7 notches from the back ?
Both should be angled forward/backwards. Not one each direction.
davidl and glennhl like this.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:44 AM   #2444
Tech Apprentice

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hey guys, I have a few questions on the TC7 vs the TC7.1.

I am an off-road guy, but am looking to get into on road. Can someone explain the difference between the TC7 and the TC7.1? I have looked up the AE specs, but I do not know that much about the car it so all reads like a Traxxas manual trying to make a big deal out of small changes. Is there a big gap in the two cars? Is it still easy to find TC7 specific parts?

Second, if I did get a TC7 how difficult is it to convert it to the TC7.1. Is it worth it?

Thanks!
Old 01-04-2018, 01:10 PM   #2445
Tech Fanatic

The difference between the two is the TC7.1 has shorter shocks/shock towers and upper bulkhead clamps. The rest of the car is essentially the same. If memory serves the TC7 kit didn't come with front DCJ's while the 7.1 does. To convert the 7 to a 7.1 the cost would be in the $200 range. I have 2 of each car and I can't really say one is better then the other, but I mainly run on grey carpet. Haven't been able to test them back to back on black carpet yet.
CrawJac likes this.