R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree171Likes

Old 12-06-2017, 03:11 PM   #2431
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilerian View Post
Has anyone else noticed their rear toe settings are off side to side? I have had this happen with my TC7.1 and my TC6.2, both Associated chassis and RSD chassis. Yes, I had the correct bushings in the mounts. They are usually off by about 1/2 degree, with the right side having more toe-in. Measured on multiple setup stations from Integy and Hudy. And flipped the toe plate with the same readings.
I had the same issue on one of my cars... Just replaced all the plastic inserts with different ones and the problem went away.
RobS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:18 PM   #2432
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilerian View Post
Has anyone else noticed their rear toe settings are off side to side? I have had this happen with my TC7.1 and my TC6.2, both Associated chassis and RSD chassis. Yes, I had the correct bushings in the mounts. They are usually off by about 1/2 degree, with the right side having more toe-in. Measured on multiple setup stations from Integy and Hudy. And flipped the toe plate with the same readings.
Try loosening the screws on one of the inner dot bushing mounts and tapping it to the inside or outside (depending if it’s reading .5deg too little or too much) and retightening while holding in place. I’ve only ever had to do this once on my 7 and 7.1 and they’ve been dead on ever since.
ASM likes this.
Central California's premiere source for Radio Controlled Racing!
rgirocz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:08 PM   #2433
Tech Adept

OK i need some help with gearing right now my car is gear at 66-36 at 3.67 temp at 5min. is 150's so if i go with 60-33 i will be at 3.64 will the car be faster or slower or the same. the track is 90 by 40.
SGrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:16 PM   #2434
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrubb View Post
OK i need some help with gearing right now my car is gear at 66-36 at 3.67 temp at 5min. is 150's so if i go with 60-33 i will be at 3.64 will the car be faster or slower or the same. the track is 90 by 40.
Need more information. Where is your car slow right now, corners, straight? If you are keeping up with everyone on the infield and only losing it towards the end of the straight, then gearing taller (lower FDR) will increase speed. But... Generally it is more difficult than that. Motor timing comes into play, and I have found that most of my lost speed on the track comes from the corners and not maintaining enough speed through them. Gearing up will not help there. What motor are you running?
trilerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:32 PM   #2435
ASM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrubb View Post
Is that for your 17.5? Going from a 3.67 to 3.64, you're not going to realize any difference.

Oh and BTW, that's probably too much gear for your 17.5. Take some off and see what happens - good luck!

2016 & 2017 ROAR Region 4 VTA Champion
USVTA Member #116
ASM is offline   Reply With Quote