R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/902988-team-associated-tc7-tc7-1-touring-car.html)

OttoKrosse 01-22-2016 09:45 PM

The kits may not be available yet but I did manage to get a set of the new shocks, looking forward to trying them out tomorrow.

Had to improvise on the spring though, using Xray 2.5 and 2.6s but they are a bit short for the length of the shock. The spring perch seats are larger diameter and will not accommodate the tc6.2 springs.

Svendc 01-22-2016 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by OttoKrosse (Post 14360010)
The kits may not be available yet but I did manage to get a set of the new shocks, looking forward to trying them out tomorrow.

Had to improvise on the spring though, using Xray 2.5 and 2.6s but they are a bit short for the length of the shock. The spring perch seats are larger diameter and will not accommodate the tc6.2 springs.

The yokomo DB7 springs, will factory fit on the new shoks now?

Loheswaran 01-23-2016 04:27 PM

Funny you should say that

Originally Posted by irvinew (Post 14301771)
Looks like all new bulkheads, plastics look different as well. Floating servo not de-coupled though.

Looks pretty good; did they say it includes DCV? it comes in an xray standard.

Interesting Yokomo style sway bar stopper. Shocks look sweet.

Should be a very competitive car to run; if 6.2 owners want to upgrade I say don't bother; get a RSD conversion kit; if they manage to have it in stock. But then your slave to its availability and it seems to be very popular. Stock is up and down.

I'd say the final word would be its durability and and quality control. That's the big thing in Xrays corner.

I quote this and also refer to the other 'Yokomo' based comments. The reason I have done this is that with the 'conventional' cars ie not Schumacher or Awesomatix - you have 2 types of geometry Tamiya/Xray vs Yokomo. Don't believe me? measure your cars up fully. Grainger was trying all sorts of different arms on his TC 6.2 - his favourite/most successful time was driving the old BD5. I have a VBC, and Xray spares such as arms are almost a direct fit.

My big question is how well built is the associated? if its's cheaper than the Yokomo, is well built, and parts readily available - it should be a great package.

MattW 01-24-2016 09:55 AM

The majority of cars out there have very similar geometry - even the Schumacher isn't as different as you might think ;) I don't think any cars are identical to each other though (If that makes any sense!).

Time will tell on the TC7 build - I know the pre prods look very good, and of course you wouldn't expect production parts to be any worse!! I think we should all find out pretty soon.

btw - Chris had left Yokomo before the production BD5 was actually released!!

scoyle 01-24-2016 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by MattW (Post 14361468)
Time will tell on the TC7 build - I know the pre prods look very good, and of course you wouldn't expect production parts to be any worse!! I think we should all find out pretty soon.

Is there a general release date yet for the UK?

Phoenix82 01-25-2016 05:05 AM

Hey guys. I was in Victoria a few weeks back and had the chance to look at Kevin's new TC7. Its very nice and clean looking, the part fitment was spot on and new shocks are super smooth. The parts quality looks to me much improved over previous cars, the ball cups are silky smooth diff feels nice. I think overall much improved car. and in the hands of a pro like Kevin. Its a winner.

Nick K

phatboislim 01-25-2016 07:01 AM

:batman::batman:

Loheswaran 01-25-2016 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by MattW (Post 14361468)
The majority of cars out there have very similar geometry - even the Schumacher isn't as different as you might think ;) I don't think any cars are identical to each other though (If that makes any sense!).

btw - Chris had left Yokomo before the production BD5 was actually released!!

Well then - that's my bad - must be the BD4 - the one he got 5 nationals in a row with

Sean Cochran 01-25-2016 03:55 PM

TC7 kits are shipping this week.

Steve Weiss 01-25-2016 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran (Post 14363386)

To quote King Duncan from Macbeth:

"GREAT HAPPINESS!"

Bar 01-26-2016 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by Loheswaran (Post 14363275)
Well then - that's my bad - must be the BD4 - the one he got 5 nationals in a row with

The original Yokomo BD I think

phatboislim 01-26-2016 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran (Post 14363386)

aww man!!

DARKSIDE 01-26-2016 01:10 PM

that's a good thing right...

2tite 01-26-2016 01:11 PM

Good news!

Steve Weiss 01-27-2016 12:15 PM

Kits are in stock now!!