ETS Series 2015-16 Rnd 1 Czech >

ETS Series 2015-16 Rnd 1 Czech

ETS Series 2015-16 Rnd 1 Czech

Old 12-12-2015, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daveaustin5 View Post
That was an incredible finish to A1.

Rheinard winning up until the last corner where Volker came flying through to take the win.
Fun race to watch for sure. Was that a clean pass or a little rough?
Old 12-12-2015, 04:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goin2drt View Post
Fun race to watch for sure. Was that a clean pass or a little rough?
Side x Side
Door to door

Impossible pass to make, MR33 seemed ok with it too

Coming in Hot !
Attached Thumbnails ETS Series 2015-16 Rnd 1 Czech-sxsrvmr.jpg  

Last edited by RedBullFiXX; 12-12-2015 at 05:10 PM.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Yeah I was just wondering what others thought. I didn't have a feel either way. I enjoyed watching it though.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Yes, and so far I haven't heard of any tyre failures.

My quali hasn't been that great, in fact slightly worse than last year.
But still having fun
Excellent. We are looking at amending our national regulations to favour pre-glued tyre assemblies. The QC of gluing is much better than in the past that's for sure.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by goin2drt View Post
Yeah I was just wondering what others thought. I didn't have a feel either way. I enjoyed watching it though.
Seemed to be an all or nothing move. He knew there was enough time to hagberg that if he took out MR and had to give the place back he would still snag second. All to gain, low chance to lose.

Was a marginal move but it worked.
Old 12-13-2015, 01:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cplus View Post
Seemed to be an all or nothing move. He knew there was enough time to hagberg that if he took out MR and had to give the place back he would still snag second. All to gain, low chance to lose.

Was a marginal move but it worked.
True.

MR looked gutted, he gave Volker a gap and he took it. It was a fantastic move but MR only has himself to blame.
Old 12-13-2015, 02:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by daveaustin5 View Post
True.

MR looked gutted, he gave Volker a gap and he took it. It was a fantastic move but MR only has himself to blame.
Yep, and he didn't seem to think it was unfair either.
Old 12-13-2015, 04:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Rheinard won A2 according to his facebook. A3 will be the decider
Old 12-14-2015, 04:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cplus View Post
So what's the story with the change in tyre?

Before the season it was announced Volante V5 28CP would be used on carpet and V5T 36R on asphalt.

Apparently there was a change at the last minute??

Haven't exactly been hearing glowing reports on the new 36's either (gold compound) which is a worry.

Could you please explain the bold phrase? What's wrong with them? Lack of grip or do they wear off quick?
Old 12-14-2015, 05:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Govert View Post
Could you please explain the bold phrase? What's wrong with them? Lack of grip or do they wear off quick?
Very inconsistent from set to set, reported by some team drivers. A big gamble what you get, same problem we had with Ride tires.
Old 12-14-2015, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

The tyres were changed at the last minute (previous week or so), so almost no-one had had a chance to test the latest version of the Volante's before the meeting.

It has been said that the change was to stiffen the sidewalls (or the insert change, depending on who i spoke to) to increase durability as the versions we were all due to use were being killed in mod in 5 runs when tested at Hudy Arena.
So the reasons for the change were good, but perhaps leaving it until the last minute was more of an issue
The change meant that the grip had changed slightly but they would now last longer.

When you push the sidewall etc you can tell the difference between the two versions.

From Viljami Kutvonen on his FB page;

Quick update from my race.
Not much actions for me in the finals. In A3 I found better pace again and was able to keep up with others. One of the reasons my race also hurt was that I broke my wheel from both sets so after Q2 crash I had to mix my half run done set and 3& half run done set rear tires. After this I never had feeling that tires are balanced and was struggling so much with the grip.
But one of the reasons for my poor perfomance was this updated Volante tire and importantly not informed about this. I don't think it's fair to not inform drivers if tire will be changed for one of the most important races in year. I spent, our team spent, many other teams spent so much time and effort testing for this race. And then we hear about this change on Friday just before only 3 practices. I can ask only 'what the fuck?'.
I agree that reason for this change was good. But some drivers have had this tire before this weekend and raced with this so of course they have some sort of advantage. And still there was not any informing about this so this is not fair in my opinion, or is it? Why is it so hard to send just one e-mail for all racers and inform about this? I heard this have been known at factory for 4 weeks (I have no sure information?) and only small amount of people knew about this.
'What informing about this could have changed in your race?'
-Completely different preparation for the race and that way different result in the end.
I hate doing public complaining and I prefer more doing talking on the race track, but now I don't see any other option, just have to let this out.
Now time to relax in hotel and fly back to Finland tomorrow morning and then focus on the future.
Edit: I forgot to say thanks for Michal Bok and other crew for great job making this race again. Layout was one of the best I've driven and other services around race worked perfectly.
Old 12-14-2015, 05:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Geberit View Post
Very inconsistent from set to set, reported by some team drivers. A big gamble what you get, same problem we had with Ride tires.
Hmm, that's the whole reason they developed these Volante tires, to make consistent tires...Were these the V5 version they tested? Cause V5 version is hardly available yet (Even though I've already got 7 sets, but will test them in spring time, March).

Sorry for hijacking this thread, I am talking about the outdoor 36R tires..
Old 12-14-2015, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Govert View Post
Hmm, that's the whole reason they developed these Volante tires, to make consistent tires...Were these the V5 version they tested? Cause V5 version is hardly available yet (Even though I've already got 7 sets, but will test them in spring time, March).

Sorry for hijacking this thread, I am talking about the outdoor 36R tires..
But if they do the same changes etc with the outdoor tyre, your testing will have been for nothing.
Old 12-14-2015, 05:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Some drivers knew about this tires update weekend before the race, some just knew about this when they arr on race Friday.

For a race at this level, it is really a joke.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
But if they do the same changes etc with the outdoor tyre, your testing will have been for nothing.
Very true...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.