Search
Like Tree9Likes

VBC Racing D08

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 02:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default New tape mount system FYI

If you happen to get this, VBC RACING - WILDFIRE ANTI-TWEAK BATTERY MOUNT D-05-VBC-0250, you might want to grind the chassis screw down a bit as, in the stock form the screw is a little too long and interferes with the teeth to lock in place.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi guys... does anyone have a D08 for sale?
Old 09-12-2016, 07:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1shnot
Hi guys... does anyone have a D08 for sale?
Alex @ Gripworks RC in BC.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:48 PM
TC5
Tech Initiate

Default SMC Purple springs

Hi Guys ,

Any experience with the SMC purple springs and TBBS shocks ?

- SMC silver would be the rear spring if one used the purple upfront ?
-What exactly was the "feel" of the progressive front springs - Where and when would you use this ? I suspect in a high speed sweeper where you need the initial bite and then need to stiffen up as the car rolls mod sweeper ?

Cheers
Old 09-12-2016, 01:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rodney Racer
Alex @ Gripworks RC in BC.

Was hoping for a used one to try...
Old 09-12-2016, 04:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Was hoping for a used one to try...
I would pull the trigger on the d08 if I were you. Its a great car that responds well to changes. Parts are available in several online shops vbcracingusa.com is where I het my stuff. Edward is a stand up guy and will treat you right.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Has anyone have a good setup for the black carpet? I have been on Petit rc and VBC racing but no luck
Old 09-12-2016, 06:42 PM
Tech Adept

Default D08 Setup

Originally Posted by jtsbell
Has anyone have a good setup for the black carpet? I have been on Petit rc and VBC racing but no luck

I have a D08 setup that I worked with Ed quite a bit on for carpet that has a high traction groove. The goal for this setup was to have a setup that would not require gluing the sidwalls of the tires. This was running the graphite chassis, and I was going to say a out of the box kit, but my car is mostly a dynamics car now. Still the setup is pretty decent and I think the final fix would be the gluing of the sidewall.
Attached Thumbnails VBC Racing D08-d08-setup.jpg  
Old 09-12-2016, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rodney Racer
I have a D08 setup that I worked with Ed quite a bit on for carpet that has a high traction groove. The goal for this setup was to have a setup that would not require gluing the sidwalls of the tires. This was running the graphite chassis, and I was going to say a out of the box kit, but my car is mostly a dynamics car now. Still the setup is pretty decent and I think the final fix would be the gluing of the sidewall.
Yes, I was fortunate enough to assist Rodney Racer with his setup and we were able to get his D08 setup properly.

A few changes to further reduce any chances of grip roll from his setup.
- Increase droop going from 1.5 F/R to 2.0 F and 2.5 will allow for the suspension roll a lot more in the corners.
- Reducing camber gain on the front.
- Reducing front camber -1.0
- Solid center post
- Aluminum chassis
Old 09-13-2016, 10:25 AM
Tech Addict

Just asked Edward the same question but I'll ask it here as well,

Found a pretty good deal on new D07 just wondering from experience , is it night and day between 2 cars?

TIA
Old 09-14-2016, 01:50 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guy's, just bought an VBC D08 Dynamics edition.
I have 2 questions.
1, What scenario's would the mid flex motor mount post would be used? or even the optional solid post?
2, Are the TBBS shocks better for asphalt conditions or the original D08 shocks.
Track is outside asphalt, a little bumpy, low to medium grip.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:07 AM
Tech Adept

Just asked Edward the same question but I'll ask it here as well,

Found a pretty good deal on new D07 just wondering from experience , is it night and day between 2 cars?

TIA
I think that the D07 can be a good car, just upgrade the plastics to the gold parts and it should be pretty decent. The 3 things that really differ this car from the D08, are the inserts for the keyed suspension bridges, so you don't need a bunch of different bridges for tuning. Also the D07 has a slightly different overhang on the nose, so the front bumper upper brace isn't supported by the bulkheads, so if your running the aluminum chassis and have a heavy impact, it is possible to bend the chassis easier. Lastly there are no tuning adjustments for the motor mount itself.

Originally Posted by svturtle
I have 2 questions.
1, What scenario's would the mid flex motor mount post would be used? or even the optional solid post?

I have found that as the traction comes up the harder the post the better the car feels, mostly thru corners, it feels like it plants the car better. I have tried all three combinations and the solid post in combination with the different motor mount adjustment points can really fine tune the feel of the car. My present setup with high traction is the solid post but no spacers with the motor mount.

2, Are the TBBS shocks better for asphalt conditions or the original D08 shocks.

I think the general consensus is that short shocks seem to create more traction regardless of surface. The catch here is that the original VBC was a long big bore, so if heat fade in the shock is a issue, the long shock package could be a better pick. We have cars running here with both setups and they both seem to work very well, just slightly different feeling due to different c of g.

Old 09-14-2016, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by svturtle
I have 2 questions.
I have race the d08 on various outdoor/grip level tracks here in oz & have found the flex post solid or flexy one of no benefit so I don't use it
have tried the bb shocks on the same as above & found the originals to work better on our track types
but you may want to do comparison's yourself at your particular track
if you look on rc pettit site at the set up that ryan maker has for the d08 you will find this will work pretty well anywhere with just a minor change here or there
hope this helps
Old 09-14-2016, 09:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Flex

Dont overlook the tuning options of the motor post. The solid one will make the rear rotate faster and the flex one will add a bit more traction over the solid post. None at all is the most flex. If you play with removing different screws in the pin holders you can feel a difference in drive ability.
Old 09-15-2016, 01:20 AM
Tech Adept

Cheers guy's.
Will check out Ryans setup and start there Professor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.