Like Tree9Likes

VBC Racing D08

Old 08-24-2017, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Sway bars and TBBShocks on the chassis. F1 2017 comes out tomorrow - so there may not be much progress over the weekend.

Still, will have to adjust the sway bars (Chris Grainger has an excellent YT video of this for the TC7) and will do that before I throw it on the setup station.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey guys just so you know http://www.gripworksrc.com is having a long weekend sale this weekend 10% off on everything, including vbc kits which already have some nice discounts on them
https://gripworksrc.com/collections/vbc-racing-car-kits

discount code: LONGWEEKEND

Thanks everyone
aracefan likes this.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:16 PM
No9
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey guys can anyone tell me if the difference between the TBB and TBBS shocks is just the shaft length.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by No9 View Post
Hey guys can anyone tell me if the difference between the TBB and TBBS shocks is just the shaft length.
Shock body is shorter
Old 10-18-2017, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think it's time for replacement belts, Looking at some of the white belts are out there.. ( I know VBC makes own..) I like the looks of the white ones.

Anyone know the teeth size or how long they are?

TIA
Old 12-28-2017, 01:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

I just received a 'new to me' VBC D08 sedan that came with the aluminum chassis installed. I also received the stock graphite chassis. I run locally on the older grey Ozite carpet and think that the better chassis would be the graphite version for my situation. Any thoughts?
Old 12-28-2017, 03:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
I just received a 'new to me' VBC D08 sedan that came with the aluminum chassis installed. I also received the stock graphite chassis. I run locally on the older grey Ozite carpet and think that the better chassis would be the graphite version for my situation. Any thoughts?
Pending on traction.. I have ran both on grey and black carpet ( I only run 17.5) and I really enjoy alum one, feels better in my hands

I really do enjoy my D08 still... just stock up on spares.
Old 12-28-2017, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have all the Do series and I keep coming back to the aluminum chassis Correction I don't have the 10 yet. We run it on the gray and black carpet.
Old 12-28-2017, 04:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 1shnot View Post
Pending on traction.. I have ran both on grey and black carpet ( I only run 17.5) and I really enjoy alum one, feels better in my hands

I really do enjoy my D08 still... just stock up on spares.
My car came with a decent amount of spares so I should be fine. I also believe that the chassis has the newer low profile front rear shock towers. I race in Ottawa on the older grey carpet and a few times in Kingston on similar carpet. We don't have any tracks locally yet with the new high-grip carpet.

I might leave the aluminum chassis on as I want to try mod sedan with this chassis. Any idea on an FDR for mod sedan? Car has a 96T 64P spur right now. Thanks.

Last edited by SteveM; 04-01-2019 at 08:34 PM.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:47 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Steve,
I run a D08 in stock and mod on both grey and black carpet. I've made the carbon and aluminum chassis' work on both surfaces. With the cf chassis, i ran the stiffer gold top deck, 1pc fr bridge, solid stiffener post, and the motor mount in full stiff setup. If The traction doesn't come up on the grey carpet, you can try removing the post and experiment with softer settings with the motor mount. I run the aluminum chassis on both cars now since traction has come up on our grey carpet local track but i run on black carpet often with other clubs in the wcics series.
What motor are you using in mod? I run 116/28 with 6.5 boosted, 116/26 with 4.5 boosted, and 116/30 with 7.5 boosted.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DBM View Post
Hi Steve,
I run a D08 in stock and mod on both grey and black carpet. I've made the carbon and aluminum chassis' work on both surfaces. With the cf chassis, i ran the stiffer gold top deck, 1pc fr bridge, solid stiffener post, and the motor mount in full stiff setup. If The traction doesn't come up on the grey carpet, you can try removing the post and experiment with softer settings with the motor mount. I run the aluminum chassis on both cars now since traction has come up on our grey carpet local track but i run on black carpet often with other clubs in the wcics series.
What motor are you using in mod? I run 116/28 with 6.5 boosted, 116/26 with 4.5 boosted, and 116/30 with 7.5 boosted.
I have a Much More Fleta 8.0T motor and a Turnigy 6.5T. My spur is a 96T so I will need to replace with something larger for mod racing. I am thinking a FDR of 7.60 would be a starting point as my track is small and others in the area not really that big either.

Our grey carpet has medium traction but gets better as the day progresses once the 12th pan guys lay down the rubber/traction compound. I think that the aluminum chassis is my best bet right now. I can adjust for grip as you mention with motor mount, suspension holders, etc...
Old 03-24-2018, 10:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

How do you guys properly measure the rear droop? The bottom of the upright is kinda sticking out if you measure it from the side? Can you guys pls post a picture? Thank You in Advance.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

I'm on the fence and wanted some input from the group.

I just wrapped up our winter indoor carpet season. This was my first season on this car (D08 DE) and having been out of the scene for a number of years, I picked up this New, but never run D08 DE and did okay with it considering my absence from Onroad (still race offroad regularly).

I didn't know how much racing I would do so I didn't want to spend a fortune, and picked up locally for a relative bargain, HOWEVER, soon after purchase, the 10 was released. (Always my luck, buy a car one gen past, and a new version comes out shortly there-after and makes mine MORE obsolete.)

How many still run the 08 competitively and thoughts on if trying to sell at a loss and get the 10 (or even locate a 9) if there is a serious competitive advantage to a new car.

I also contemplated jumping off the VBC train all together and try something different (The Xpress XQ-1 has my eye) otherwise I might look to up grade my Stock sedan, and move my D08 to Scale Spec duties.

Trying to be practical but also mindful of budget. Has anyone found a sizable advantage of the 9 or 10 and would it be a worthwhile upgrade? It will be interesting to see, with Summer Outdoor, I don't know home many more are going to be racing stock sedan (winter we've only had 2 instances of a
B-Main, I don't know how many more racers are going to come out in the summer). Typically I am mid or lower A finisher.

Just wanting some feedback from fellow racers who still run the 8 and are competitive with more current cars.

Momo
Old 03-26-2018, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

I am currently running my D08 in USGT and have won or tied for first the last two point series at my local track. I still believe it is a competitive car. I do have to say that I love my D10 but not sure if I will sale my D08 just yet.
Old 03-26-2018, 07:55 PM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

I have a D10 and two D08's. The D08s are still fantastic cars. I've managed to podium recently with the D08s in usgt and mod on black carpet. You won't see much of a difference going to a D09, but the D10 is faster on high traction surface. If you have some money burning a hole in your pocket, the d10 is a good car. However, the d08 is still a good car. Now, if you had a D07, I'd say to definitely upgrade.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.