Like Tree9Likes

VBC Racing D08

Old 03-11-2016, 09:56 PM
  #196  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
midse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 415
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Track

Originally Posted by Yokolun View Post
check the front bearing?
Check servo mounting screws and all screws for that matter. Also arm suspension pin slop
midse is offline  
Old 03-12-2016, 02:34 AM
  #197  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 34
Default

Turns out it was the rear left suspension arm pin, it had a considerable bend in it, straightened it out, checked and adjusted all turnbuckle lengths, it is now pulling much straighter
Lowie57 is offline  
Old 03-12-2016, 03:01 AM
  #198  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
EDWARD2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 2,107
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Lowie57 View Post
Turns out it was the rear left suspension arm pin, it had a considerable bend in it, straightened it out, checked and adjusted all turnbuckle lengths, it is now pulling much straighter
Buy new ones.
EDWARD2003 is offline  
Old 03-12-2016, 12:33 PM
  #199  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Richwhat??
Posts: 401
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003 View Post
Buy new ones.
+1 if your in a pinch sure but definetly replace it the first chance you get.

On another note I just ordered all the new goodies. Aluminum chassis, short shocks/springs/shock towers.

Stoked
JoeGlover is offline  
Old 03-12-2016, 02:42 PM
  #200  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
Benzaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,030
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default

Is anyone having issues with the arm pin inserts breaking? I'm finding that after a tumble or a wall hit the pins are busting through the thin edge. No other part is being affected so it's kinda a cheap fix but it would be much better in a delrin plastic not this flimsy black plastic.
Benzaah is offline  
Old 03-12-2016, 03:20 PM
  #201  
Tech Regular
 
zoomster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 288
Default

Yep,its the ball that is causing the punching through,if anything they should of only left a 2 mm hole to push the insert out,not machine the suspension block down at the back,its not leaving any support for the insert.
zoomster is offline  
Old 03-12-2016, 07:06 PM
  #202  
Tech Adept
 
Svendc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Belgium
Posts: 134
Default

I prefer inserts instead of alu fixed blocks, but more solid ones like the TC7 or the team magic ones. So good point to work on.
Svendc is offline  
Old 03-22-2016, 06:07 AM
  #203  
Tech Master
iTrader: (59)
 
The One They Call Dirty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,133
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

Got my car today, can't wait to start the build!
The One They Call Dirty is offline  
Old 03-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  #204  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 223
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I had a nasty wreck with mine when a pin in the front left CVD broke and sent me nearly head on into a wall. Snapped the top deck amongst other things. Just received the top deck from VBC (as VBC USA does not yet carry it).

Took the time to make a few of the shock mods that have been suggested and clean up my wiring.

Looking forward to getting it out this weekend for some testing and tuning. This is still not my primary chassis but with additional testing I think it could easily be just as good. Excellent craftsmanship on the kit.
RollingChicane2 is offline  
Old 03-22-2016, 09:31 AM
  #205  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 745
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

I raced mine in 17.5 on asphalt for the first time last weekend and can say I was very happy with it. Tire choice later in the day took me out of contention but to run lap for lap with some of the fastest guys in AZ during the first heat with it left me with a lot of confidence.
linkless is offline  
Old 03-22-2016, 11:47 AM
  #206  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
tbrymer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,435
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by linkless View Post
I raced mine in 17.5 on asphalt for the first time last weekend and can say I was very happy with it. Tire choice later in the day took me out of contention but to run lap for lap with some of the fastest guys in AZ during the first heat with it left me with a lot of confidence.
Your car looked good and when I drove it, it felt awesome!
tbrymer is offline  
Old 03-24-2016, 09:46 AM
  #207  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 168
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post
Is anyone having issues with the arm pin inserts breaking? I'm finding that after a tumble or a wall hit the pins are busting through the thin edge. No other part is being affected so it's kinda a cheap fix but it would be much better in a delrin plastic not this flimsy black plastic.
Originally Posted by zoomster View Post
Yep,its the ball that is causing the punching through,if anything they should of only left a 2 mm hole to push the insert out,not machine the suspension block down at the back,its not leaving any support for the insert.
Anyone come up with a fix for this yet?
Rodney Racer is offline  
Old 03-24-2016, 01:02 PM
  #208  
Tech Regular
 
zoomster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 288
Default

Hi at present i have not heard of a fix for it.
As im a mod driver i normally don't play around with track width on the rear only toeing,so Ive gone back to solid blocks,as at present its the rear inserts i was having the problems with breaking through.
The front Ive left with the inserted suspension blocks.
zoomster is offline  
Old 03-24-2016, 04:25 PM
  #209  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 219
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know of hand the min/max size pinion you can fit with the stock 116 tooth spur?
GimpyGolden is offline  
Old 03-24-2016, 10:09 PM
  #210  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 265
Default

Anyone has experience with the new short shocks and lower shock towers?
Ted Su(TW) is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.