Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Deal that went wrong for me? Need input. >

Deal that went wrong for me? Need input.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Deal that went wrong for me? Need input.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 08:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Deal that went wrong for me? Need input.

I recently purchased something and the deal was shipped via USPS EMS (3-5 day with tracking #)

I just found out that item was shipped via Airmail EMS 7-10 days. I am really upset as I was expecting to received the item this week.

Seller said: it was an honest mistake as its my first time to post something overseas, price on the USPS website matches the shipping he paid and it always takes 7-10 days when he buys something.

Should I just shut up and wait for the item or should I chase this further. Someone told me that I should get a refund in postage, difference between the cost of sending via EMS 3-5 days - Airmail 7-10 day.

What do you guys think?
Old 11-14-2005, 08:56 PM

How big of difference? Try to ask for the difference & see what happen.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Let it go!

Let it go!! It could be a honest mistake! Not a big deal in waiting a extra day or two.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

If you paid by Paypal, wait for the parcel to arrive (it should have the postage cost on it) and compare what you paid.

Ask the guy for a credit back on the difference, or report it to Paypal.

From my previous experience, there is quiet a bit of price difference between EMS and Airmail (especially if the parcel is coming from the USA to Australia)

Your other option is to grab a baseball bat and perform the delicate art of knee capping.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Twin 1 Kevin
Let it go!! It could be a honest mistake! Not a big deal in waiting a extra day or two.
Its more like a week or 2
Old 11-14-2005, 09:10 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

It could have been an accident....but either way if you payed for EMS shipping and it was shipped Parcel Post or air post then you should have the difference refunded to you.

Sometimes the people at the post office can really confuse people when shipping something overseas if the shipper has never done it before. Some people get scared of customs forms as well. There is a big long form for EMS and just a single short form for Global priority mail.

EA
Old 11-14-2005, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default EA

I agree with EA..
I've sent a few things to Australia...the EMS form is a bit confusing and if there was a long line the post office (always my luck to get there with 20 people in line ) it gets more rushed....i've gotten to the point where i only ship global priority a real breeze.

If the difference is a few bucks...no biggie as long as everything is as described which at the end of day is the biggest and most important thing.
but if it's a big difference the ask the seller to refund you that difference in $$$ that would be the fair and right thing to do...
guess at the end of the day...ask yourself what is a big difference in $$$ then pursue if you want.

Above all else have fun with whatever ya got ....and keep going faster and faster.
just my 2 cents...
Old 11-14-2005, 09:32 PM
Tech Champion

Seller quoted shipping cost in one of his PM $40.00 so I guess I'll just wait for the parcel to turn up and see how big difference.

This guy just made my day. Can't wait to see if he'll even agree to refund me the difference.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
It could have been an accident....but either way if you payed for EMS shipping and it was shipped Parcel Post or air post then you should have the difference refunded to you.

Sometimes the people at the post office can really confuse people when shipping something overseas if the shipper has never done it before. Some people get scared of customs forms as well. There is a big long form for EMS and just a single short form for Global priority mail.

EA

That's exactly what happens...........it happened to me.

I second what EA says.......
Old 11-14-2005, 09:43 PM
Team EAM

One other thing for people out there that I ran into. You can not track Global priority mail once it leaves the USA. It will only show what airport it left the US from. And you can not insure Global priority mail either...Only EMS. EMS comes with 100.00 automaticlly. You must purchase more after that.

EA
Old 11-14-2005, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

just out of curiosity who did you buy from ??

if it was this calvin wong, aka
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=89926

consider you self screwed.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:47 PM
Team EAM

I also just went to USPS for curiostiy. For a 6lb package to Australia it is 40.20 EMS 3-5 days. For Air mail parcel post it is 36.50 4-10 days. Its not that big of a difference so he cant use the argument that he was trying to save you some money!!

They dont offer global priority mail to Australia either...Some countries they dont have it to.

I also know that Australia is on the longer side of their shipping estimate depending on how far out you live.

EA
Old 11-14-2005, 09:54 PM
Tech Champion

I guess I should shut up and wait and hopefully the item is what it was describe or I will be naming names. Thanks for all the replies. Stay tune and will update after a week or 2.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default I stand corrected

You're right EA...
australia doesn't the priority thing...I stand corrected..maybe I'M SO CONFUSED NOW>>>
i grab the gray global priority free box...and put stuff in it...the guys at the post office do the rest...guess that is why i get the funny looks...or maybe they wonder i'm paying $30 + dollar to ship out something labeled as toy...

Last edited by olhipster1; 11-15-2005 at 06:35 AM.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I also just went to USPS for curiostiy. For a 6lb package to Australia it is 40.20 EMS 3-5 days. For Air mail parcel post it is 36.50 4-10 days. Its not that big of a difference so he cant use the argument that he was trying to save you some money!!

They dont offer global priority mail to Australia either...Some countries they dont have it to.

I also know that Australia is on the longer side of their shipping estimate depending on how far out you live.

EA

Actually they do offer Global Priority Mail to Australia, but is has a max weight of 4lbs.... I know this for a fact as I ship at least 2 shipments Via GPM weekly....

BTW; I agree with what you said in your previous post.... The fist time you ship something International via USPS your head will start to spin, not to mention the employees working the desk are of no help at all!!!! Trust me I KNOW!!! My very first international order was accidentally shipped via USPS air post, no tracking # no insurance (that was my fault). The order was just over $6K, it got lost in transit and finally showed up 2 months later ....But at least it showed up!!!.... From now on it's EMS for me (Insured BTW)

Curtis,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.