Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Roche Rapide F1-2016 > Roche Rapide F1-2016
Like Tree8Likes

Roche Rapide F1-2016

Reply

Old 04-24-2016, 03:39 PM
  #46  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (28)
 
j.d.roost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,087
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Got my car dialed in for the rug (just in time for outdoor season...).
Past few weekends have resulted in Tq and wins at my local (and points series p1).I felt very "locked in" today with my new setup. (old crc carpet). Thanks for posting your setup guys.


My setup.
30k in the tubes, thin grease on the pins,tamiya gold front springs (or a.e. #18 depending on grip), 1.5 camber and 9 caster,stock side springs,500 cst oil in the shock,xray 2.7 main spring,stock front shims with the shorter ride height standoff (McMaster parts I think).
1mm rear pod droop. x1 2016 body

Car is great...driver needs to stop tapping. I am a lot harder on the car then you "fast guys"...everything seems to be holding up well so far.

Last edited by j.d.roost; 04-24-2016 at 05:17 PM.
j.d.roost is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:27 AM
  #47  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 307
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Is the manual posted somewhere online?
[RC10TC] is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:40 AM
  #48  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (27)
 
hanulec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,684
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

http://www.rochercusa.com/p/downloads.html
hanulec is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:47 AM
  #49  
Tech Regular
 
spencehotbodies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: London
Posts: 267
Default Can't wait to run this

Looking forward to running this.
spencehotbodies is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 03:40 AM
  #50  
sg1
Tech Elite
iTrader: (79)
 
sg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,128
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by j.d.roost View Post
Got my car dialed in for the rug (just in time for outdoor season...).
Past few weekends have resulted in Tq and wins at my local (and points series p1).I felt very "locked in" today with my new setup. (old crc carpet). Thanks for posting your setup guys.


My setup.
30k in the tubes, thin grease on the pins,tamiya gold front springs (or a.e. #18 depending on grip), 1.5 camber and 9 caster,stock side springs,500 cst oil in the shock,xray 2.7 main spring,stock front shims with the shorter ride height standoff (McMaster parts I think).
1mm rear pod droop. x1 2016 body

Car is great...driver needs to stop tapping. I am a lot harder on the car then you "fast guys"...everything seems to be holding up well so far.
Did you lower the upper a-arms as well?
I put 2mm shorter lower standoffs in and then lowered the upper A-Arms 4mm and lowered the bell crank 2mm.
It changed the roll center and increased corner speed on the new CRC carpet.
sg1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:54 AM
  #51  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (28)
 
j.d.roost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,087
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sg1 View Post
Did you lower the upper a-arms as well?
I put 2mm shorter lower standoffs in and then lowered the upper A-Arms 4mm and lowered the bell crank 2mm.
It changed the roll center and increased corner speed on the new CRC carpet.
How did you lower the upper arms?
Did you mill the servo holder?

Also wanted to add I only switched from the stock front spring because I lost one. The tamiya gold seemed closest to the same rate.

Last edited by j.d.roost; 05-12-2016 at 07:19 AM.
j.d.roost is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:43 AM
  #52  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (31)
 
ralph m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 926
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by j.d.roost View Post
How did you lower the upper arms?
Did you mill the servo holder?

Also wanted to add I only switched from the stock front spring because I lost one. The tamiya gold seemed closest to the same rate.
I was thinking about this too... My guess is that he lowered the upper arm at the steering block by removing the shims above, making it "flatter".

Wayne?
ralph m is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:44 AM
  #53  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (31)
 
ralph m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 926
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sg1 View Post
Did you lower the upper a-arms as well?
I put 2mm shorter lower standoffs in and then lowered the upper A-Arms 4mm and lowered the bell crank 2mm.
It changed the roll center and increased corner speed on the new CRC carpet.
Is it necessary to use a shorter standoff to increase ground clearance?
ralph m is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:33 AM
  #54  
Tech Adept
 
corally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: italy
Posts: 118
Default

SG1...to lower the upper arm is necessary milling the servo mount not only place a lower standoff...right?
corally is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:54 AM
  #55  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (27)
 
hanulec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,684
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by corally View Post
SG1...to lower the upper arm is necessary milling the servo mount not only place a lower standoff...right?
Yes... Wayne is a mad scientist

With the exception of 4 lower standoffs I'm just playing with shims, camber, springs, etc
hanulec is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:13 AM
  #56  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (28)
 
j.d.roost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,087
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ralph m View Post
Is it necessary to use a shorter standoff to increase ground clearance?
If you still want droop at 4mm ride height yes.
j.d.roost is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:31 PM
  #57  
sg1
Tech Elite
iTrader: (79)
 
sg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,128
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

I did mill the servo holder down (just where the top plate mounts).
I found a standoff McMaster had to replace the long one going to the upper a-arm plate that was about 4mm shorter then the stock one.
I used Assoc. .018" 1/12 springs and have about 3.5mm droop now with 4.5mm ground clearance.
With CRC .45mm side springs and 10K in the tubes I get alot of chassis roll and great corner speed. Here's the layout I ran on:

Roche Rapide F1-2016-13061954_1111308452223600_8072408000929784588_n.jpg
sg1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 06:46 AM
  #58  
Tech Adept
 
corally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: italy
Posts: 118
Default

Thanks Sg1..

you run on carpet... i run only to asphalt medium grip...not sure same result..
corally is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 06:57 AM
  #59  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (31)
 
ralph m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 926
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Have you guys cut the shock shaft to achieve the specified length in the manual? I can't get there unless I do.
ralph m is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 06:59 AM
  #60  
sg1
Tech Elite
iTrader: (79)
 
sg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,128
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by corally View Post
Thanks Sg1..

you run on carpet... i run only to asphalt medium grip...not sure same result..
I think it should help, I gained steering and overall corner speed with those changes

One thing you could also try is rear track width, it's pretty narrow out of the box.
sg1 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service