R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-11-2005, 12:40 AM   #106
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just change the name of the class from "stock" to "slow".Who would want to run "expert slow"?
DrOlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 01:22 AM   #107
Tech Elite

Soviet is my hero

The brits run mod in the RAIN and make us all look like pussies![/QUOTE]

Thats soooo cool! LMAO

Don't forget the Japanese Nationals. Mod motors and 8 minutes racing!!!!

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 01:56 AM   #108
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT
Soviet is my hero

The brits run mod in the RAIN and make us all look like pussies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brant
Thats soooo cool! LMAO

Don't forget the Japanese Nationals. Mod motors and 8 minutes racing!!!!

Brant

Man...we suck...

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 04:49 AM   #109
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumper
Dude, thats a total contradiction to your whole arguement........... Pro level guys SHOULD move on because they're basically competing against amatuers....
please

The factory guys that are running in the mod class are metaphorically the Pro level in my post.

The factory guys running stock are the amatuers.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 06:55 AM   #110
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
Last, sponsorship is NOT AT ALL required to run fast at the stock level. This isn't to blow my own whistle, but illustrates my point. In 2004 I went to the snowbirds and ran sportsman 19T against many other "sponsored" guys.
Isn't this a problem?!? "Sponsored" guys running sportsman? Sure it is 19t sportsman .... but it is still sportsman. Why should/would any sponsored racers run in any sportsman classes.

Just seems wrong to me.

I've been wrong before though
Takt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 07:06 AM   #111
Tech Regular

I know a way to get the sandbaggers out of stock racing. Make the Race stock motors slower. In my opinion if a stock motor is turning the same lap times as a mod car, then the motor is no longer a stock motor. I feel that a stock motor should still have a full length armature and regular stand up brushes like the old days(late 80's early 90's) when they could have 44 degrees of timing and not burn up but were still slower than a 14 turn mod motor. But this is just my opinion.
T. Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 07:07 AM   #112
Tech Adept

GREAT POST! The best thing I've read in a while.

Explain to me why there were factory guys running 19T sportsman at the BIRDS last year? Straight up retarded, and those guys should be ashamed of themselfs!

Purely stupid, and for a sponsor to allow this is too WRONG as hell.

I can sit here and name the top 5 sand baggers but they all know who they are.

And whats up with these fruitcakes club racing the slow noobies and thinking they are bad as hell?? They use these stats to find new sponsors, hey look at my race results I crush these guys every week! Get out of here man, go race some competition!

Yea you know who you are! So some guys deserve it where as some truely suck at big races and it shows they NEVER should of been sponsored at all!!

I see it all too often, it's a JOKE!!!
Lana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 07:13 AM   #113
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I not a great driver but I have been racing clean laps lately. I've been only doing this for a year and a half. This is what Hobby Chamber did:

1. Stock point series from March to May

2. 19 turn point series from June to August

3. Mod. point series from Sept. to Nov.

Being on edge for mod. makes it beyond fun and the better class of the 3. I'll admit that I did better in 19turn.

Chain of events

1. New guy get first car races stock class

2. 85% of the " I've been racing for 10 year and don't have time to help the new guy" stock lifer Fags, Homo, pussies.

3. New guy hacks you becasue he nervous "get out of the wayyyyyyyyy", "make way for the fasy guy"

4. Stock lifer Fags, homo and pussy wines to the race director about being put in qual round with a bunch of new driver.

5. New guy or gal loses interest in the hobby sell car and it was like they where never here because of A-hole racer who was NEVER a new guy himself and started off in A-main and TQ in his very first race.

IF YOU RACE NITRO SEDAN DURING THE SUMMER AND RACE STOCK SEADN DURING CARPET SEASON AND BEEN IN THIS HOBBY FOR 3 YEARS OR MORE. YOU MY FRIEND ARE A BIG TIME PUSSY. BE A MAN AND STEP YOUR CAME IN 19 TURN. ONE MORE THING IF YOUR SOME CAREER STOCK GUY AND MOVE UP TO 19 TUNN AND GET SMOKED AND RUN BACK TO STOCK, YOU WILL NEVER PROGESS THROUGH THE RANKS.
You don't want to race against some factory guy in mod. Well guess what the new guys don't want to race against someone outside of his peer group on the track
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 07:14 AM   #114
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgmeat
I not a great driver but I have been racing clean laps lately. I've been only doing this for a year and a half. This is what Hobby Chamber did:

1. Stock point series from March to May

2. 19 turn point series from June to August

3. Mod. point series from Sept. to Nov.

Being on edge for mod. makes it beyond fun and the better class of the 3. I'll admit that I did better in 19turn.

Chain of events

1. New guy get first car races stock class

2. 85% of the " I've been racing for 10 year and don't have time to help the new guy" stock lifer Fags, Homo, pussies.

3. New guy hacks you becasue he nervous "get out of the wayyyyyyyyy", "make way for the fasy guy"

4. Stock lifer Fags, homo and pussy wines to the race director about being put in qual round with a bunch of new driver.

5. New guy or gal loses interest in the hobby sell car and it was like they where never here because of A-hole racer who was NEVER a new guy himself and started off in A-main and TQ in his very first race.

IF YOU RACE NITRO SEDAN DURING THE SUMMER AND RACE STOCK SEADN DURING CARPET SEASON AND BEEN IN THIS HOBBY FOR 3 YEARS OR MORE. YOU MY FRIEND ARE A BIG TIME PUSSY. BE A MAN AND STEP YOUR CAME IN 19 TURN. ONE MORE THING IF YOUR SOME CAREER STOCK GUY AND MOVE UP TO 19 TUNN AND GET SMOKED AND RUN BACK TO STOCK, YOU WILL NEVER PROGESS THROUGH THE RANKS.
You don't want to race against some factory guy in mod. Well guess what the new guys don't want to race against someone outside of his peer group on the track
LOL, I just pissed myself!!! GREAT STUFF.
Lana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 07:24 AM   #115
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This used to be a civilized and cool discussion.

Anyway, I do agree about sponsored guys running Sportsman 19T at the Birds being lame. I think that the directors of the event really should patrol it a bit more. Until they do, it's going to keep happening.

Having said that, people will always, always find a way around the rules. You can't expect legalism to fix the entire system. It's got to be a cooperative deal.

Last edited by Jon Williams; 11-11-2005 at 07:35 AM.
Jon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 07:31 AM   #116
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrOlds
Just change the name of the class from "stock" to "slow".Who would want to run "expert slow"?
And speaking of slow. There is this group of guys here in Cali That insist's on running a Mabuchi motor class cant get much slowwer then that. But the funny thing is that they sit there and tune on these things and try to make them faster

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 07:36 AM   #117
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

My point exactly! I think the guys in Maryland have the same deal with Mini Coopers. These guys wrench on 'em to no end and the difference between the fast ones and the slow ones is proportionally large. So much for leveling the playing field.
Jon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 07:37 AM   #118
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have been around for many years. I have to agree that when drivers can consistantly make the top 10 at the large events, they should move on.

I also have to agree that stock racing is far from beginner racing when your in the top 10%. I have heard others say it is MORE difficult than mod and from certain aspects, I can agree.

I think we can see this though. Im pretty sure Smyka has moved on, I know Bobby Flack has moved on, Ray Darroch... ect...

This is my first year attempting 19t.. in addition to stock. I won the Classic in stock and had no trouble making the show in 19t.... and this race was every bit as close as IIC or USIC... If the success continues through the rest of the season for me.. I will most likely be running 19t and mod next year. Just seems like the thing to do.

Keith
Old 11-11-2005, 07:43 AM   #119
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I like the fact that people can sit and wrench and wrench on a car, and make it faster. This makes racing what it is, competitive. Lets be honest, when you know you are going to attend a major event, you prepare every way you can. You test and retest to get your car as fast as you can. So I think we are all doing about the most we do to make the cars fast. But I think the issue is that we are seeing the same 10 people in the amains eveyr year at the national races. I just think we need to see some more unknowns who worked their but off to make the show and win the race. Not the same people.
runnin rc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 07:43 AM   #120
Tech Regular

I have to say the Japan guys will kick the US ass any time and any place in any class stock or mod the pride of the Japan guys will not let them fail in anything, with us American we have thinks so easy, PRIDE take the back stage in things we do, and that's sad, and for team drivers racing stock, you have to look at it this way, one person will do well in stock and not mod so he will stay in stock, i will agree that after a few win in stock the team driver should try something different say 19t, and then after a few win stepup to say 12t, now there should be different class in mod, say one class 12t limit and a open class mod for lower turns, but that's my opion, don't get me wrong i am an American that fought with American, which i don't think most of you guys did so there you go let's stop the talk and get our PRIDE back and kick some Ass.
Ramyuras is offline   Reply With Quote